Xavier 2

• 150 replies

Re: Xavier 2
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2015, 11:04:33 PM »
Honestly disappointing crowd for biggest game of season thus far but the guys pulled it out.  This felt like a survive and advance type of win!  Great D.

Howie Kussoy @HowieKussoy
Johnnies players wearing "Own the City" shirts. Someone forgot to tell the city. Awful crowd at MSG for a huge game.

School needs to have some sort of pep rally this week leading into the biggest game of the year against rival Georgetown. It's a shame

That might be tough considering students are on "Spring Break"

"We own the city"

Open it up to public.

desco80

« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2015, 11:14:17 PM »
Our shooting was awful all game long. 
But our defense in, and in the first half especially, was phenomenal. 

This was a game most st johns teams of recent vintage would have lost. 
And I can't say enough good things about dom.  He played fantastic.and jordan played within himself and didn't force things.  I thought that was a big sign of growth.

CC

« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2015, 11:14:19 PM »
Honestly disappointing crowd for biggest game of season thus far but the guys pulled it out.  This felt like a survive and advance type of win!  Great D.

Johnnies players wearing "Own the City" shirts. Someone forgot to tell the city. Awful crowd at MSG for a huge game.

School needs to have some sort of pep rally this week leading into the biggest game of the year against rival Georgetown. It's a shame

"We own the city"

Open it up to public.

I bet 12-13K sat

desco80

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2015, 11:16:13 PM »

"We own the city"

Open it up to public.

You know under Armour makes the shirts, not the kids.  I'm not saying they're not cocky, but these kids have taken their lumps.
Be supportive after a good win. 

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2015, 11:17:33 PM »
I was not surprised.  Bad weather, Monday night.  Most programs deal with this issue when they have a big arena to fill (Gtown last week seemed half empty).  Hell Roy Williams complained at a press conference this weekend because their arena was a morgue. 

We will have a good crowd on Saturday.

« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:25 PM »
Yea seriously.  Mock these kids.  Real fan.  Especially when your other team gets 500 and its a good crowd.  Utter f-in joke.

« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2015, 11:20:19 PM »

"We own the city"

Open it up to public.

You know under Armour makes the shirts, not the kids.  I'm not saying they're not cocky, but these kids have taken their lumps.

I am being supportive. That's why I said they should have some sort of pep rally for these guys. In a fight to get into a tournament....students and young alumns should be eating this up. I don't care if they are on spring break

« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2015, 11:20:24 PM »

In spite of the weather, it is Spring Break.  Students are home.  Disappointing that more "old folks" didn't come out.

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2015, 11:21:34 PM »
Yea seriously.  Mock these kids.  Real fan.  Especially when your other team gets 500 and its a good crowd.  Utter f-in joke.

Who is mocking them. I'm referring to the empty seats
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:24:48 PM by Marco Baldi »

desco80

« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2015, 11:24:40 PM »
We've been so inconsistent it's hard to draw the average fan.  If we would've kept up the momentum we had in Nov and December ...we would have better crowds.
But we go from ranked 15th to losing 3 straight.  Then losses to Creighton and DePaul.  So we never built the cred we needed to draw the average nyc bball fan.

That said, I hope that Saturday is a big crowd.  The school should tap into the marketing budget to run some extra ads on WFAN and tv promoting tickets for the game this week. 

« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2015, 11:24:43 PM »
From the under 4:00 timeout to halftime may be the best defense I've ever seen a St. John's team play.  Also, after every game I walk out totally amazed at what Sir'Dom has done.  One of the best defensive players I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2015, 11:25:16 PM »

"We own the city"

Open it up to public.

I bet 12-13K sat

I will be there. i will be taking 6 other ppl with me who have never been to the garden before so I hope the place is rocking.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:25:32 PM by redstorm89 »

desco80

« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:08 PM »

"We own the city"

Open it up to public.

I am being supportive. That's why I said they should have some sort of pep rally for these guys. In a fight to get into a tournament....students and young alumns should be eating this up. I don't care if they are on spring break

Fair enough. 
And let's be honest, even with the dorms, sju is still a commuter school.   Spring break just means kids are home with mom n dad in queens or long island. 

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:09 PM »

"We own the city"

Open it up to public.
I love the swagger the shirt states. It's a definite positive attitude and right direction to when SJU owned the city. I also think it plays well with the chips on the players shoulders.

The program needs to win consistently for large crowds to show up routinyly again.  There are positive signs that SJU fan are slowly awakening, Carnesseca areana had great crowds. The crowd was t big but it was lively.

Hopefully the team can finish strong, do well in the BET, and steal a win or two in the tournament. This will hopefully lead to a solid recruiting class that can be rebuild quickly.  I will leave the coaching situation out if this for now.

Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:40 PM »
We've been so inconsistent it's hard to draw the average fan.  If we would've kept up the momentum we had in Nov and December ...we would have better crowds.
But we go from ranked 15th to losing 3 straight.  Then losses to Creighton and DePaul.  So we never built the cred we needed to draw the average nyc bball fan.

That said, I hope that Saturday is a big crowd.  The school should tap into the marketing budget to run some extra ads on WFAN and tv promoting tickets for the game this week. 

this is what I meant in my previous posts. PR department needs to step up. This is an exciting time, run with it

« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:47 PM »
I'll be there with about 5-6 guys.  Like I said, I would be shocked if we didn't have a good crowd.  Win the game and we are likely in the tournament IMO.

« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »
I'll be there with about 5-6 guys.  Like I said, I would be shocked if we didn't have a good crowd.  Win the game and we are likely in the tournament IMO.

Win and we can relax drinking a beer, waiting to see where we land, not if we land

« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
Also, goes without saying that it would be a wonderful, wonderful thing if we could get Harrison and CO healthy over the next 4 plus days.