Nebraska

• 20 replies

Foad

Nebraska
« on: November 17, 2022, 07:16:03 PM »
LOL

Re: Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 07:50:38 PM »
A finer display of basketball I have rarely seen.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 09:39:06 PM »

Poison

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 10:21:51 PM »
What’s the single game high for rebounds at St.John’s? Soriano had 18 tonight.

Foad

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 07:04:45 AM »
Wut?

Sorry, I was laughing at how completely awful this team is.

PS George Johnson, 20 rebounds.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/st-johns-ny/leaders-and-records.html

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 09:53:33 AM »
Lol I remember a certain poster used to salivate when other posters would get on Mullins teams for first half woes only to have them turn it on in the end.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »
Curbelo was the difference last night. He changed the game. I didn’t realize how good he was, but he’s our most skilled player, imo. Played like Shamorie Ponds on offense last night, and Marcus Hatten on d.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2022, 02:50:14 PM »
Curbelo was the difference last night. He changed the game. I didn’t realize how good he was, but he’s our most skilled player, imo. Played like Shamorie Ponds on offense last night, and Marcus Hatten on d.

I agree he was the difference and agree he was great. Huge fan. But saying he’s like ponds on offense is an insult to ponds. One of the best scorers we’ve ever had.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2022, 03:19:15 PM »

Settle down. Nebraska has been the worst high major over the last 3 years. They are 9-50 in the Big Ten in that span.

It is far more likely that Curbelo will be a disappointment than anything else.

Foad

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 03:37:44 PM »
Lol I remember a certain poster

Uh huh, and if you ever say anything memorable I'll be sure to write it down.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 03:49:51 PM »

Disagree. I thought he was more like George Gervin on offense and Bill Russell on defense. One of the more impressive seven point 3 for 10 performances I've seen since Tom Calabrese trod the boards.

IMHO Soriano is the difference maker, he reminds me of Joe Barry Carroll, albeit with a head injury. And don't get me started on Parker Williams, one of the most talented walk-ons they've had since Lavin recruited that mass murderer.

Like you I can't wait for the real season to begin, because things can only get better.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2022, 03:51:54 PM »
Uh huh, and if you ever say anything memorable I'll be sure to write it down.

Insecure much?

Foad

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2022, 04:09:40 PM »
Insecure much?

Actually stupid person who responded to me before I even refreshed my post to check for typos before signing off from this ridiculous website that no one reads, I'm not at all insecure. Not. At. All. To the contrary. Am I full of self loathing, sure. And I will be until I hang myself, which hopefully will be soon. But am I insecure? Nah. To the contrary, I'm pretty wonderful and know it. As do you, which is why you remember things I said and when, whereas I couldn't pick you out of a line-up of Anderson cock gobblers, except that you stand out, being even stupider than most of them.

<flush>

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2022, 07:55:35 PM »
Actually stupid person who responded to me before I even refreshed my post to check for typos before signing off from this ridiculous website that no one reads, I'm not at all insecure. Not. At. All. To the contrary. Am I full of self loathing, sure. And I will be until I hang myself, which hopefully will be soon. But am I insecure? Nah. To the contrary, I'm pretty wonderful and know it. As do you, which is why you remember things I said and when, whereas I couldn't pick you out of a line-up of Anderson cock gobblers, except that you stand out, being even stupider than most of them.

<flush>

So it was you. Thanks

Poison

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2022, 08:54:06 AM »
Sorry, I was laughing at how completely awful this team is.

PS George Johnson, 20 rebounds.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/st-johns-ny/leaders-and-records.html

Thank you. They’re not awful. They’re a one half team it seems. So far it’s the right half.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2022, 01:33:10 PM »
I agree he was the difference and agree he was great. Huge fan. But saying he’s like ponds on offense is an insult to ponds. One of the best scorers we’ve ever had.

Ok, hold on. I didn’t say he was as good as Ponds, but there are similarities. He’s got a great handle, hang time and he’s a crafty passer. Like Shamorie.

Poison

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2022, 01:37:17 PM »
Disagree. I thought he was more like George Gervin on offense and Bill Russell on defense. One of the more impressive seven point 3 for 10 performances I've seen since Tom Calabrese trod the boards.

IMHO Soriano is the difference maker, he reminds me of Joe Barry Carroll, albeit with a head injury. And don't get me started on Parker Williams, one of the most talented walk-ons they've had since Lavin recruited that mass murderer.

Like you I can't wait for the real season to begin, because things can only get better.

Ok, but who started the break? Who got Soriano the ball? Both guys had strong games against a terrible team. We’ll see on Monday what we have.

Poison

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2022, 01:53:21 PM »
Settle down. Nebraska has been the worst high major over the last 3 years. They are 9-50 in the Big Ten in that span.

It is far more likely that Curbelo will be a disappointment than anything else.

It’s true that Nebraska is terrible. Coach Anderson has a hard enough job here at St.John’s. We can’t ask him to do Fred Hoiberg’s job, too.

Foad

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2022, 02:57:29 PM »
Thank you. They’re not awful. They’re a one half team it seems. So far it’s the right half.

The first half vs NEB was the first half I've seen. It was very bad. I turned off the second half when it became apparent they were going to win. Because where's the fun in that?

Poison

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2022, 03:19:09 PM »

What do you think now?