Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies
Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #580 on: January 29, 2016, 06:35:40 PM »
Also went on a tirade about how crazy the Heron situation played...
 Thanks
Would it be possible to elaborate on what that could possibly mean?  Does it have anything to do with SEC boosters?

« Reply #581 on: January 29, 2016, 06:43:57 PM »
I just feel he fell love with Arizona and he will wind up there

I always think how different things would been if Fran wasn't so nutty

I think he was the best recruiter we ever had

« Reply #582 on: January 29, 2016, 07:18:47 PM »
I just feel he fell love with Arizona and he will wind up there

I always think how different things would been if Fran wasn't so nutty

I think he was the best recruiter we ever had
Hope you're wrong about Zona, Schleppy!

boo3

« Reply #583 on: January 29, 2016, 08:51:55 PM »
Also went on a tirade about how crazy the Heron situation played...
 Thanks
Would it be possible to elaborate on what that could possibly mean?  Does it have anything to do with SEC boosters?

Of course it did... You were on top of this from the start Willie G... Nice work.  ;)

SJU79

« Reply #584 on: January 29, 2016, 10:02:29 PM »
Im not a fan of throwing around accusations of illegal recruiting accusations nor am I naive  enough to believe they don't exist.  I would never throw anything  like that out there if I knew it to be true so no that was not my implication ..What I should have said is the Rens people were VERY involved in his recruitment as well as providing support academically and guidance and NOBODY there had  EVER heard Auburn.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:07:12 AM by SJU79 »

Moose

« Reply #585 on: January 29, 2016, 10:14:49 PM »
Im not a fan of throwing around accusations of illegal recruiting accusations nor am I naive  enough to believe they don't exist.  I would never throw anything  like that out there if I knew it to be true..What I should have said is the Rens people were VERY involved in his recruitment as well as providing support academically and guidance and NOBODY there had  EVER heard Auburn.

Dave mentioned the word loyalty recently when talking about Heron. Or lack thereof.
Remember who broke the Slice news

goredmen

« Reply #586 on: January 29, 2016, 11:10:29 PM »
Im not a fan of throwing around accusations of illegal recruiting accusations nor am I naive  enough to believe they don't exist.  I would never throw anything  like that out there if I knew it to be true..What I should have said is the Rens people were VERY involved in his recruitment as well as providing support academically and guidance and NOBODY there had  EVER heard Auburn.

Well it is Bruce Pearl after all. He's already been busted once by the NCAA and he was good enough on ESPN where he will always have that to fall back on should the NCAA drop the hammer on him again

« Reply #587 on: January 30, 2016, 09:01:00 AM »
Didn't know Abdul Dial was Rawle's cousin.  Wonder how that factors in at all.

So much to take place on the official visit, but I hope that aside from the usual pitches Mullin can really make a personal connection about growing up in Brooklyn and Akins being on same path to stardom and being a loved hometown legend.

Hmmm.  Fancy dinner at Rao's or does perhaps a roast beef sandwich at Brennan & Carr's ?

Even if a longshot.. this official visit is important.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:03:16 AM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #588 on: January 30, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »
Jason JordanVerified account
‏@JayJayUSATODAY
.@Iam_RawleAlkins dropped 38 points, 12 rebounds and 8 assists tonight in a homecoming win at Word of God. ✈️ St. John's official today.

Marillac

« Reply #590 on: January 30, 2016, 03:40:05 PM »
Arizona and Louisville will scare me if they came hard at him.  The good news is that Alkins didn't play well when Pitino saw him the other day and Arizona doesn't wait on anybody to fill up their roster. 
I am not worried about UNC or NC State.

« Reply #591 on: January 30, 2016, 03:58:57 PM »
Arizona and Louisville will scare me if they came hard at him.  The good news is that Alkins didn't play well when Pitino saw him the other day and Arizona doesn't wait on anybody to fill up their roster. 

I'm sure Pitino was fooled by a rare off game by a top 20 player and was scared off.  ::)

« Reply #592 on: January 30, 2016, 07:15:36 PM »
can they take him to the knick game so he can go into Golden State locker room and talk to curry and company

« Reply #593 on: January 30, 2016, 07:44:02 PM »
can they take him to the knick game so he can go into Golden State locker room and talk to curry and company

I'm sure Mullins' Warriors connections will come in handy tomorrow.

Marillac

« Reply #594 on: January 30, 2016, 11:25:45 PM »

I'm sure Pitino was fooled by a rare off game by a top 20 player and was scared off.  ::)

I think you are taking what I wrote too far.  I didn't write that he was scared off...just that it was probably a good thing that Rawle was VERY off and human on that given day.  Rawle doesn't seem like the kid of guard Pitino goes after very hard and I'll accept any factor that doesn't entice Pitino to make an exception.

desco80

« Reply #595 on: January 31, 2016, 03:41:35 PM »
Speaking with a  Rens board member  Rawlie loved Arizona and he believes the Carolina schools are fading if not out all together.  What he see's on the court vs Nova mean nothing...its his conversations with coaches, interaction with team and how much he misses being home(which  is A LOT). He's best bet is kid really will come to SJU. Also went on a tirade about how crazy the Heron situation played...
As an aside what is the "crystal Ball"? Thanks

Rena guy saying SJU is his "best bet" right now?
I can live with that.   I still think Rawle is a longshot.  But that's encouraging to hear.

« Reply #596 on: January 31, 2016, 05:39:49 PM »
I think Rawle saw the good shots the wings were getting in the Nova game , but just not making.  They were getting layups out of the offense, but not finishing.  I think he saw what he could do for us.  He would fit into this offense.  If anyone saw the Nova game; what did you think?

« Reply #597 on: January 31, 2016, 06:03:10 PM »
I am only basing 0ff what I have seen this season. Including today. I have no idea how the future players perform but right now we need an alpha male. A Nba type player. All the best teams have them. If aikins is that kid and staff believes he will be, then I believe that's what we try to get.

« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2016, 06:14:19 PM »
I am only basing 0ff what I have seen this season. Including today. I have no idea how the future players perform but right now we need an alpha male. A Nba type player. All the best teams have them. If aikins is that kid and staff believes he will be, then I believe that's what we try to get.
My bet your on the same page as CM

« Reply #599 on: January 31, 2016, 06:58:23 PM »
If he wants to be the main man he would come to sju

if he just want to be one of the pieces then he will go to Arizona