Trust the Process

• 258 replies

TONYD3

Re: Trust the Process
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2018, 03:27:16 PM »
Steve Lavin has this team on the bubble. A good coach has this team a 5/6 seed.

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »
Imagine the whining you dobags would be doing if we had the talent of duke and we lost to bc and nc state. I guess coach K sucks since he has more talent than either of those teams.

Although, Coach K has a ton of talent, they are still relatively young.  I bet Duke still wins 25 or more games and likely win a game or two in the NCAA's.

Our fan base would give up a pinky for such.

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2018, 03:32:42 PM »
NO

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2018, 03:33:04 PM »
Imagine the whining you dobags would be doing if we had the talent of duke and we lost to bc and nc state. I guess coach K sucks since he has more talent than either of those teams.
agreed but our best rebounder out of the 5 guys playing is our  sub 6 foot point guard. We are far from a complete team

Although, Coach K has a ton of talent, they are still relatively young.  I bet Duke still wins 25 or more games and likely win a game or two in the NCAA's.

Our fan base would give up a pinky for such.

« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »
Sorry not everyone came come in their pants every time we beat North Central Cream Valley A&M State in a non conference game. Tell us your secret.

TONYD3

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2018, 03:40:01 PM »
NO
A month ago, you thought we were good. The players haven’t gotten worse

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2018, 03:40:56 PM »
NO

Same guy lamenting the roster all off season.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2018, 03:41:08 PM »

Hilarious.

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2018, 03:41:09 PM »
Sorry not everyone came come in their pants every time we beat North Central Cream Valley A&M State in a non conference game. Tell us your secret.
who can rebound on this team asswipe? What do you think that means? We're not good as we don't have a single power guy. Are you too stupid to understand?

« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2018, 03:46:32 PM »
Adonis De La Rosa with 24 and 14 last night. Trust the process

TONYD3

« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »
NO

Same guy lamenting the roster all off season.
I think the players are good. Ponds and Simon could be all big east. Ownes is really good, he shouldn’t be taking 3’s . Clarke is good, shouldn’t be on the perimeter. Ahmed is playing better then I thought. He is scoring the Basketball.
All my lamenting has been on shot selection, over rated defense, no box out. That is all coaching.
Ponds high 4 star
Simon- 5 star
Clarke- high 3
Yakwe- 4 star
Ownes - 3 star
Ahmed - all American juco
Trimble- 3 star - decent offers
Plenty of talent here.
Creighton or Xavier’s guys were rated higher?

Johnny23

« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2018, 03:50:09 PM »
The lack of improving on-court chemistry with such a talented core is a telling sign that you need a guy to come in here and coach these kids up. Plenty of hungry assistants who know their shit around the country who want a shot at the BE. Hire one, Mullin.

goredmen

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2018, 03:53:07 PM »

Clarke is good, shouldn’t be on the perimeter.

Clark is a lights out shooter with no post game whatsoever. But yeah keep him off the perimeter

TONYD3

« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2018, 03:54:07 PM »

Clark is a lights out shooter with no post game whatsoever. But yeah keep him off the perimeter
He can’t get rebounds from there

Foad

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »
NO

Lavin is one of the best coaches in the country when he's not coaching.

goredmen

« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2018, 04:00:49 PM »

So you want to take your best 3 point shooter who is not a good rebounder anyway, and take him off the perimeter, where he's good, to help down low, where he's bad? I don't think you realize how incredibly stupid of an idea that is

« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2018, 04:09:56 PM »
who can rebound on this team asswipe? What do you think that means? We're not good as we don't have a single power guy. Are you too stupid to understand?
Just remember you started with the name calling something I don't particularly like F HEAD. A lot of rebounding is mentality run some drills and make these guys get after it like their life depended on it. Also if you design an offense where everybody and I mean everybody is on the perimeter you aren't going to get many offensive boards. How about one guy stay near the basket when someone shoots you know just in case the ball accidentally bounces to him. We emphasized rebounding for the Nebraska game and kicked their ass on the boards against a bigger team so we can improve in that area. See how that works genius?

TONYD3

« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »

So you want to take your best 3 point shooter who is not a good rebounder anyway, and take him off the perimeter, where he's good, to help down low, where he's bad? I don't think you realize how incredibly stupid of an idea that is
I don’t think you win basketball games with the 3,4, and 5 hovering at the 3 point line. I also don’t think Taking almost 30 3 pointers a game is good strategy. I am aware that Clarke’s percentage is currently high. I don’t view him as a lock down shooter. (Maybe he is) if his percentage stays high all season, then my opinion was wrong.

« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2018, 04:19:11 PM »
Marvin Clark is, by far, the closest we have to a knock down shooter.

« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2018, 04:20:40 PM »
The issue is Ponds shooting almost 7 three pointers per game while shooting 20%. That is absolutely pathetic.