Xavier 2

• 150 replies

cjfish

Re: Xavier 2
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2015, 11:34:09 PM »
Lavin's timeouts again make no sense. Harrison with 4 fouls and theres a stoppage in play when X has the ball, why doesnt he take him out?
He has a tired team and maybe just maybe he knows his team better than you and me

excellent observation

cjfish

« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2015, 11:38:46 PM »
DOm may be playing his way into the second round, finishing and D on NBA level, MVP of team and should be all conference

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:00 PM »
We've been so inconsistent it's hard to draw the average fan.  If we would've kept up the momentum we had in Nov and December ...we would have better crowds.
But we go from ranked 15th to losing 3 straight.  Then losses to Creighton and DePaul.  So we never built the cred we needed to draw the average nyc bball fan.

That said, I hope that Saturday is a big crowd.  The school should tap into the marketing budget to run some extra ads on WFAN and tv promoting tickets for the game this week. 

this is what I meant in my previous posts. PR department needs to step up. This is an exciting time, run with it

I think they do a really great job. Just a lot of things to do in NYC. If St. John's was a perennial top 10 team people would come consistently.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

CC

« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2015, 11:43:11 PM »
We've been so inconsistent it's hard to draw the average fan.  If we would've kept up the momentum we had in Nov and December ...we would have better crowds.
But we go from ranked 15th to losing 3 straight.  Then losses to Creighton and DePaul.  So we never built the cred we needed to draw the average nyc bball fan.

That said, I hope that Saturday is a big crowd.  The school should tap into the marketing budget to run some extra ads on WFAN and tv promoting tickets for the game this week. 

Indeed us code WFAN for 10 bucks off seats for Saturdays game.

« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2015, 01:08:55 AM »
Congratulations to Sir Dominic Pointer for joining the prestigious St. John's University 1000 point scorers club!  Sir with much much Love passed Justin "JB1" Burrell to debut at 49th on the all-time list.

Mr. Burrell was very tight with legendary former BEB and JJ poster KOB.

« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2015, 01:28:56 AM »
Loving to say this right now- Rysheed Jordan seems to be molding into a true point guard in front of our very eyes. Past 2 games he has 1 turnover and 12 assists. Something I thought I'd never say, but he seems to be playing the role he's expected to play these past few games which is an awesome sign.  :)

« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2015, 02:29:52 AM »
Let's not forget that Saturday vs G'town is also senior day, another reason to go to the Garden.

Foad

« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2015, 08:06:08 AM »

LoganK

« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2015, 08:29:33 AM »
Loving to say this right now- Rysheed Jordan seems to be molding into a true point guard in front of our very eyes. Past 2 games he has 1 turnover and 12 assists. Something I thought I'd never say, but he seems to be playing the role he's expected to play these past few games which is an awesome sign.  :)
He's been driving and looking to dish, rather than driving and looking to put it up no matter what.  Playing more with the flow than forcing it.

« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2015, 12:32:00 PM »
3'lo and Oblockpa looked less injured to me.  Could bode well for the future.

We all must have been rubbing our rabbit's foots hard yesterday.  Many zebra's decisions and non-decisions going our way.  And to survive a 6 for 15 ft. effort in a 1 point victory? 

Team of destiny?

redslope

« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2015, 06:12:23 PM »
last night I thought X took the crowd of the game in the second half until the Dominator made a free throw about 8 minutes in.  Believe it was our first point and instead of a derisive cher it was like a sigh of relief that cracked Dom up--it seemed to relax the team and the fans alike and got us back into the game