QuanMan

Johnnies Around The World
« on: July 08, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
OctagonBasketball EU

@OctagonBballEU
Follow
Follow @OctagonBballEU

More
OFFICIAL: @DeeHarrison21 is taking his talents to the French @LNBofficiel, as he signs 1-year contract with @ESSMbasket #octagon

ESPN5

Verified account

@Sports5PH
 Jul 7

More
Best Player of the Game is Justin Brownlee with a new career-high of 49 points!

#PBAonESPN5 #PBALabanKungLaban #PBACommsCup #ManilaClasico
Section 3
Section 116

Re: Johnnies Around The World
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 12:35:25 PM »
Does anyone think these guys will ever get an NBA look again? Or has their time passed?

Johnny23

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 01:04:32 PM »
Not everyone is meant to make the NBA. These guys are enjoying success elsewhere. Their NBA time is long gone, not that it ever really was.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »
It's really good for D-Lo to get over to France. He's climbing the Euro ladder for some big pay days. Being repped by Octagon too is good look. I'm pretty sure that was a Lavin connection.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

QuanMan

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 02:20:17 PM »
Men's Basketball 7/8/2019 1:54:00 PM
Marvin Clark II Signs Professional Contract in Belgium
Former St. John’s standout will begin his professional career with Kangoeroes Basket Mechelen

https://redstormsports.com/news/2019/7/8/mens-basketball-marvin-clark-ii-signs-professional-contract-in-belgium.aspx
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 08:09:36 PM »
Underrated alum Justin Brownlee continuing to ball out in the Philippines:

ESPN5

Verified account

@Sports5PH
 Jul 14
More
Career-high 49 vs Magnolia? What about a new career-high 50 vs Columbian?!

Justin Brownlee keeps on setting the bar even higher!

https://twitter.com/Sports5PH/status/1150761785185599490
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 11:01:38 PM »
Underrated alum Justin Brownlee continuing to ball out in the Philippines:

ESPN5

Verified account

@Sports5PH
 Jul 14
More
Career-high 49 vs Magnolia? What about a new career-high 50 vs Columbian?!

Justin Brownlee keeps on setting the bar even higher!

https://twitter.com/Sports5PH/status/1150761785185599490
they have some hottie too

QuanMan

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »
Deserving of his number being retired imo:

Dangelo Harrison

Verified account

@DeeHarrison21
 1h
1 hour ago

More
Just met with @MikeCraggSJU and his vision for the program and what he wants to accomplish is perfect for what @StJohnsBBall and all sports needs it is a perfect fit and I am excited to be part of the growth of this program and getting it back on track! #johnnieforlife
Section 3
Section 116

Foad

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 04:44:13 PM »
Deserving of his number being retired imo:

I'm not going to argue with your opinion, but no. Great player yes, number retired no, if they start retiring numbers for players who had pretty good careers they'll run out of numbers.

Just met with @MikeCraggSJU and his vision for the program and what he wants to accomplish is perfect for what @StJohnsBBall and all sports needs it is a perfect fit and I am excited to be part of the growth of this program and getting it back on track! #johnnieforlife

Utmost respect for DH but he played here five years ago, maybe he should have worried about getting things back on track back then. See also Morris, Robert. Do we need him now, especially since coach third choice has already righted the ship? Hashtag polly come lately

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 04:33:36 PM »
I'm not going to argue with your opinion, but no. Great player yes, number retired no, if they start retiring numbers for players who had pretty good careers they'll run out of numbers.

Utmost respect for DH but he played here five years ago, maybe he should have worried about getting things back on track back then. See also Morris, Robert. Do we need him now, especially since coach third choice has already righted the ship? Hashtag polly come lately

I can see a retirement of D-Lo's jersey be in the discussion especially as a nod to this generation of Johnnies plus he is our 3rd leading scorer in team history. No small feat. But I see Foad's point here- no All-American teams, some BE recognition, but I do not know if its greatness so to speak. Hard to come by in the last 20 years with this program although some really good players for sure.

With the RM game I still think they had no business playing that game. Such letdown season with high expectations should just end and reflect on the failure.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 06:18:13 PM »
I can see a retirement of D-Lo's jersey be in the discussion especially as a nod to this generation of Johnnies plus he is our 3rd leading scorer in team history. No small feat. But I see Foad's point here- no All-American teams, some BE recognition, but I do not know if its greatness so to speak. Hard to come by in the last 20 years with this program although some really good players for sure.

With the RM game I still think they had no business playing that game. Such letdown season with high expectations should just end and reflect on the failure.

One NCAA appearance, one and done, kind of tough to put him in the same company as the other retired jerseys. At least the other modern history Johnnies had multiple NCAA appearances. D'Lo is third all time in scoring, but not much post season to show for it. I'm not in a rush to put his jersey up, yet.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 12:01:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/thetournament/status/1157450255568396289

Nice move by DJ.  They play in semifinals tomorrow at Noon on ESPN.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!