Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies

hnk

Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #220 on: December 27, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
I guess i think if he were really a good student he would have taken them already, but i obviously don't know.

hnk

« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »
Curtis Johnson???
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:57:23 AM by hnk »

paultzman

« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »
At least he made two clutch free throws;

@Section4Scores: Christ the King, Long Island Lutheran to play for STOP-DWI Holiday Classic title http://t.co/bXL3rAKajf

Poison

« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2013, 01:08:08 PM »
     ?
  +1

Wasn't he a power forward
Johnson was  6'9", he played center for three years and PF his senior year when McKoy played center. He is the third leading rebounder in SJU history.  He's a big man by any definition.
Playing center does not make you a center particularly at SJU. Over the last 50 year we may of had 6 centers and another half dozen pretenders.  Is that 6'9" on the SJU tape measure which is usually off by about two inches,

What's your point?  Foad asked when was the last time we developed a big man, Johnson was a big man for us.

Ty Grant is the last time IMO.

paultzman

paultzman

« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »
@ASlater247: Adonis DeLaRosa, @247Sports composite #26 C, said St.John's, Pitt, Purdue, Hofstra & Seton Hall are hardest after him http://t.co/rH1JtaRni5

« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2014, 03:42:38 AM »
@ASlater247: Adonis DeLaRosa, @247Sports composite #26 C, said St.John's, Pitt, Purdue, Hofstra & Seton Hall are hardest after him http://t.co/rH1JtaRni5
Go get him Norm! I mean Steve!

« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2014, 09:16:56 AM »
why wouldn't u take SAT'ss....you can take them until u qualify.....so w him there is a real risk he won't qualify.....supposedly he is a good student....but

If he is supposedly a good student what makes you say there is a real risk he won't qualify?  I don't know why he hasn't taken them yet but don't they offer them at 1 or 2 times a month or something.  Plenty of time between now and late signing period.  The only issue with no taking the SAT is he can't take official visits.  To worry about qualifying at this stage is premature but thats the life of a SJU fan in recent years.  Sweating about qualifying.
I think March is the next one, and then May and June at the start of each month.

paultzman

« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »
@Hoyas247: Per a source, #Hoyas have upped their recruitment of '14 C Adonis Delarosa http://t.co/v3CInCgaSa via @247Sports

goredmen

« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2014, 12:53:19 AM »
@Hoyas247: Per a source, #Hoyas have upped their recruitment of '14 C Adonis Delarosa http://t.co/v3CInCgaSa via @247Sports

Not surprising considering they have a similar body in Josh Smith

paultzman

« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2014, 04:08:15 PM »
Should fit in nicely here  :)

@CNG_Staszewski: CK-St. Rays. No Adonis Delarosa for CK. He was late to school. Andre Walker back in the line up for the Royals. #chsaa

« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »

@CNG_Staszewski: CK-St. Rays. No Adonis Delarosa for CK. He was late to school. Andre Walker back in the line up for the Royals. #chsaa

Thanks Paultzman, I needed a good laugh.

Moose

« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2014, 05:43:50 PM »

Andre Walker is damn good.  Whoever gets him is getting an explosive heady NYC tough PG.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #233 on: January 10, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »
@Dylan_Butler: Delarosa dominating in the paint. He's got 17 and CK now has a 62-39 lead over Molloy with 1:41 left 3Q #msgv_live

I watched first three quarters. Adonis played well against a small Molloy team. He showed nice touch, hit most of his FTs  and passed deftly. He looks like he is getting in better shape, but is a plodding player for sure. He rebounded ok, but has a ways to go there. As some have said, to assume Gift't role is fine. Hopefully he will work hard and develop to be an decent player over time.

paultzman

« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
There were Division I guards and athletic wings on both teams. But on Friday night, it was evident there was one big thing that separated Christ the King from host Archbishop Molloy.

His name is Adonis Delarosa.

The 6-foot-10, 270-pound dominated in the paint and helped lead the Royals to an 83-76 victory over the Stanners in a CHSAA Class AA content at a packed Jack Curran Gymnasium.

“I knew I was the biggest guy on the floor,” Delarosa said. “I said this is my bread and butter. This is where I’m going to take my advantage and I imposed my will tonight. I figured if I go right under the basket, these guys couldn’t stop me.”

Delarosa scored 12 of his team-high 18 points in the third quarter, turning a 13-point halftime lead into a 64-39 bulge in the third quarter for Christ the King (9-1), ranked No. 3 in New York City and No. 4 in the Tri-State by MSG Varsity.

“I think he did everything great for us,” Christ the King coach Joe Arbitello said. “Forget the offensive stats, he set screens and took charges and if he continues to play that way we’re going to be very good.”

Delarosa, who also grabbed 10 rebounds and dished out four assists, came to Briarwood highly motivated after a loss here last year.

“I came in here with that on my back and said listen I’m not leaving this building without a win,” Delarosa said. “As soon as I saw Molloy on the schedule, I said they’re done.”

Delarosa, who has lost about 100 pounds since his freshman year, played within himself and scored almost all of his points on putbacks in the paint.

“Nobody in the CHSAA I feel can guard me at this point,” Delarosa said. “Anybody that has to match up with us is going to have a problem.”

- See more at: http://www.msgvarsity.com/brooklyn-bronx/delarosa-comes-up-big-for-christ-the-king-at-molloy-1.1556263#sthash.OOMKjufM.4U1qSlyW.dpuf

Guess staff got caught in traffic.

ras

« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »
One of our missing pieces is a real post presence. Hopefully we could close the deal. Of course the better he plays the more interest he is going to get from other programs.

« Reply #236 on: January 13, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »
One of our missing pieces is a real post presence. Hopefully we could close the deal. Of course the better he plays the more interest he is going to get from other programs.
Many teams are now set with big men.  I think we'll be front runners the whole way. 

paultzman

« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2014, 06:23:29 PM »

Andre Walker is damn good.  Whoever gets him is getting an explosive heady NYC tough PG.

After watching him on line Friday, I agree he has talent. Not sure what level, but New Heights coach is pushing him;

@ChrisAlesi: 3 under the radar unsigned senior PGs in @CHSAA_NYC Andre Walker -CTK Glenn Sanabria -St Peters and Jemal Smith -Cardinal Hayes

« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »

After watching him on line Friday, I agree he has talent. Not sure what level, but New Heights coach is pushing him;

@ChrisAlesi: 3 under the radar unsigned senior PGs in @CHSAA_NYC Andre Walker -CTK Glenn Sanabria -St Peters and Jemal Smith -Cardinal Hayes
Paultz how would you compare him to Teague on the Hall

Moose

« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »

A team like Fordham should live off a kid like this.
Remember who broke the Slice news