Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies
Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #400 on: March 08, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
Does he wear glasses? LOL  :)

paultzman

« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »
@ctkcoachjarbs: Jim Larrañaga just offered Adonis Delarosa. He now holds offers from St. John's Fordham Hofstra South Carolina and Miami. Congrats

LJSA

« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »

I see two legit targets in Delarosa and Henderson.  Lav actually said 3-4 which scares me a bit.

Do you have a particular one or two guys that are scaring you? Or just scared in general?

paultzman

« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2014, 11:04:26 AM »

I see two legit targets in Delarosa and Henderson.  Lav actually said 3-4 which scares me a bit.

Do you have a particular one or two guys that are scaring you? Or just scared in general?

I always fear losing Jordan, with family needs.  Branch, with his 12 minutes a game too often, comes to mind as well. That said, this would be JB's second transfer & he only has year left. Know you directed this to Moose, but thought I'd chime in.

Hopefully nobody moves on.

paultzman

« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2014, 11:49:54 AM »
@msg_varsity: #MSGV_Live Today at 3pm, watch the @CHSAA_NYC 'AA' boys hoops final LIVE. @ctk_basketball vs. @BLoughlinMHS. Preview: http://t.co/B3PjQXbGb3

Moose

« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2014, 12:28:47 PM »

Obviously some are more important than others.  The soon to be seniors aren't going anywhere.  Or the redshirts.  I just don't like the turnover.  Turnover is expected but we have been experiencing too much IMO and APR looms.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2014, 02:27:20 PM »

Obviously some are more important than others.  The soon to be seniors aren't going anywhere.  Or the redshirts.  I just don't like the turnover.  Turnover is expected but we have been experiencing too much IMO and APR looms.

Agree.  Only one we could lose is Rysheed, but I think he could really use one more year.  He'd enter NBA as a first rounder next year.  Draft isn't as strong as this year and Rysheed will be a year better and stronger.

« Reply #408 on: March 09, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
thanks for link harkless

goredmen

« Reply #409 on: March 09, 2014, 03:38:00 PM »
Had a quiet 1st half. Picked up 2 fouls in the 1st qtr, played most of the 2nd with those 2 fouls but wasnt involved much. A bit too much of an up and down game for him.

Watching Loughlin and it upsets me that we didnt really put in an effort for Mike Williams. Hes going to be a great 4 year player for Rutgers

« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2014, 03:40:23 PM »
Bad first half for Adonis missing a couple of easy ones but has a few rebounds, CK leads at half though .

desco80

« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2014, 04:32:33 PM »
We would basically have to abandon  a zone when Delarosa comes into the game.   Him rotating to cover someone could take 5mins.   

paultzman

« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2014, 04:39:33 PM »
15 boards in win. Game was a little quick for him on offensive end.

« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2014, 04:39:43 PM »
He finished with 10 and 15, grabbed huge boards down the stretch. CK wins the city chip again! Yay! (Class of '07)

goredmen

« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »
Finished with 15 rebs. Had a couple big rebounds and a big putback late, but not his best game because Alkins and Atson took over.

If he does commit here people are going to have to be patient with him. He won't be a force in his freshman year like many of Lav's other guys but he will have a nice career if he puts the work in

paultzman

« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2014, 06:07:15 PM »
@AdamZagoria: 6-11 Adonis Delarosa Says He’s Wide Open: Lists Miami, Georgetown, Purdue, St. John's, South Carolina among others http://t.co/5IAT12ukdM

MCNPA

« Reply #416 on: March 09, 2014, 08:16:26 PM »
He will get a ton more mobile with hard work and conditioning.  Like I said, remember Roy Hibbert his freshman season.  He was glued to the floor and ran the court like Delarosa.  He lost a ton of weight and got in tons better shape and became a very good player.

An article on Hibbert which has some common issues as Delarosa has..

http://grantland.com/features/how-indiana-pacers-all-star-center-roy-hibbert-avoided-becoming-stiff/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:21:46 PM by MCNPA »

Johnny23

« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »
Having watched Delarosa play several times this he's only going to get in better shape on a college program and he's got a nice skillset down low. His rebounding alone is much needed for this team and add his scoring and he'd be a nice pickup. The Johnnies need one or two big 6'10, 6'11 guys.

MCNPA

« Reply #418 on: March 09, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »
Having watched Delarosa play several times this he's only going to get in better shape on a college program and he's got a nice skillset down low. His rebounding alone is much needed for this team and add his scoring and he'd be a nice pickup. The Johnnies need one or two big 6'10, 6'11 guys.

Teams with bigs are backing Obekpa down.  Won't be able to do that with Adonis.  Like I said, I really hope he buys in if we do land him.  He has a ton of work yet to do.  I saw an article which lists him at 267.  No way is he 267.  He's still near 300 with his frame. 

RedVet

« Reply #419 on: March 10, 2014, 12:32:37 PM »

Teams with bigs are backing Obekpa down.  Won't be able to do that with Adonis.  Like I said, I really hope he buys in if we do land him.  He has a ton of work yet to do.  I saw an article which lists him at 267.  No way is he 267.  He's still near 300 with his frame. 

Agree completely. The lack of bulk at the center spot has been an Achilles heel for us all season. Adding Delarosa, even if he plays sparingly at first, would certainly help change that, especially with Gift gone.