St. John's hires Anton Goff as AD

• 58 replies
Re: St. John's hires Anton Goff as AD
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »
I know it's small but I agree w/ Quanman relative to lack of brand identity with the mix of logo/color schemes/font

Sure Red/White are the mainstays, but then the blue/black/grey just get all over the place.  I look on redstormsports.com and see the other team uniforms and others are still seem to only use black, others the blue etc.  Probably a cost factor. 

Still, the lack of consistency is minor league. 

As to the font... Not sure where that stands..  Seems block letters are for all, but the old school font is only used for basketball (when they choose to use it).  I love the old style font and would like to see that more regularly. 

What I can say about the block letter STJ logo, is that living in N. Carolina, when I wear a shirt or have magnet on back of car with the 3 letter logo, no one here recognizes it, and even ever looking at it, they think it says SU and still don't know the school...

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:08:15 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2016, 07:29:37 PM »
Maybe the name can be changed back to Redmen in January

We both know that will never happen

Fla St has a huge Indian head on the Court

The PC Police definitely won't let any institution that currently doesn't have a perceived offensive name to add one. And based on what I heard about what was happening on campus last Tuesday night and Wednesday, the school won't be moving away from PC anytime soon either

Do tell

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »
We weren't one of the schools with coloring books, crayons, and therapy dogs??! Were we?

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 08:15:21 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eCv8-qGuINU
The response to the PC police when they wanted to change the Redmen name.
Cougar O' Malley

goredmen

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »

The PC Police definitely won't let any institution that currently doesn't have a perceived offensive name to add one. And based on what I heard about what was happening on campus last Tuesday night and Wednesday, the school won't be moving away from PC anytime soon either

Do tell

Nothing too much to tell but unfortunately our school wasn't one of the exceptions to all the stuff you heard on the news about other colleges. It was mostly on a professor by professor basis from what I heard though

Foad

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 08:39:53 PM »

How about the Redmenopause, that's inclusive.

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 11:15:46 PM »

And the Cleveland Indians went to the world series and the Washington Redskins represent our nations capital.

I like that our school has done and is doing the right thing.

Not easy to find an ethnic group more screwed over than the Native American.

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2016, 11:23:48 PM »
I'd knock out the student weight room and red & white room to expand the baseline seating to bowl out making it a true arena. Add weight room in D'Angelo or onto Taffner. Put student across sideline and have seat backs on each baseline to accommodate more season ticket holders. Free tickets to all students.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2016, 05:33:37 AM »
Spending money on alumni hall only makes sense if are going to make money from investing. Since we play 1/2 big games there a decade it makes no sense to me. Recruits and fans want to play in the garden.
We need to stop playing games at Barclays, unless they are big games. Playing there in front of 1500 people is stupid. Playing there in front of 500 to start and the place selling out as we are leaving is even worse. ( like this year with Kentucky)
Holiday festival- should be scheduled with a big time team. Not sure if tournament is allowed any more . If so I would do that .

Poison

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2016, 07:59:40 AM »
I'd knock out the student weight room and red & white room to expand the baseline seating to bowl out making it a true arena. Add weight room in D'Angelo or onto Taffner. Put student across sideline and have seat backs on each baseline to accommodate more season ticket holders. Free tickets to all students.

If they knock out the Red White room who will be left to support the program? Can't count on the current students. The second it looks like the team might not be good, they jump ship.

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2016, 09:02:42 AM »

If they knock out the Red White room who will be left to support the program? Can't count on the current students. The second it looks like the team might not be good, they jump ship.

Build another room.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

redslope

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2016, 11:52:06 AM »

Build another room.
They could build a Red & White in the Little Theater space and free up space.  The little theater could then be built from scratch and enhanced itself.

desco80

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2016, 12:03:24 PM »
What does it cost to join R/W?   Just curious

tnice

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2016, 03:02:25 PM »

You can join for as little as $100. To get anything more than lapel pins, stickers and fridge magnets, you're in the $2,500-$5,000 range

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2016, 04:07:16 PM »

You can join for as little as $100. To get anything more than lapel pins, stickers and fridge magnets, you're in the $2,500-$5,000 range

Does the $100 let you drink at Alumni?

Foad

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2016, 05:00:23 PM »

That's in confederate dollars though, right?

redslope

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2016, 06:00:05 PM »

Nope--look at the application on the SJU Athletics site

tnice

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2016, 06:01:52 PM »

Drink? It doesn't even get you a microwaved hot dog at our high school quality snack bar(s)

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »
He is engaging on twittter and changed his twitter account to reflect he is with SJU.
Cougar O' Malley