Proud of our boys

• 13 replies

Foad

Proud of our boys
« on: February 25, 2023, 04:04:46 PM »
St John's held Uconn under 100 points at the world's most famous arena in a game televised on national television. Kudos to Iron Mike and his players. It really feels like we've turned a corner. Looking forward to next week's road tilt @ Marquette, which should be a nice warm up for what should be a satisfying run in the BET.

Re: Proud of our boys
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 09:12:46 PM »
St John's held Uconn under 100 points at the world's most famous arena in a game televised on national television. Kudos to Iron Mike and his players. It really feels like we've turned a corner. Looking forward to next week's road tilt @ Marquette, which should be a nice warm up for what should be a satisfying run in the BET.

We've not only turned the corner but we have reached the mountaintop. It will be an easy downhill ride into March.
Rumor has it that we will pluck Speedy Claxton from Hofstra by quadrupling his salary and giving him his own parking space. Coming along as a package deal will be Jacquan Carlos who comes from Brooklyn and Thomas Jefferson HS which gave us Shamorie Ponds. Look for Posh Alexander to transfer to Georgetown where he will play for Rick Pitno. Posh will be joined there by Joel Soriano and Freshman phenom AJ Storr.
Let's see if Zach Brazier runs with this!!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 01:41:16 AM »
According to the bafoons on RM, Mike Anderson is still working hard.

Foad

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 07:33:33 AM »
According to the bafoons on RM, Mike Anderson is still working hard.

You sound like a jealous nobody to me. The majority of posters at redman dot dum are former 7th grade girl AAU coaches with well-connected sources both within and without the program. That's why when an esteemed poster like Paultzman changes his forum avatar based upon something he "senses" I sit up and take notice. That's why when college basketball insider Fordham creates a post called "What I am hearing" I print it out and study it with the same evangelical fervor I did Alfred North Whitehead's 1000 page proof that one plus one equals two. If they say IRON MIKE is still working hard I believe them and if you disagree we're going to have to step outside and settle this mano a mano.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 09:36:58 PM »
We've not only turned the corner but we have reached the mountaintop. It will be an easy downhill ride into March.
Rumor has it that we will pluck Speedy Claxton from Hofstra by quadrupling his salary and giving him his own parking space. Coming along as a package deal will be Jacquan Carlos who comes from Brooklyn and Thomas Jefferson HS which gave us Shamorie Ponds. Look for Posh Alexander to transfer to Georgetown where he will play for Rick Pitno. Posh will be joined there by Joel Soriano and Freshman phenom AJ Storr.
Let's see if Zach Brazier runs with this!!!!

Claxton has signed a multi-year deal to remain at Hofstra...so there's that.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 12:03:55 AM »
Claxton has signed a multi-year deal to remain at Hofstra...so there's that.

Anderson has signed a multi-year deal to remain at St. John's.....so there's that. 

No need for further speculation.

Now back to the subject of our Proud Boys.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2023, 01:07:35 PM »
We should all be hoping for a big L against Marquette and then a blowout loss in the first round of the Big East Tournament. And if we can get a couple transfers out- Anderson will be done. St. John's won't be able to handle all the bad vibes at the end of the season. They will figure out the 10 million buyout let's hope.

Foad

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2023, 03:39:29 PM »
We should all be hoping for a big L against Marquette and then a blowout loss in the first round of the Big East Tournament. And if we can get a couple transfers out- Anderson will be done. St. John's won't be able to handle all the bad vibes at the end of the season. They will figure out the 10 million buyout let's hope.

Yeah, no, not even close.

(1) Not to worry, the odds of SJU beating Marquette in Wisconsin are higher than the odds of me having a threesome with Mother Teresa and Winston Churchill. Despite how attractive Winston was and how much of a hewer Teresa.

(2) SJU will beat Butler Wednesday and then lose to Marquette 18 hours later. At the post game conference Coach Iron Mike will bemoan the fact that his players failed to live up to his expectations. Bet the house on the three event parley.

(3) Transfers, here you are correct, there will be many. Pinzon and Curbello are obviously gone. Soriano is gone if he doesn't opt for the euro league and if he otherwise knows what's good for him. Posh, I would if I were him. The rest of them who cares except Storr, who I think stays probably stays because after burying him for half a season Anderson will next year give him the keys to the kingdom and in this offense he could as prolific a scorer as Canarsie's own Lloyd Free, who I know you've never heard of, but you should look him up, he was something of a prodigy.

(4) On the odd chance that Anderson is fired - and I hope they extend him again, because he stinks - SJU will replace him with some Dook adjacent piece of garbage, of which my name is legion, for we are many: Brey, Hurley, Dawkins, Wojowhatsit, Greg Paulus or even the great Tim O'Toole. Because Cragg is like a dog eating his own vomit: it's all he knows and anyway he finds it delicious.

