Top 10 Two Sport Athletes of All Time

• 36 replies
Top 10 Two Sport Athletes of All Time
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:45:19 PM »
Pretty interesting article I was trying to think of my favorite two sport atheltes and Deion and Bo are obvious choices but I forgot about Charlie Ward.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/pgStory?contentId=8380230&MSNHPHMA#sport=MLB&photo=8380040

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Top 10 Two Sport Athletes of All Time
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:06:06 PM »
Pretty ridic that they put some mott-haired skateboarder.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:37:06 PM »

Why is that ridiculous? Shaun White is an insane snowboarder, revolutionary for his sport. He is an Olympic Gold Medalist and he owns the X-Games. Have you ever snowboarded or skateboarded? Try going down a 12 foot halfpipe doing 360's, 540's, flips. So hard. It requires a ton of hand eye coordination as well as nerves of steel.

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 07:52:55 AM »

WOW. . that is a pretty closed minded comment...   

Of all the other people listed in the Top 10. . do you think any one of them have/had the balls to even try, let only complete, the tricks that Shaun White does..?

AND. . what does his hair have to do with anything...?

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 08:25:58 AM »
Id rather try and do some loopdy-loops than run down the field wit 11 giants tryin to bring me to the ground. 

Id rather do a lil slalom shake or whateva than face 98 mph heat comin at my chin.

And Id rather land on my rear after skateboardin 24/7/365 than have an entire ballpark cursin at me cause of the color of my skin 24/7/365.

You talk 'bout some skatboarders balls on a list that include Jackie? That include Jim Brown? Man, you talkin straight nonsense.

Peace Out! 

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 09:35:15 AM »
Id rather try and do some loopdy-loops than run down the field wit 11 giants tryin to bring me to the ground. 

Id rather do a lil slalom shake or whateva than face 98 mph heat comin at my chin.

And Id rather land on my rear after skateboardin 24/7/365 than have an entire ballpark cursin at me cause of the color of my skin 24/7/365.

You talk 'bout some skatboarders balls on a list that include Jackie? That include Jim Brown? Man, you talkin straight nonsense.

Peace Out! 

-Choz4Life

You will promote a black man at all times and give absolutely no respect to the one white athlete of this generation on this list...  unbelievable...   

Utter nonsense..  how about a little respect for the guy who does things that Jackie, Jim Brown, Jim Thorpe, Bo JAckson and anyone else on that list could never do...

As for the balls comments..    you take it out of context and twist it around to fit YOUR agenda...    no one here questions the balls it took for men like Jackie Robinson & Jim Brown to deal the racism they faced everyday on there way to being the incredible athletes they were...

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 01:28:06 PM »

Peace Out! 

-Choz4Life

Choz,
With all due respect, you need to go back to school. Your a grammatical unit of language is unbearable.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 01:30:48 PM »
Those X games events are insane. How do those kids start out and practice that stuff? There has to be a ton of injuries when starting up. Some of those events are now in the Olympics

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
I wouldn't count skate/snowboarding as a sport...its more in the mold of a figure skating.  Anything that needs to be "judged" is not a sport in my book.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
I wouldn't count skate/snowboarding as a sport...its more in the mold of a figure skating.  Anything that needs to be "judged" is not a sport in my book.

so you really think Gymnastics is not a sport..?

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 01:43:01 PM »

I dont consider Car racing a sport. Football is a sport and those thugs spend more time being "JUDGED" than any other event

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 01:44:26 PM »

everything is judged, just indirectly, what do you think umpires/refs do? buy your entitled to your opinion.

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »
I got to agree with PMG here. No one said anything to deter from what Jackie Robinson or Jim Brown accomplished however Shaun White is the best athlete of his sport and has dominated it. I'm sure if he got into water he'd be a pretty nasty surfer too.

Choz, I'd take getting pegged with a fastball over hitting a tree down or falling down on the slope any day of the week.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »

everything is judged, just indirectly, what do you think umpires/refs do? buy your entitled to your opinion.

Yea I have to respectfully disagree JumpinJohnny. So I guess bowling is a big time sport in your opinion because there is no judge.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 01:49:56 PM »
Those X games events are insane. How do those kids start out and practice that stuff? There has to be a ton of injuries when starting up. Some of those events are now in the Olympics

Also Marco they have schools dedicated to snowboarding at an early age in Vermont. I know someone who goes to my gym his son goes to a snowboarding prep school in vermont and they go to school and snowboard the rest. They travel all over the place study and play in the snow. Sounds pretty cool to me also its mega $$$.

By my neighborhood we have skateparks in local parks right next to the swings. NY you have handball walls we have halfpipes. Its just a culture not everyone is part of but if you are its pretty big.

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »

Yea I have to respectfully disagree JumpinJohnny. So I guess bowling is a big time sport in your opinion because there is no judge.

Obviously you've never seen kingpin.  You ever been Munsoned!

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »

No I don't think its a sport...any "sport" where a judge can randomly pull a number out of the sky to determine the score is not a sport in my VERY humble opinion.

It doesn't mean I think its easy to do...or that its not hard...just doesn't qualify as a sport to me.

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 02:06:43 PM »

Personally I think its a big difference...like a said in a previous post...anytime a judge can pull a number out of thin air to determine the outcome it is not a sport(exception is boxing because of knockouts).

As for an Ump there is defined rules as to what a strike is(obviously slightly diff for each ump).  But at least umps are not calling a strike if they think the pitch was "pretty" or the level of difficulty was high.  I compare those type of events more to a beauty pageant than a sport.

This does not mean that bowling is a sport.  They don't meet the physical exertion requirement.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:07:50 PM by jumpinjohnny »

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »

No I don't think its a sport...any "sport" where a judge can randomly pull a number out of the sky to determine the score is not a sport in my VERY humble opinion.

It doesn't mean I think its easy to do...or that its not hard...just doesn't qualify as a sport to me.

what qualifies..?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:36:28 PM by pmg911 »

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 02:08:19 PM »

what about the world series of poker? to you consider that a sport being that there is no 'judge' randomly pulling a number out of the sky to determine the score...