Sweet 16 or bust?

• 50 replies
Re: Sweet 16 or bust?
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 05:41:05 PM »
I would really like to see us make the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament.

I would be content with that, but the goal should be to win the championship. A goal of the NCAAs is weak IMO. If we want to compete with UK and Uconn, two powerhouses, we need to set our sights higher than that. I'm not saying I expect us to win it all, but you compete to win. Not to improve slightly.

Norm Roberts had a goal of the NCAAs.

Yeah Poison, good luck with that goal of winning it all.
Maybe that because realistic after this year. If we get IB, Diallo, and Sampson, then the goals becopme so much higher.

No. The odds of making a run with seniors is much higher than making a run with freshman. This isn't Kentucky.
This isn't Kentucky, damn now you tell me that come 2015 it will 60 years since I enrolled at SJU. Back then at least we could delude ourselves,

Poison

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »

I would be content with that, but the goal should be to win the championship. A goal of the NCAAs is weak IMO. If we want to compete with UK and Uconn, two powerhouses, we need to set our sights higher than that. I'm not saying I expect us to win it all, but you compete to win. Not to improve slightly.

Maybe that because realistic after this year. If we get IB, Diallo, and Sampson, then the goals becopme so much higher.

This year we have to make the dance, and win atleast 1 game, we did the one and done thing in Lavins first year. Have to atleast get one this year, Anything more would be betters

I'm not saying that I have any such expectation, but rather that the team should. Who sets out to be pretty good? What's the point? I'm sick of moral victories. This team has been here, and they've got one last chance to leave St.John's with their heads held high.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:30:42 AM by Poison »

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 01:27:08 AM »

No. The odds of making a run with seniors is much higher than making a run with freshman. This isn't Kentucky.

I meant if they stick around a few years, not their freshmen year. Though like many said IB will most likely be one and done, so never mind i guess.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 08:22:37 AM »

This year we have to make the dance, and win atleast 1 game, we did the one and done thing in Lavins first year. Have to atleast get one this year, Anything more would be betters

I'm not saying that I have any such expectation, but rather that the team should. Who sets out to be pretty good? What's the point? I'm sick of moral victories. This team has been here, and they've got one last chance to leave St.John's with their heads held high.

I'm with Poison on this...if you want to charge high major prices for tix...you have to walk the walk.

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2015, 05:01:47 PM »
Expectations

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2015, 07:53:01 PM »
Expectations

One game at a time...Eventually this will lead back to should Lavib stay or go thread.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2015, 08:00:06 PM »
Expectations

if you can keep your big mouth shut for 3 weeks, you will know everything you need to about both Lavin and this team.

hnk

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »
In theory, just two games away.

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »

Marillac

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2015, 06:07:58 PM »
Expectations

Marillac always comes out of these rehashings smelling like roses for the all the shit he takes.

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2015, 09:44:44 PM »
Expectations

Marillac always comes out of these rehashings smelling like roses for the all the shit he takes.

More like Marillac always comes out of these rehashings smelling like shit for all the bouquets of roses he gives himself!   :) :) :) :) :)