Jordan Improvement!!!!

• 43 replies

hnk

Re: Jordan Improvement!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 12:25:42 PM »
Agree completely...hopefully logic and common sense will prevail.

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 12:47:42 PM »
I'm just hoping Jordan shows up for the Villanova game

you tell 'em, baldi!!   ;D

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »
I heard T2 mention about Sheed coming back as well. Delighted. If he and Obekpa return it casts an entirely different light on next year.

hnk

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 11:22:33 AM »
I think if Chris stays our chances with Diallo skyrocket.

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 11:36:48 AM »
I think if Chris stays our chances with Diallo skyrocket.

Untrue

hnk

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 11:45:21 AM »
Based on what?  My info is essentially firsthand.

hnk

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 11:48:29 AM »
Paultzman, you are almost always right about stuff, unlike many others on this board, but I don't think you have this right.   

ras

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 12:29:39 PM »
Paultzman, you are almost always right about stuff, unlike many others on this board, but I don't think you have this right.   
Does your info have any insights on wether CO is leaning towards staying?

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »

Having solid PG is the most important factor.

hnk

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »
I agree about the PG, but we have a shot Sheed stays and in the hunt for others.  Reading beteween the lines i think it's fair to say a slight lean to CO staying but it's up in the air and unknowable at this point.

hnk

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 12:38:14 PM »
No one outside of Sheed's camp thinks he is ready to or should leave.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 12:41:44 PM »

I agree, based on what has been reported, that a pg is crucial to Diallo's recruitment.  At the same time, his game seems to project to a 4 in college and it would help tremendously if Obekpa is here to play the 5. 

paultzman

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 12:50:05 PM »

I agree, based on what has been reported, that a pg is crucial to Diallo's recruitment.  At the same time, his game seems to project to a 4 in college and it would help tremendously if Obekpa is here to play the 5. 
Would help him tremendously, but not the crucial factor in getting Diallo.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:51:20 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 04:55:37 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: NBA scout predicted Rysheed Jordan would be a second round pick if he comes out Hopes he stays in school could be 1st rounder next yr #sjubb

He's gonna leave if that's true

Moose

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 06:54:33 PM »

I can't help but wonder if Kris Dunn is what turned the light on for Sheed.

If you asked me last year who had a brighter future I would have said Sheed. Dunn was struggling. Injuries obviously a factor. But both players coming in at same time and Sheed was playing better even with all his flaws we knew of.

Now this year Dunn is POY in the BE in my opinion and maybe Sheed sees that he can return next year and do the same.

I actually trust him shooting a 3 more than Dee at this point. And watching the Marquette game for the first time I said to myself I really want him back next year. It looks like he has finally bought in and things are clicking.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2015, 07:17:28 PM »

If you asked me last year who had a brighter future I would have said Sheed. Dunn was struggling. Injuries obviously a factor. But both players coming in at same time and Sheed was playing better even with all his flaws we knew of.

Now this year Dunn is POY in the BE in my opinion and maybe Sheed sees that he can return next year and do the same.

I actually trust him shooting a 3 more than Dee at this point. And watching the Marquette game for the first time I said to myself I really want him back next year. It looks like he has finally bought in and things are clicking.

Totally agree. That is what is in your mind and my mind let's just hope it is what is in Sheed's mind.

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2015, 07:18:42 PM »
His shooting has improved a lot since he got here.  Has a great stroke. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2015, 07:41:29 PM »

Nice post Moose. Do you like Sheed's upside more than Daniel Murphy? :)

MCNPA

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2015, 09:01:33 PM »
I) Obekpa staying should only have a positive effect on Diallo.  Diallo has carte blance at the PF spot which is exactly what he should want at the college level.  Hed start from day one and not be shoved in as a center.

2) Rysheed has no business leaving after this season.  He needs one season to improve his handle and show he's not a head case.  He can garner post-season accolades with a full season the way he's playing now.  He won't be a high draft pick because he made his bed by acting up early and causing team strife.  It hurt his stock without s doubt.  He needs a tighter handle and to show he has matured and is a leader.

3) Obekpa isn't near draftable right now with little low post defense, and no offensive game.  He's not a center in the NBA, so he has a ton of work to do on offense, gaining weight and on low post d to show he can actually play in the NBA. 

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2015, 12:44:33 PM »

Its good to see you flip the page on rysheed moose. Credit to him and credit to you.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:51:45 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.