Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies
Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #600 on: January 31, 2016, 07:13:51 PM »
Our Rawle chants were good

« Reply #601 on: January 31, 2016, 07:20:39 PM »
This is the first home game I miss this year  but both tv announcers said it was just matter of time before they turned it around

boo3

« Reply #602 on: February 01, 2016, 08:58:24 AM »
If he wants to be the main man he would come to sju

if he just want to be one of the pieces then he will go to Arizona

The ST John's sales pitch for last 20 years

Moose

« Reply #603 on: February 01, 2016, 09:04:40 AM »

And they come, hoist up tons of shots, don't fit the 'team' concept and leave.

Solid gameplan.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #604 on: February 01, 2016, 12:12:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/gittykl/status/694011731237036032

Looks like Chris Mullin did take him to the Warriors game after the Nova game. I hope he also sat with Melo and talked about coming back home
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #605 on: February 01, 2016, 12:49:35 PM »

« Reply #606 on: February 01, 2016, 01:58:04 PM »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

goredmen

« Reply #607 on: February 01, 2016, 02:59:27 PM »

Marillac

« Reply #608 on: February 01, 2016, 03:32:39 PM »

Solid gameplan.

I think that pitch bit Lavin in the ass...that combined with his pushover handling of the players and the inability to make up for some of that with good coaching was a recipe for disaster. This is just anecdotal, but I get the sense Mullin won't play any games and will never be reduced to babysitting or  dealing with divas. It will probably cost us a good player here and there to transfer but it should really set the right tone.

goredmen

« Reply #609 on: February 01, 2016, 04:44:37 PM »

Solid gameplan.

I think that pitch bit Lavin in the ass...that combined with his pushover handling of the players and the inability to make up for some of that with good coaching was a recipe for disaster. This is just anecdotal, but I get the sense Mullin won't play any games and will never be reduced to babysitting or  dealing with divas. It will probably cost us a good player here and there to transfer but it should really set the right tone.

I slightly disagree. I don't think Mullin will be reduced to babysitting divas either but I think he has a much better chance of getting players like that to buy in. I think players like that will respect Mullin and Richmond's criticisms because they've made it to the league and know what NBA teams are looking for in players. I think that goes a long way when it comes to an elite recruit buying in to the team concept. Now it may not have worked for a kid like Rysheed who was just unreachable but I think it would work for a kid like Alkins who seems very coachable for a player of his status

« Reply #610 on: February 01, 2016, 05:55:47 PM »
Matt and Slice will develop the long term relationships and Mullin will be the closer. With today's players you do have to show a lot of love.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #611 on: February 02, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »
Seemed like the visit went really well. Do people still think we have no shot at Rawle still?

derk

« Reply #612 on: February 02, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »

Solid gameplan.

Correct. But at that point hopefully we'd built the program back so that it's viability will not depend on any one player.

Wods317

« Reply #613 on: February 02, 2016, 02:02:01 PM »
Seemed like the visit went really well. Do people still think we have no shot at Rawle still?

I think everyone has been saying all along we are in the mix. Some people have in fact said we might be the favorite. I would imagine the visit went well but we won't know what he is thinking until he commits. There will be a lot of competition and who knows that he's thinking but we have a shot.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:02:57 PM by Wods317 »

paultzman

« Reply #614 on: February 02, 2016, 02:10:59 PM »
Hopefully he qualifies.

desco80

« Reply #615 on: February 02, 2016, 08:10:56 PM »
Hopefully he qualifies.

the kiss of death..

« Reply #616 on: February 02, 2016, 09:20:38 PM »
Hopefully he qualifies.

Real chance he doesn't.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #617 on: February 02, 2016, 09:40:09 PM »
Anyone of the mindset that we wouldn't take him if there is a real chance he doesn't qualify?  My view is that a high profile commit from a kid like Rawle helps us big time at this stage, and if we get him on campus as a partial, a la Lovett, it will be a really good thing.

TheVig

« Reply #618 on: February 02, 2016, 09:42:22 PM »
Anyone know the reason why? In order to take officials he needed to get a qualifying test score, right? 3 years at ctk and he may not qualify?

« Reply #619 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
Anyone of the mindset that we wouldn't take him if there is a real chance he doesn't qualify?  My view is that a high profile commit from a kid like Rawle helps us big time at this stage, and if we get him on campus as a partial, a la Lovett, it will be a really good thing.

I really doubt a "one and done" type player would want to sit around a year on a campus...though I guess Enes Kanter did a few years back