(5) The SJU administration does not care about bad vibes and cares less about the program or its fans, because it knows its fans are mutts who'll accept any shit sandwich they are force fed and pronounce it delicious as a mayonnaise slathered lobster roll, as they have since forever.

(6) There is no hope and there is no salvation. There is only comfort and only death brings comfort. As usual, YMMV.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2023, 09:16:13 AM »
Yeah, no, not even close.

(1) Not to worry, the odds of SJU beating Marquette in Wisconsin are higher than the odds of me having a threesome with Mother Teresa and Winston Churchill. Despite how attractive Winston was and how much of a hewer Teresa.

(2) SJU will beat Butler Wednesday and then lose to Marquette 18 hours later. At the post game conference Coach Iron Mike will bemoan the fact that his players failed to live up to his expectations. Bet the house on the three event parley.

(3) Transfers, here you are correct, there will be many. Pinzon and Curbello are obviously gone. Soriano is gone if he doesn't opt for the euro league and if he otherwise knows what's good for him. Posh, I would if I were him. The rest of them who cares except Storr, who I think stays probably stays because after burying him for half a season Anderson will next year give him the keys to the kingdom and in this offense he could as prolific a scorer as Canarsie's own Lloyd Free, who I know you've never heard of, but you should look him up, he was something of a prodigy.

(4) On the odd chance that Anderson is fired - and I hope they extend him again, because he stinks - SJU will replace him with some Dook adjacent piece of garbage, of which my name is legion, for we are many: Brey, Hurley, Dawkins, Wojowhatsit, Greg Paulus or even the great Tim O'Toole. Because Cragg is like a dog eating his own vomit: it's all he knows and anyway he finds it delicious.

(5) The SJU administration does not care about bad vibes and cares less about the program or its fans, because it knows its fans are mutts who'll accept any shit sandwich they are force fed and pronounce it delicious as a mayonnaise slathered lobster roll, as they have since forever.

(6) There is no hope and there is no salvation. There is only comfort and only death brings comfort. As usual, YMMV.

I heard he’s done.

Foad

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2023, 02:14:13 PM »
I heard he’s done.

I've heard he done and that he's undone. I can go either way. On the one hand, it's 10 million to buy him out and another 10 for a new dummy. On the other hand he's arguably worse than Norm. On the third hand whatever happens Cragg's got a lot of egg on his face: first he hires the never was, then he extends him for no reason, then he fires him, all in four years, in the first major decision he's made in his career that doesn't involve fetching Shewshrenki's coffee. That's a bad look.

Poison

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2023, 05:18:02 PM »
I've heard he done and that he's undone. I can go either way. On the one hand, it's 10 million to buy him out and another 10 for a new dummy. On the other hand he's arguably worse than Norm. On the third hand whatever happens Cragg's got a lot of egg on his face: first he hires the never was, then he extends him for no reason, then he fires him, all in four years, in the first major decision he's made in his career that doesn't involve fetching Shewshrenki's coffee. That's a bad look.

Oh he’s bad, but he’s not worse than Norm. That guy lost to schools we scheduled as patsies year after year. The extension looks terrible now. Thanks for pointing that one out.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2023, 11:26:35 AM »
Oh he’s bad, but he’s not worse than Norm. That guy lost to schools we scheduled as patsies year after year.

Coach Third Choice is 30–45 (.40) in the BE coaching against hacks like floor slapping dope Steve Wojowhatsit and Pat Ewing and Lavall Jordan and has never made the post season. Norm was 32–70 (.31) in the BE coaching against Rick Pitino, Jims Calhoun and Boeheim, and Bob “do you know who I am” Huggins; the same Norm Roberts made two post seasons in six years and recruited the best St John’s team since Fran. That's about a wash to me.

The extension looks terrible now. Thanks for pointing that one out.

Was that sarcasm Scarsdale? If so, it suits you.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2023, 02:59:01 PM »
Brilliant altoist Wayne Shorter passes at 89. Jazz world mourns.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2023, 03:12:37 PM »
21st century St. John coaches ranked:       
1) Norm Robert's - 0 for 6; popularized the ugly trend of so called fans rooting for the team to lose.                                                         
                                                                         2) CFC - 0 for 4 and counting?                           
                                                                        3) Our Hero - 1 for 4;  inherited the programs worst team ever then danced off into the sunset.                                                                   
                                                                        4) Hollywood - 2 for 5; literally a c*nt hair away from 4 for 5. Practically walked on water here.                                                       
                                                                        5) MJ - Hit the jackpot reaching the holy grail...an actual ncaa tournament win. Left mired in scandal.                             
                                                                         6) Kevin Clark - incomplete                                               
                                                                   Worst to first ranking makes more sense for us. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 03:29:04 PM by carmineabbatiello »