Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies

paultzman

Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »
Should fit in nicely here  :)

@CNG_Staszewski: CK-St. Rays. No Adonis Delarosa for CK. He was late to school. Andre Walker back in the line up for the Royals. #chsaa

Andre Walker is damn good.  Whoever gets him is getting an explosive heady NYC tough PG.

After watching him on line Friday, I agree he has talent. Not sure what level, but New Heights coach is pushing him;

@ChrisAlesi: 3 under the radar unsigned senior PGs in @CHSAA_NYC Andre Walker -CTK Glenn Sanabria -St Peters and Jemal Smith -Cardinal Hayes
Paultz how would you compare him to Teague on the Hall

Never saw Teague in HS. Teague seems quicker and more nimble now, but not sure when he got there. AD seems to have decent understanding of game, passes fine, has decent shooting touch, but he has no lift & plays flat footed. I guess if he worked hard & lost more weight, he could be  as productive as Teague. Guys on board warn about him being lazy and unwilling  to bust his tail to get better. I respect that opinion, but, considering we have no one else committed to take Gift's place, he should be able to fill that role.  (Moose has previously noted that).  Perhaps if he improves work ethic, he could be a serviceable player.

« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2014, 07:07:19 PM »

@CNG_Staszewski: CK-St. Rays. No Adonis Delarosa for CK. He was late to school. Andre Walker back in the line up for the Royals. #chsaa

Andre Walker is damn good.  Whoever gets him is getting an explosive heady NYC tough PG.

After watching him on line Friday, I agree he has talent. Not sure what level, but New Heights coach is pushing him;

@ChrisAlesi: 3 under the radar unsigned senior PGs in @CHSAA_NYC Andre Walker -CTK Glenn Sanabria -St Peters and Jemal Smith -Cardinal Hayes

Never saw Teague in HS. Teague seems quicker and more nimble now, but not sure when he got there. AD seems to have decent understanding of game, passes fine, has decent shooting touch, but he has no lift & plays flat footed. I guess if he worked hard & lost more weight, he could be  as productive as Teague. Guys on board warn about him being lazy and unwilling  to bust his tail to get better. I respect that opinion, but, considering we have no one else committed to take Gift's place, he should be able to fill that role.  (Moose has previously noted that).  Perhaps if he improves work ethic, he could be a serviceable player.

Question on Gift and Sanchez schollies, do they technically "open" when the season ends, or when the school year does? Main reason I'm asking is pertaining to spring transfers. Can we take them?

Moose

« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »

Question on Gift and Sanchez schollies, do they technically "open" when the season ends, or when the school year does? Main reason I'm asking is pertaining to spring transfers. Can we take them?

I think your referring to players who transfer after the year.  Say end of April or something when graduation is May.  Yes you can take a transfer because the other player isn't coming in this semester.  He will come in during the summer/fall. 
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »
Has anyone seen the big man from LuHi who transfered in from Kevin Boyle's team? I was initially interested in De la Rosa, but I'm not sure what this team needs is a big slug.

lihoop

« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2014, 10:50:51 PM »

Has anyone seen the big man from LuHi who transfered in from Kevin Boyle's team? I was initially interested in De la Rosa, but I'm not sure what this team needs is a big slug.

Robyn Missa - haven't seen him, but per youtube might be a good role player.  6' 9, German kid, looks solid physically.

Chilleb

« Reply #245 on: January 14, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »
He's a d2 player

Moose

« Reply #246 on: January 14, 2014, 11:10:55 AM »

derk

« Reply #247 on: January 14, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »

If he could turn out to be like Teague I'd take him in a minute. OTOH if he's more like our former 7'3" center ( forgot name ) I'd pass.

Moose

« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »
Lets remember with the Teague comparisons that his first 2 years were spent at Southern Illinios where he averaged 6 points and  5 boards in 17 minutes a game as a freshman and 9 and 5 in 21 as a soph. 

LJSA

« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »
He's a d2 player

That's too bad. On paper, I liked the sound of both him and Prochet, and of course those two could maybe have been a pipeline to the big prize if he liked playing with both of them.

derk

« Reply #250 on: January 15, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
Lets remember with the Teague comparisons that his first 2 years were spent at Southern Illinios where he averaged 6 points and  5 boards in 17 minutes a game as a freshman and 9 and 5 in 21 as a soph. 

That's ok. I don't expect much his first 2 years as long as he progresses. We do need size and bulk. Tired of watching our guys get outrebounded by bigger less talented players. Yes, I'm aware there are other skills involved in rebounding that we don't employ. We need a space eater albeit one that doesn't have super skills. If Gift were a legit 6'10", 270 that would be nice.

« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »
With the way our coaching staff has developed our current players do we really want a project here.

goredmen

« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2014, 02:59:09 PM »
CTK is playing on the CBS Sports Network tonight against Montverde. Not sure what time the game is though

Moose

« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2014, 04:40:48 PM »
CTK is playing on the CBS Sports Network tonight against Montverde. Not sure what time the game is though

Thanks
I look forward to watching a game with players we will probably never get :)

LJSA

« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »
I'd like to see a double double out of him so I can go back to the idea of wanting him here.

paultzman

« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »
"For a large portion of their game with hometown favorites Springfield (Mo.) Kickapoo, favored Middle Village (N.Y.) Christ the King was in big trouble. Kickapoo kept making timely threes and had healthy support from the hometown crowd. On top of that, CTK's star player Rawle Alkins the No. 19 player in the class of 2016 was having a tough night shooting the ball.

However, as Kickapoo's zone packed even tighter into the lane daring the CTK guards to shoot, the biggest player on the floor came up huge for the Royals as 6-foot-10, 300 pound senior center Adonis DeLaRosa bludgeoned the interior of Kickapoo's zone for a game-high 17 points in CTK's 49-46 win.

An enormous individual, DeLaRosa looks much improved since Rivals.com last saw him in the summer. He is moving better and is much more assertive on the block. He was demonstrative in calling for the ball and then showed off nice hands and very soft touch around the rim once he got the ball. Moving forward, college programs will want to shave some weight off of him and he'll need to be more of a rim protector, but the three-star prospect can play the game at a pretty high level. His coach, Joe Arbitello, mentioned St. John's, Fordham, Florida State and Rutgers among his offers. - See more at: http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1598795#sthash.W7zF8XlH.3YnN1rVl.dpuf

SJUFAN

« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2014, 11:56:44 PM »
His coach, Joe Arbitello, mentioned St. John's, Fordham, Florida State and Rutgers among his offers.

You mean no offers from Georgetown, Kansas, UConn, etc, etc? Like I said, there is a difference between interest and offer. These programs hadn't offered him regardless of what some web site stated. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:57:22 PM by SJUFAN »

Marillac

« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2014, 12:13:27 AM »
I wonder why Xavier isn't on this kid after the success they've had with the fat kid from Teen Wolf.  That kid is the most coordinated big man I've seen in years.  I bet he's the kind of fat guy that can really dance well and get everybody laughing.

They could redshirt him for a year like they do to 2/3's of their roster.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:15:11 AM by Marillac »

kob24

« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »
He's a d2 player
He Is going d1 probably mid major. Texas tech is strong on him