Around Big East

• 3954 replies

TONYD3

Re: around the big east
« Reply #2640 on: April 30, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
I'd be shocked if Florida didn't look at Steve Lavin for their opening.
I bet he would do fine there.
Well - put it this way - Chris Mack or Steve Lavin?
Very close in my mind. I don't hate the guy like most of you. At Florida, he would recruit well and make the tournament. He would also say stupid things and bother some people.

« Reply #2641 on: April 30, 2015, 04:59:45 PM »
Wright ain't going to Florida.  There are probably only a couple of pro/college jobs he would leave for, if that.  Nova is his kingdom and dream job in many respects.

Duke is the only job he leaves for

« Reply #2642 on: April 30, 2015, 05:22:19 PM »
Very close in my mind. I don't hate the guy like most of you. At Florida, he would recruit well and make the tournament. He would also say stupid things and bother some people.
I don't hate Lavin - only Christian Laettner - but I don't hate him anymore - just Duke....jk

Here's the rundown for coaches - Lavin not mentioned on CBSSports

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25168953/who-shouldwill-florida-hire-to-replace-billy-donovan-as-basketball-coach

desco80

« Reply #2643 on: April 30, 2015, 06:06:56 PM »

Florida Atlantic Gulf Coastal State wouldn't even give Lavin an interview if they had an opening.

« Reply #2644 on: April 30, 2015, 06:39:01 PM »

Florida Atlantic Gulf Coastal State wouldn't even give Lavin an interview if they had an opening.

You may have to seek some therapy, Desco.

isham

« Reply #2645 on: April 30, 2015, 07:34:07 PM »
They may decide to skip the therapy and institutionalize instead.

« Reply #2646 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »

Before or after they look at Antigua?

« Reply #2647 on: April 30, 2015, 11:14:44 PM »
Lavs will do TV for a couple of years then take a Northern Cali job like U of SF

Wods317

« Reply #2648 on: May 01, 2015, 12:12:19 AM »
Anyone who thinks Lavin will be a candidate at Florida is out of their mind lol. He will do some tv like the previous poster said and end up at a west coast school although I think his next job will be better then San Fran

Mike

« Reply #2649 on: May 01, 2015, 09:28:15 AM »
Anyone who thinks Lavin will be a candidate at Florida is out of their mind lol. He will do some tv like the previous poster said and end up at a west coast school although I think his next job will be better then San Fran

Don't worry, it's just Desco continuing to bash Lavin any chance he can. Eventually the hard on he has for Lavin will die down.

redslope

« Reply #2650 on: May 01, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »

Don't worry, it's just Desco continuing to bash Lavin any chance he can. Eventually the hard on he has for Lavin will die down.

I think the best place for him would be to replace Ben Howland at Fox--Ben was rather dull something one can not attribute to Coach Lavin.  His personality is clearly TV oriented and I think he could have a long career in that medium rather than on the bench.

« Reply #2651 on: May 01, 2015, 11:56:40 AM »
@MarquetteMBB: 2015 #mubb recruiting class finishes among best in nation. @steve_wojo http://t.co/uqXXjzGEVe http://t.co/86a9ihHFcC

Good for the league...

My niece will be attending Marquette and be a member of the dance team this coming year. Pairing that with my father being recruited by them back in the day, Baldi has a 3rd team  to root for

« Reply #2652 on: May 01, 2015, 12:15:12 PM »
@MarquetteMBB: 2015 #mubb recruiting class finishes among best in nation. @steve_wojo http://t.co/uqXXjzGEVe http://t.co/86a9ihHFcC

Good for the league...

My niece will be attending Marquette and be a member of the dance team this coming year. Pairing that with my father being recruited by them back in the day, Baldi has a 3rd team  to root for
Bandwagoning the mighty Wojo

desco80

« Reply #2653 on: May 02, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »

Not likely.  I don't suffer fools well. 
Why would my estimation of Lavin die down over time?
SL is dumb and a poor manager of personnel.   Aside from that I don't feel very strongly about him one way or another.

« Reply #2654 on: May 02, 2015, 05:06:36 PM »

SL is dumb and a poor manager of personnel.   Aside from that I don't feel very strongly about him one way or another.

i bet Lav doesn't coach again. great man, just doesn't appear to have the work ethic required to be successful.

« Reply #2655 on: May 02, 2015, 06:00:38 PM »

I think that quote means, you won't deal with folks who consider to be foolish, and move on.  Maybe, you have a different interpretation of the quote. 

I'm wondering if he screwed you over personally.  Otherwise, your mania seems a bit odd.  No offense, you should move on or show yourself to be petty.  I wanna believe you're better than that.

« Reply #2658 on: June 15, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
Tyler Foster, 2017 SG, to Georgetown:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/varsity-letters/bal-gilman-guard-tyler-foster-commits-to-georgetown-20150610-story.html

Very tight with Rafus btw.

When I was looking at all Baltimore area top recruits these next couple of years, the cupboard is pretty bare.  When it changes a bit, I hope we can pluck one or two from DMV area teams.

« Reply #2659 on: June 16, 2015, 04:04:48 PM »
@ikhurshudyan: Virginia basketball will host Villanova on Dec. 19 at JPJ, UVa announces. Return game will be during 2016-17 season in Philly.