QuanMan

Re: Obekpa
« Reply #280 on: April 12, 2014, 11:55:07 PM »
Hope this has legs.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #281 on: April 13, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »
just saw on twitter that @yelbeez said this to CO "I knew you'd come around. #sjubb welcome back.  RT @obekpa12:  Sometimes you need to be alone, in order to find out.... what you really want." 

This isn't anything confirmed but it was in response to a tweet CO tweeted ~8:30 PM ET.  We'll see what happens...if he's back i'm happy to have him and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that his attitude doesn't get in the way of him building his skill set and character in prep for a more lucrative and productive basketball career.  Not the normal off season for SJUBB...

Maybe some of us were a little too quick to hit the panic button.
I wouldn't blame us as it was CO and the school that announced his decision and plans to transfer.

« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »
Maybe some time with Lucas this summer. It seemed to do DeAngelo some good. That is if he is coming back.
The Big East needs a strong SJU program!

hnk

« Reply #283 on: April 13, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »
Is there a deadline  by when transfers have to chose their new school or is it just whatever day the new semester begins?

QuanMan

« Reply #284 on: April 13, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »
Jay ‏@JayOn_1  4m
So the big fella really is seriously thinking about coming back. I would have never believed that. I think its a done deal from what Im told
Section 3
Section 116

MCNPA

« Reply #285 on: April 13, 2014, 02:40:35 PM »
Jay ‏@JayOn_1  4m
So the big fella really is seriously thinking about coming back. I would have never believed that. I think its a done deal from what Im told

It would do a lot for our program next year.  That would mean we only need replace Jakarr and Sanchez basically.  Hope so...

Poison

« Reply #286 on: April 13, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
For a St.John's fan, there is no time like the summer. That's where all the excitement is.

desco80

« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
Jay ‏@JayOn_1  4m

Done deal that he's back?
Hmm

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
For a St.John's fan, there is no time like the summer. That's where all the excitement is.

Not sure if it's a good thing or not. If he does comeback that is a nice rebound for Lavin after almost a disastrous starts to the Summer.
Cougar O' Malley

MCNPA

« Reply #289 on: April 13, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
It would be huge to keep him.  He's a special shot blocker and started getting better on D.  In addition, it would give us two centers with he and Delarosa.  He needs some attitude work it sounds like, but getting him back would blunt some of our losses and put us back on track a bit.

Poison

« Reply #290 on: April 13, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »

Not sure if it's a good thing or not. If he does comeback that is a nice rebound for Lavin after almost a disastrous starts to the Summer.

It's a good thing. He's not Ewing, but he'll be a junior next year, and he did show signs of breaking out last season. He's athletic. Now, he has to work on the lunch pail and fundamentals part of his game. He does that, THEN he's a pro.

He takes a year off after transferring, he'll sit a year, and any momentum and progress he made last season will be forgotten, because he'll be adjusting to a new system w out a chance to know of he's really learned it until 2015-2016.

Going pro would be incredibly dumb. Not as dumb as Jakarr, but incredibly dumb,

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #291 on: April 13, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »

It's a good thing. He's not Ewing, but he'll be a junior next year, and he did show signs of breaking out last season. He's athletic. Now, he has to work on the lunch pail and fundamentals part of his game. He does that, THEN he's a pro.

He takes a year off after transferring, he'll sit a year, and any momentum and progress he made last season will be forgotten, because he'll be adjusting to a new system w out a chance to know of he's really learned it until 2015-2016.

Going pro would be incredibly dumb. Not as dumb as Jakarr, but incredibly dumb,

Sorry I meant I am not sure the Summer being an exciting time for SJU is a good thing or not. Having a summer without dram a would be nice.

Having CO back is defiantly a plus...If it is true.
Cougar O' Malley

ras

« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »
I would  love to have him back if he works on his attitude. His offensive game was improving last year as well as his rebounding.

« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
Maybe he learned the old saying...the grass is not always greener on the other side.

« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2014, 04:04:59 PM »
Hmm wonder what's changed he and Phil's mind?

« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2014, 04:18:28 PM »
You still hinting at a coaching change Baldi?  Lavin is out recruiting so that cuts against it?

« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
So if Obekpa comes back, We return everyone besides Sanchez and Sampson. Not too bad. No reason to think we can't have a nice season next year.

Tiznow

« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »
If CO stays sju retains players better than most other programs.  With over 400 transfers last year it is unusual to have none.

« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »
whats odd is the big man class for next years draft is loaded. But we all know he wasnt ready mostly maturity and attitude wise. His physical gifts will get him drafted if he works on some post moves.

« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2014, 05:37:50 PM »
This beats any soap opera.

Should we tweet the fans who transferred out of here imploring them to return?

What's Marco Baldi's opinion on all this?

Where is Moose - the voice of reason?

Do we get a full length satire from Fun out of this?