• 90 replies

Poison

Re: Elijah Holifield transferring to Prairie View
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »
Bump

goredmen

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »
Yeah. Really need Holifield tomorrow. We'll lose by 18 without him tomorrow. If he was still here maybe we'd lose by 17

Poison

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2018, 07:05:39 PM »
Yeah. Really need Holifield tomorrow. We'll lose by 18 without him tomorrow. If he was still here maybe we'd lose by 17

We’ve needed Holifield since early December. You think we’re gonna lose by 18? Lol. Try 40.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:06:21 PM by Poison »

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2018, 07:21:31 PM »
We've got J Cole....

Poison

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2018, 07:35:51 PM »
We've got J Cole....

Maybe we could put Mitch Richmond in Trimble’s uniform?

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2018, 07:41:17 PM »
I'd love to see Richmond with Rick James Supefreak hair

goredmen

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2018, 07:47:59 PM »

We’ve needed Holifield since early December. You think we’re gonna lose by 18? Lol. Try 40.

If we've had Holifield all season what would our record be? If you think it would be anything other than 0-9 you're more insane than I thought. So who cares

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2018, 07:51:39 PM »

If we've had Holifield all season what would our record be? If you think it would be anything other than 0-9 you're more insane than I thought. So who cares

I think it would be 10-11.  ;)

Poison

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2018, 01:15:43 AM »

Is Holifield better than Alibegovic? This thread made the point, incorrectly, that Holifield was so far down on the depth chart that he didn’t even matter. Only our POS staff made it matter. For 10 to 15 minutes a game, Ponds could have been a true two.

As a junior, in my estimation, he’d have been more versatile than Trimble. He’s not a bad freshman, but he can’t handle the ball and we really could have used another ball handler.

So, yeah, it would have helped to have him. Probably 1 or 2 games would have gone our way. It’s this BS that we don’t need a walk on because a walk on is horseshit. Of course they need him. Also they need a McDonald’s AA. Yep preferably.

goredmen

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2018, 02:10:03 AM »

Is Holifield better than Alibegovic? This thread made the point, incorrectly, that Holifield was so far down on the depth chart that he didn’t even matter. Only our POS staff made it matter. For 10 to 15 minutes a game, Ponds could have been a true two.

As a junior, in my estimation, he’d have been more versatile than Trimble. He’s not a bad freshman, but he can’t handle the ball and we really could have used another ball handler.

So, yeah, it would have helped to have him. Probably 1 or 2 games would have gone our way. It’s this BS that we don’t need a walk on because a walk on is horseshit. Of course they need him. Also they need a McDonald’s AA. Yep preferably.

Elijah Holifield makes a 2 win difference on a Big East team. We have officially reached peak stupidity around here

Johnny23

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2018, 03:09:50 AM »
This team and program reminds me of the Jets and Knicks. I'm sure the Mets would be in that same realm but I'm a Yankees fan. These friggin franchises just don't know how to build a brand that's competitive year in and year out. Sad.

Pete88

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2018, 09:13:14 AM »

Elijah Holifield makes a 2 win difference on a Big East team. We have officially reached peak stupidity around here

Poison reached peak stupidity a long time ago!!

Foad

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2018, 09:49:04 AM »
Probably 1 or 2 games would have gone our way.

If Holifield is worth two wins how many is Lovett worth.   

Poison

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2018, 10:16:03 AM »

How many guys on our team can dribble the ball? I count two, and I’m being generous with Simon because he dribbles the ball up to his head.

Foad

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2018, 10:34:46 AM »

How many guys on our team can dribble the ball? I count two, and I’m being generous with Simon because he dribbles the ball up to his head.

Non-responsive.

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2018, 12:16:43 PM »
Shows the depths this program has sunk to when there is all this discussion of a former walk on. Makes one nostalgic for the good old days of Andre Stanley and Phil Missere. Now those were a couple of walk ons that will live on in the pantheon of St. John's basketball.

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2018, 12:25:53 PM »

I would think 3-5

Poison

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
Shows the depths this program has sunk to when there is all this discussion of a former walk on. Makes one nostalgic for the good old days of Andre Stanley and Phil Missere. Now those were a couple of walk ons that will live on in the pantheon of St. John's basketball.

No Andre Stanley and we lose to Uconn at MSG.

Phil Missere wasn’t a BE player. He was overmatched by just about every opponent he faced at the D1 level. However, he worked really hard, and occasionally, although rarely helped us win a game. I think back to the Georgetown game at MSG towards the end of the miserable 04-05 season. His put back slam dunk was a key play in securing a win over a team that featured two NBA players.

Did having that walk on change the season in a significant way? Of course not. Is that what I’m claiming Holifield would have done for us. No. It’s just another example of our careless and incompetent staff.

Norm had no choice but to let Missere be part of the team. He started the season short handed, but knew that his scholarship players would get tired and need a break. Our games in the BE are usually close. After 35 minutes we are exhausted. Ponds and Simon start throwing up forced shots and turning it over. Why? Because that’s what happens when you haven’t got your legs anymore.

Having Holifield isn’t about adding a capable BE player. It would have been a serviceable guard that could have given Ponds and Simon a breather. Who gives them a breather now? Right, no one.

It’s getting pretty boring being right all the time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 01:38:37 PM by Poison »

TONYD3

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2018, 02:05:35 PM »
Phil played a role . He wasn’t good. But he didn’t play out of control. Imagine if Amar who is bigger, faster, and probably more skilled played like Phil?

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2018, 02:18:59 PM »
Phil played a role . He wasn’t good. But he didn’t play out of control. Imagine if Amar who is bigger, faster, and probably more skilled played like Phil?
Missere>AliB