Transfer wish list

• 411 replies
Re: Transfer wish list
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »
Never seen this Cheatham.  You don't like him?

« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2017, 09:21:40 PM »

Never heard of him.

Tiger

« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2017, 05:27:46 AM »

Marillac

« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2017, 08:31:04 AM »

Never heard of him.

The kid is a serious player. The only problems are that he will have to sit next year and he wants to play on the perimeter more--which he clearly is lot suited for at this time.

At least coming from being coached by Steve Fisher you know he can play D and rebound.

« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2017, 08:32:55 AM »
Ranked 70th coming out of high school averaged 7 and 5 as a freshman for a team that went 28-10 and averaged 9 and 6 last year.....i will take him as a sit 1 play two transfer....pretty good stats and good ranking for people "never hearing of him" cant tell if you being serious on this one cause this kid will be a very good get.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:35:01 AM by talkbigeast »

« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2017, 08:50:57 AM »
Ranked 70th coming out of high school averaged 7 and 5 as a freshman for a team that went 28-10 and averaged 9 and 6 last year.....i will take him as a sit 1 play two transfer....pretty good stats and good ranking for people "never hearing of him" cant tell if you being serious on this one cause this kid will be a very good get.

I would take him as well.  The only issue is how many years of eligibility will he actually have left.  Remember the general rule is you get 5 years to play 4.  Cheatham redshirted his 1st year.  Combined that with sitting out this coming year and that means after he plays in 2018-19 he will have used up his 5 years (3 at SDSU and 2 at SJU) having played only 3 years.  In other words he will have to ask the NCAA for a 6th year waiver.  Most 6th year waivers are granted based on injuries that prevented the player from playing.  His application might be tricky since he did not redshirt his 1st year due to injury.

« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2017, 09:08:17 AM »
Also a threat he could sit out and transfer as a grad before he even plays for us.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »
Also a threat he could sit out and transfer as a grad before he even plays for us.

How common is that?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2017, 10:17:47 AM »

How common is that?

Not very so let's not speculate that far out especially for a guy who is not even committed yet.

« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »

I would take him as well.  The only issue is how many years of eligibility will he actually have left.  Remember the general rule is you get 5 years to play 4.  Cheatham redshirted his 1st year.  Combined that with sitting out this coming year and that means after he plays in 2018-19 he will have used up his 5 years (3 at SDSU and 2 at SJU) having played only 3 years.  In other words he will have to ask the NCAA for a 6th year waiver.  Most 6th year waivers are granted based on injuries that prevented the player from playing.  His application might be tricky since he did not redshirt his 1st year due to injury.
Believe he did redshirt due to injury. Had foot surgery and decided to redshirt on Jan 13 of his true frosh season.

ras

« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »
6 9 previous 4 star recruit. Id take him. People act as if recruits are banging at our door and we have the pick of the litter. I wouldn't count on Naz and Brown.

Marillac

« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2017, 01:45:12 PM »

It would be virtually impossible to accumulate the 60+ credits SJU requires to earn at SJU to grant a degree in just one year.

He'll get his sixth year if he wants it. Everyone gets it these days. At that point, I'd worry about a transfer.

« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »

It would be virtually impossible to accumulate the 60+ credits SJU requires to earn at SJU to grant a degree in just one year.

He'll get his sixth year if he wants it. Everyone gets it these days. At that point, I'd worry about a transfer.

Tranfer credits? Fordham is right and I don't want to speculate. It's just the way college game is now. I'm sure many kids have transferred to a school and left before ever playing.

goredmen

« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2017, 02:40:03 PM »

Tranfer credits? Fordham is right and I don't want to speculate. It's just the way college game is now. I'm sure many kids have transferred to a school and left before ever playing.

Chris Obekpa

« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2017, 02:47:20 PM »

Chris Obekpa

Yup but I was thinking more of someone who transferred to play somewhere else.

« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2017, 03:08:44 PM »

Believe he did redshirt due to injury. Had foot surgery and decided to redshirt on Jan 13 of his true frosh season.

Stand corrected you are right sir.  Should make his application for a 6th year easier.

« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2017, 11:27:51 PM »
I hear his late great grandfather was the ageless wonder Doc Cheatham.

Doc

Marillac

« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2017, 12:09:45 AM »

You have to earn at least 60 credits after matriculating into St. John's to receive a diploma from them regardless of how many credits you earned elsewhere. E.g., you can't do 3 1/2 years at Hofstra and a semester at St. John's and get a diploma from St. John's. As a former transfer to SJU, I know this very well.

Moose

« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2017, 07:38:11 AM »

You have to earn at least 60 credits after matriculating into St. John's to receive a diploma from them regardless of how many credits you earned elsewhere. E.g., you can't do 3 1/2 years at Hofstra and a semester at St. John's and get a diploma from St. John's. As a former transfer to SJU, I know this very well.

Where did you transfer in from?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2017, 08:34:45 AM »
I hear his late great grandfather was the ageless wonder Doc Cheatham.

Doc

Big plus 1 for that reference.