Xavier 2

• 150 replies

Wods317

Xavier 2
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:11:03 AM »
Close to a must win for us at home. We beat them and Georgetown and you can basically write your ticket into the dance. Xavier is like us very talented but very inconsistent. The boys know what's on the line.

Sju 74

Poison

Re: Xavier 2
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »
I think our guys see the home stretch and are preparing to give it their all on Monday. That said, we're still not at 100% and Xavier is a well coached team, so I expect another close one. And I have STJ winning 79-70.

Dom continues his dominant play and goes off vs Xavier. 24 points, 11 rebounds and 6 blocks.
Greene continues his strong play with 17 points, and Amar Alibegovic scores a career high 8 points and pulls down 5 boards off the bench. Also he picks ups 4 fouls 16 minutes.

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »
He get 5 fouls . Make them count.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 10:03:33 PM »
I fear a repeat of last year's deflating defeat at the garden that essentially killed our momentum and cost us a tourney bid. 

Xavier 76
St. Johns 71

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 11:17:36 PM »
I fear a repeat of last year's deflating defeat at the garden that essentially killed our momentum and cost us a tourney bid. 

Xavier 76
St. Johns 71

I want to believe in this coach and this team. Last year cant repeat.

Dan

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 12:44:54 AM »
This game is huge...a loss to Xavier really puts everything on the line vs. Georgetown and they don't match up well with them.  If they win here, they could probably afford a loss to Georgetown provided they beat Marquette.  I'd say in these last four, 2-2 with losses to GTown and Villanova and one win in the BET puts them on the bubble, 2 wins in the BET puts them in. 

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 02:09:50 AM »
This game is huge...a loss to Xavier really puts everything on the line vs. Georgetown and they don't match up well with them.  If they win here, they could probably afford a loss to Georgetown provided they beat Marquette.  I'd say in these last four, 2-2 with losses to GTown and Villanova and one win in the BET puts them on the bubble, 2 wins in the BET puts them in. 

Why we don't match up with G'town?  Because they whipped us last week?  I bet some of you thought the same last year after they spanked us in DC, only for us to return the favor at MSG (yeah, we beat them by 25 at home in the rematch).

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »

Xavier 76
St. Johns 71
"Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones ~
Thich Naht Hanh"

Let our loved basketball team hear our voices these next two home games. We are still alive, and we are okay. Do not fear...

SJ 81, Xavier 79 - wrap up Reynolds, Trevon blows game winning shot, and makes Davis kind of blue...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:43:23 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »

Xavier 76
St. Johns 71
"Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones ~
Thich Naht Hanh"

Let our loved basketball team hear our voices these next two home games. We are still alive, and we are okay. Do not fear...

SJ 81, Xavier 79 - wrap up Reynolds, Trevon blows game winning shot, and makes Davis kind of blue...

Hopefully, it does not come down to last second shot

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »
Bench     - 63
Munson - 53

Poison

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 01:47:15 PM »

Why we don't match up with G'town?  Because they whipped us last week?  I bet some of you thought the same last year after they spanked us in DC, only for us to return the favor at MSG (yeah, we beat them by 25 at home in the rematch).

We certainly do match up with Georgetown, but we don't match up with anyone if DLo scores 5 points.

He doesn't have to score 30 points, but he has to get his, and other guys have to play their best game. And we need more than that. We need guys like Amar, Joey and Felix to contribute. Xavier and Georgetown have deeper benches than we do. We need everyone to be ready to play their best basketball, because we know Xavier and Georgetown will be ready.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:50:17 PM by Poison »

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 02:34:02 PM »

Xavier 76
St. Johns 71
Thich Naht Hanh"

Hopefully, it does not come down to last second shot
Hopefully, but it wouldn't fit my Bluiett play on names...ha ha ha  (Reynolds Wrap, Bluiett misses shot, Myles Davis - yeah, I was obscure a bit)

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »
Our disruptive defense (featuring Sir Dominic) will shift momentum in our direction during the last 10 minutes of the game and we triumph in the end.

77-73 SJU.

DLo ices the game with foul 5 shots in the last 5 minutes of play.

Obekpa flashes his enigmatic smile as the buzzer sounds.

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 03:40:02 PM »
For the first time, these seniors and coach win what is essentially as close as you can get to a must win late in the season re: NCAA berth.

St. John's 75
Xavier 68
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »
For the first time, these seniors and coach win what is essentially as close as you can get to a must win late in the season re: NCAA berth.

St. John's 75
Xavier 68

Gotta get this game tonight and make it 5 out of 6

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 05:28:45 PM »

We certainly do match up with Georgetown, but we don't match up with anyone if DLo scores 5 points.

^^^^
This!

desco80

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 06:16:04 PM »
Let's go get this one boys! 

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 07:57:50 PM »
Roger Rubin ‏@RogRubin  2m2 minutes ago
St. John's starting 5 v. Xavier: Harrison, Greene, Jordan, Pointer and Alibegovic. TV: FOX Sports 1. Radio: 970 AM. #sjubb

cjfish

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 08:02:16 PM »
Excellent, better ball movement and no early fouls for CO, Amar moves the ball well, sets best screens on the team

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »
Dreadful start.......