2/6 Providence Thread

• 65 replies
Re: 2/6 Providence Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2021, 06:34:57 PM »
What was the name of the small forward we had here that transferred to the PAC 12? Oregon, maybe. IDK.

😂😂😂

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2021, 07:16:52 PM »
What was the name of the small forward we had here that transferred to the PAC 12? Oregon, maybe. IDK.
LJ Figueroa. How soon they forget. LOL

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2021, 07:43:42 PM »
Where Dave? He seems mia  :2funny:

Come on buddy, say something, you're a sju fan right? Then you should be happy.

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2021, 08:04:56 PM »

Cornhuskers!! 🌽.....where has Foad been where is Carmine ...”when do excuses run out”

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2021, 08:16:18 PM »
Cornhuskers!! 🌽.....where has Foad been where is Carmine ...”when do excuses run out”

Carmine is diehard fan. Not fair to call him out. Ive known him since Levins first year or maybe Norms last year. He loved Mullin but that is his age peer so yeah he might have looked past Mullin a little but make no mistake he's a St Johns fan as much as anyone

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2021, 11:41:48 PM »

Dave commented on the first page of this thread...

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2021, 11:47:04 PM »
This team is fun. I only picked them back up a couple weeks ago. Player by player not the most talented team in the last decade or so, but as of the last few games certainly the most cohesive. Lot of complimentary play out there.

Posh is the biggest X Factor since Hardy and I don’t remember a non-ball dominant scorer as good as Champagnie.

Poison

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2021, 08:05:58 AM »
This team is fun. I only picked them back up a couple weeks ago. Player by player not the most talented team in the last decade or so, but as of the last few games certainly the most cohesive. Lot of complimentary play out there.

Posh is the biggest X Factor since Hardy and I don’t remember a non-ball dominant scorer as good as Champagnie.

Last time we had a forward that was as good of a scorer as Champagnie, I’m afraid to even say it. Malik Sealy.

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2021, 12:18:19 PM »

I'm not sure as to why you are playing antagonist. You realize this has been a destination for fans of St. John's for over a decade? I spend my own money to keep this place open for everyone.

Not everyone will share the same opinion all the time but everyone here roots for the success of the school and has love for the team.

Give it up already and just talk hoops... it's more fun.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2021, 12:20:11 PM »

Yes I had this elaborate plot to go into hiding running errands on the weekend preparing for the storm and super bowl Sunday to avoid posting something positive about St. John's. You got me!!

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2021, 12:28:23 PM »
Champagnie is playing with next level confidence. Always shot ready and everything looks so routine.

Posh has been the biggest difference maker. He is being way more assertive with double digit shot attempts in the last 6 games. That wasn't the case at the beginning of the season and think he's finding his groove.

Overall our rotation has gotten really tight and I think guys are settling into their roles. Offense / Defense platoon of Moore / Roberts, less Vince Cole and more Dunn/Williams/Wasu has been great.

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2021, 12:33:45 PM »

Posh has been the biggest difference maker. He is being way more assertive with double digit shot attempts in the last 6 games. That wasn't the case at the beginning of the season and think he's finding his groove.

We are..
10-1 in games Posh has 3 or more steals
8-1 in games Posh scored 15 or more
8-1 in games where Posh hits at least 1 3fg
7-0 in games where Posh hits multiple 3fg

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2021, 12:54:17 PM »
I can't remember a player that has made the impact Posh has. I remember during the Villanova game watching the body language of Gillespie and the other Nova players on the floor change when Posh was out. They felt more comfortable and more relaxed. I'm sure there have been others that have had that impact, but I can't think of one that had that effect on a team. It's really interesting to see such high level players look over their shoulder and be so tentative when he's around. Clearly we all see the effort but the defensive skill and IQ in regards to stepping into passing lanes, redirecting ball handlers, and his spacing and awareness around the ball....man, he is a genius. And he can score some. So fun to watch.

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2021, 12:54:53 PM »
where is Carmine 
Right here where I've always been...speaking truth to power and kicking a$$ and taking names...same as it ever was - same as it ever was.

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2021, 12:55:34 PM »
Carmine is diehard fan. Not fair to call him out. Ive known him since Levins first year or maybe Norms last year. He loved Mullin but that is his age peer so yeah he might have looked past Mullin a little but make no mistake he's a St Johns fan as much as anyone
Thanks Mj.

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2021, 02:12:04 PM »
I can't remember a player that has made the impact Posh has. I remember during the Villanova game watching the body language of Gillespie and the other Nova players on the floor change when Posh was out. They felt more comfortable and more relaxed. I'm sure there have been others that have had that impact, but I can't think of one that had that effect on a team. It's really interesting to see such high level players look over their shoulder and be so tentative when he's around. Clearly we all see the effort but the defensive skill and IQ in regards to stepping into passing lanes, redirecting ball handlers, and his spacing and awareness around the ball....man, he is a genius. And he can score some. So fun to watch.

As far as defense the only two in the past decade that come close are Sir Dom and Paris Horne, and they were both very different styles.

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2021, 04:28:08 PM »
I've never in my life seen an offensive foul like they called on Posh for kicking out his legs as an airborne shooter when he hit that falling down three.

Johnny23

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2021, 05:07:53 PM »
I've never in my life seen an offensive foul like they called on Posh for kicking out his legs as an airborne shooter when he hit that falling down three.

The Reggie Miller rule. Refs could've easily swallowed their whistles there.

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2021, 06:40:16 PM »

We are..
10-1 in games Posh has 3 or more steals
8-1 in games Posh scored 15 or more
8-1 in games where Posh hits at least 1 3fg
7-0 in games where Posh hits multiple 3fg

Those treys will start to fall at a good clip as he progresses through his years at St. John’s. Wusu as well. That’s 6-9 pts per game we are going to add with no other changes.

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2021, 07:01:00 PM »
Those treys will start to fall at a good clip as he progresses through his years at St. John’s. Wusu as well. That’s 6-9 pts per game we are going to add with no other changes.

Any football analogy’s for wusu? He helps on the baseline and in the post so much on defense, kinda like bringing in an extra backer against the run. Whatya say?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.