Ponds top 50

• 21 replies
Ponds top 50
« on: August 02, 2018, 03:05:20 PM »

goredmen

Re: Ponds top 50
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 03:17:43 PM »
https://thebiglead.com/2018/08/01/50-best-players-college-basketball-2018-2019/amp/

Ponds at 32? Cmon guy. Top 10 player

Wouldn't put any stock in this. This is far and away the worst top 50 you'll see. It's obvious this dude doesn't watch any college basketball and pretty sure he does it just to troll and get people angry so he gets clicks. Baldi-like one could say
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:18:07 PM by goredmen »

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 04:01:18 PM »
https://thebiglead.com/2018/08/01/50-best-players-college-basketball-2018-2019/amp/

Ponds at 32? Cmon guy. Top 10 player

Wouldn't put any stock in this. This is far and away the worst top 50 you'll see. It's obvious this dude doesn't watch any college basketball and pretty sure he does it just to troll and get people angry so he gets clicks. Baldi-like one could say

Baldi-like? This guy couldn't hold my xxxxL jock strap

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 10:54:57 PM »
Jason McIntyre has never seen half these freshman ever play a game. I would also take Ponds over Tyus Battle or either Martin twin. Also Markus Howard severely underrated too. I think he's BE POY.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

goredmen

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 12:22:10 AM »
Jason McIntyre has never seen half these freshman ever play a game. I would also take Ponds over Tyus Battle or either Martin twin. Also Markus Howard severely underrated too. I think he's BE POY.

Howard is one of the biggest liabilities defensively of any player in the country. Kid can light it up for sure but he's not even bad on D. He's horrendous

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 07:15:43 AM »

Agree on this. Ponds and Howard gotta be top 10

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »

Howard is one of the biggest liabilities defensively of any player in the country. Kid can light it up for sure but he's not even bad on D. He's horrendous

Ponds is not exactly going to win any defensive player or the year awards, either.  Fortunately, we were able to somewhat mask that last year with Simon, who's a good defensive guard with added size.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 01:43:28 PM »

Ponds is not exactly going to win any defensive player or the year awards, either.  Fortunately, we were able to somewhat mask that last year with Simon, who's a good defensive guard with added size.

Prone to lapses for sure but his defensive rebounding and his hands are as good as any guard in the country.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 03:05:05 PM »

Agree on this. Ponds and Howard gotta be top 10

Ponds is top 10. Howard is top 50. Marquette looked better to me last year when Howard was out.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 03:06:36 PM »

Prone to lapses for sure but his defensive rebounding and his hands are as good as any guard in the country.

Ponds has THE best hands in the country.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 03:40:40 PM »

My proctologist is an Asian female and I guarantee she has the best hands in the country. Or at least the best two fingers. I have pretty good medical insurance and I still tip her. Because it's that good.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 05:01:13 PM »

Why stop at the country Donald, I'd venture to say he has the best hands on the planet if not the universe.  :)

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 05:04:30 PM »

My proctologist is an Asian female and I guarantee she has the best hands in the country. Or at least the best two fingers. I have pretty good medical insurance and I still tip her. Because it's that good.

If I had to have two fingers going in that region I'd want those fingers to belong to an Asian female as well.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »
If I had to have two fingers going in that region I'd want those fingers to belong to an Asian female as well.

It's not as good as a tongue but it's not bad.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 01:35:25 PM »
This list in bananas. If Ponds gets stronger, improves his 3 point percentage he could be a first team AA. He won't be a first team anything if other guys aren't ready to step up. Ponds will be doubled teamed from day 1.

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 09:32:43 AM »
Yeah Ponds is a sneaky defender in terms of creating turnovers, but does have his fair share of lapses, as do most star players who are forced to carry a team on the offensive end.

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »
This list in bananas. If Ponds gets stronger, improves his 3 point percentage he could be a first team AA. He won't be a first team anything if other guys aren't ready to step up. Ponds will be doubled teamed from day 1.
Simon and Heron should take doubles off of Ponds, although it would be nice to have more of an inside offensive presence to keep D's honest staying down low.

Marillac

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 08:08:38 PM »
Simon and Heron should take doubles off of Ponds, although it would be nice to have more of an inside offensive presence to keep D's honest staying down low.

Any coach that doubles Simon should be fired immediately. Heron is a different story entirely. The best way to get people off Ponds will be shooters and someone who can score inside.

ras

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 09:36:51 PM »

Any coach that doubles Simon should be fired immediately. Heron is a different story entirely. The best way to get people off Ponds will be shooters and someone who can score inside.
He didn’t say Simon will be doubled. He said he has to be guarded, so his defender would not be able to double Ponds,

Marillac

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »

He didn’t say Simon will be doubled. He said he has to be guarded, so his defender would not be able to double Ponds,

But Simon doesn't have to be guarded outside of 15 feet. Simon needs to be used from the high post down to facilitate offense. Let him use his biggest strengths (passing and 1-2 dribble drives). We don't have another consistent inside option with Marvin so good from deep. Someone has to pick up the slack inside or we will be one and done all year on the offensive glass.