David Cain

• 8 replies
David Cain
« on: February 14, 2015, 03:02:35 PM »
Never thought I would see a guy come out of nowhere like Cain did for the 1st Mahoney team. I am seeing it now. In fairness Dom was not as bad as Cain was a  Frosh thru Junior but right now he is playing like Ron Artest did as a Soph. Who saw that coming?

Re: David Cain
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:16 PM »
Never thought I would see a guy come out of nowhere like Cain did for the 1st Mahoney team. I am seeing it now. In fairness Dom was not as bad as Cain was a  Frosh thru Junior but right now he is playing like Ron Artest did as a Soph. Who saw that coming?
Didn't think Dom would harness the error prone aggressiveness into much better judgement. Everything has clicked for him. And the one thing that cannot be taught - his motor - is working to his advantage and helping this team win.

I am happy for him and the seniors. I hope they can get it done these next 6 games.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »
Didn't think Dom would harness the error prone aggressiveness into much better judgement. Everything has clicked for him. And the one thing that cannot be taught - his motor - is working to his advantage and helping this team win.

I am happy for him and the seniors. I hope they can get it done these next 6 games.

His handle is better, his mid-range shot is better, his drives are better, his blocks are better, his D is better, his free throws are better. Nice work SDP

jr49

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 03:47:25 PM »
Dom got set back the 2 years Sampson was on the team. Now Sampson is out of the way. Harkless a 3 who benefited playing the 4. Neither guy much of a shooter, but both got to show there skills at the rim. I know Hark more polished, but Dom has plenty to work with. 

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 04:02:13 PM »
He's playing himself into contention for BE player of the year
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »
He's playing himself into contention for BE player of the year
yes - I can easily see a top 10 finish

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »
Dom got set back the 2 years Sampson was on the team. Now Sampson is out of the way. Harkless a 3 who benefited playing the 4. Neither guy much of a shooter, but both got to show there skills at the rim. I know Hark more polished, but Dom has plenty to work with.

Knowing what we know now, Dom should have played the 4 last season and Sampson the 3. But if anyone said that last year, I would call him crazy.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 07:44:54 PM »
Staff should have found a way to maximize their strengths.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 10:01:18 AM »
There has never been a question regarding Dom's athleticism. What we have seen develop over the last few seasons has been an unstoppable tenacity, offensive game has been polished, and he's become more aggressive in general.

I still shake my head time to time when he does a silly take to the basket or tries a circus shot, lay up. But he has become a really impressive player. I just hope he continues to improve