Would you take Obekpa back? Doesn't matter He is Back!

• 110 replies
Re: Would you take Obekpa back? Doesn't matter He is Back!
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2015, 09:18:31 AM »
"Sometimes you have to take the leap of faith first, the trust part comes later. #SJUBB #REBIRTH"

First, what the heck does this mean?
Second, how does one figure this mean he is back?  Did I miss a quote or some other wording?
Third, I thought it was up to Coach Mullin to allow Chris O. back.
Fourth, trust who?  I think Coach Mullin has to trust Chris O.  before any leap of faith.

We need to see something from Coach before we starting jumping up and down that Chris O. is back, or rather has been accepted back.

Possibly referring Chris M having to take the leap of faith (not him)

desco80

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »
Let's be real.   He's referring to taking a leap of faith with a coach he doesn't know.

He doesn't perceive himself as the risk, he thinks Mullin is lol.      That's what you get with young pampered athletes

cjfish

Re: Would you take Obekpa back?
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2015, 10:11:56 AM »
Smoke all the weed you want after the season with my blessing, it is harmless.   

Doesn't it lead to the harder stuff?

Have seen it, mediocre comedy

I hope you are kidding, that belief is ridiculous and has been for 30 years

Have you seen the excellent documentary "Reefer Madness"?  It will teach you all you need to know.

cjfish

Re: Obekpa is back!
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2015, 10:15:45 AM »
 ;)
he was seen eating white castle at 1am last night. I'm concerned :)

Carvel at 2;30 with a larger grin then usual ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:16:47 AM by cjfish »

hnk

« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2015, 10:20:48 AM »
Good....he needs the weight/muscle.   I think he's back or will be and could help with getting Diallo.

sju89tr

« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2015, 10:23:23 AM »
Let's be real.   He's referring to taking a leap of faith with a coach he doesn't know.

He doesn't perceive himself as the risk, he thinks Mullin is lol.      That's what you get with young pampered athletes

That was my interpretation as well. CO isn't alone in having that opinion these days, so I agree with you.   

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »
His post is a quote from a superman movie, so not sure what it means exactly in this context, but I don't think is has as much depth or nuance as some are ascribing to it.

redslope

« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »

That was my interpretation as well. CO isn't alone in having that opinion these days, so I agree with you.   
This happens with every Kid who "looses" the coach who recruited him.  The player built a rapport with the coach who recruited him and developed a relationship as he played for the individual.  The coach leaves and someone comes in who the player does not know.  Anxiety develops because the player, at 20, has to deal with someone they know nothing about--what style will the new coach play?  Will I fit in?  Think about yourselves when you get a new boss who comes from outside of your company--you go through the same anxiety as you don't know if you will fit in; you wonder if the new boss will bring in folks he is familiar with and promote them over you; etc.

jsk

« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2015, 01:39:21 PM »
Valid points Redslope. I agree with your comments.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2015, 02:13:15 PM »

This happens with every Kid who "looses" the coach who recruited him.  The player built a rapport with the coach who recruited him and developed a relationship as he played for the individual.  The coach leaves and someone comes in who the player does not know.  Anxiety develops because the player, at 20, has to deal with someone they know nothing about--what style will the new coach play?  Will I fit in?  Think about yourselves when you get a new boss who comes from outside of your company--you go through the same anxiety as you don't know if you will fit in; you wonder if the new boss will bring in folks he is familiar with and promote them over you; etc.

What ever he may feel justified or not he should be talkibg privately To friends and fanily that you have doubts or that you feel you are taking a leap of faith with your new boss. Saying it publicly, especially after you did a boneheaded thing that screwed your teammates, embarrased your employer, and ruined the chance to have your company succeed is quite another. It also doesn't hell that as a worker, you have not been a model citizen, and the only reason why you have stayed at your current job is because there is no solid place to go at this point.

...To be fair this is definitely a generational thing and that the millennium  generations today do not see social media as a public forum, but has personnel place where you can share your thoughts. I do think it was more of personnel thoughts then a knock against Coach Mullin.

I am glad that he is back and I have full faith he will do his part for the team.
Cougar O' Malley

hnk

« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2015, 02:41:54 PM »
I think it was a message for Diallo.