St Johns vs IONA scrimmage?

• 120 replies
Re: St Johns vs IONA scrimmage?
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2008, 07:50:34 PM »
so any word on the injury to Boothe?

Sounds like you might know but do not want to post.

I'm not aware of the severity of his injury. I do know that Quincy Roberts does have a nagging wrist injury that will linger for the season. I'm not sure about Boothe but as we all know this will be our achillies heal all season. When I find out more info I will share.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »
Thank you, JJ.

Poison

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2008, 08:17:38 PM »

I'm not aware of the severity of his injury. I do know that Quincy Roberts does have a nagging wrist injury that will linger for the season. I'm not sure about Boothe but as we all know this will be our achillies heal all season. When I find out more info I will share.

If Boothe goes down, I'd be okay with firing Roberts immediately, and letting just about anyone take over.
Roberts may not accept blame for what he has done to this program, but I'm ready to put every ounce of blame on his shoulders.

Many teams have injuries. Our injuries cripple us every year. Norm gets ALL the blame for that.

« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2008, 08:20:55 PM »
so far no points, no boards and 2 fouls.

0 points in the first half.

Oh, and let me add, I wish nothing but wonderful things for this wonderful young man because it would be wrong of me not to.

where did you hear that from?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2008, 08:24:37 PM »
so far no points, no boards and 2 fouls.

0 points in the first half.

Oh, and let me add, I wish nothing but wonderful things for this wonderful young man because it would be wrong of me not to.

where did you hear that from?

oops. that was calhoun today. I'm tired. sorry.

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »

If Boothe goes down, I'd be okay with firing Roberts immediately, and letting just about anyone take over.
Roberts may not accept blame for what he has done to this program, but I'm ready to put every ounce of blame on his shoulders.

Many teams have injuries. Our injuries cripple us every year. Norm gets ALL the blame for that.

Yea usually when guys roll their ankle its the coaches fault!?!? I understand your gripe we should be better prepared in case of injuries and that falls under the coaching staff but lets not blame the coach for injuries.

Poison

« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2008, 08:38:30 PM »

Yea usually when guys roll their ankle its the coaches fault!?!? I understand your gripe we should be better prepared in case of injuries and that falls under the coaching staff but lets not blame the coach for injuries.

All teams have injuries.
The difference is that Roberts is never prepared for any injury to a starter.

Ever.

So it is his fault. 100%. He recruited every player on this team.

« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2008, 08:40:31 PM »

All teams have injuries.

Ever.

Like I said, (lack of) preparation of roster depth for injuries, ok point taken. Blaming the coach for the injury, silly and unjustified.

Poison

« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2008, 09:52:51 PM »

All teams have injuries.

Ever.

Like I said, (lack of) preparation of roster depth for injuries, ok point taken. Blaming the coach for the injury, silly and unjustified.
[

All teams have injuries.

Ever.

The first time it is silly, and you're right, unjustified, but we've been down this road every year with Roberts.
It's always something. Time to change the record. We're all sick of the same song every year.

After too long, the specific injury becomes meaningless.

First Maybank. Then Show. Then Mason, and now who knows?

In every other situation, people say, well, you can't fire the players, but Roberts, basically does.

« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2008, 10:59:45 PM »
3 halves were played, IONA won 2. Sorry for your loss, I guess these teams wont be playing again for another 10 years

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2008, 11:26:07 PM »
Lets put the rumors to rest.

St. John's won first half by 14pts. Malik went out with an injury.

St. John's lost 2nd half by 1 point. Justin, Mase, Evans, Dele, Paris didn't play at all 2nd half all non injury related.
JJ, what about the third half?

And if Marillac hadn’t pissed KOB off, we would be getting the real information!!!

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2008, 11:28:08 PM »
The first time it is silly, and you're right, unjustified, but we've been down this road every year with Roberts.
It's always something. Time to change the record. We're all sick of the same song every year.

After too long, the specific injury becomes meaningless.

First Maybank. Then Show. Then Mason, and now who knows?

In every other situation, people say, well, you can't fire the players, but Roberts, basically does.

I still don't get how you are blaming the coach for a kid getting hurt? Do you think he has voodoo dolls and is breaking kid's ankles?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:38:23 PM by JJ »

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2008, 11:32:22 PM »
i didn't read anyone blaming the coach for the injuries.  what i read is the coach is totally unprepared with a backup in the event of injuries.

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »

St. John's lost 2nd half by 1 point. Justin, Mase, Evans, Dele, Paris didn't play at all 2nd half all non injury related.

And if Marillac hadn’t pissed KOB off, we would be getting the real information!!!

I was told 2 halves and the 2nd one was mostly played by bench guys and walk ons. I am pretty certain that I was not misinformed so I'm not sure where the 3 period game is coming from.

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2008, 11:42:09 PM »

I was told 2 halves and the 2nd one was mostly played by bench guys and walk ons. I am pretty certain that I was not misinformed so I'm not sure where the 3 period game is coming from.

I was just busting on Marco (Yogi) Baldi

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2008, 11:54:15 PM »

I was just busting on Marco (Yogi) Baldi

Yea, its really irrelevant even if there was a third period or not. The starters took care of business when they were in. I think it might be a blessing in disguise if Boothe is 100% healthy now and that he went down with an injury during the game because its probable there will be games where he is in foul trouble or banged up and we will need to play without him.

I know generally when we play scrimmages there are 3 periods and score is wiped clean at the end of each one. If Iona fans want to get worked up about beating our walk ons more power to them. They have a really nice message board but I need to talk to the owner of the site there and get him to a more advanced message board system.

Poison

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2008, 12:04:03 AM »
i didn't read anyone blaming the coach for the injuries.  what i read is the coach is totally unprepared with a backup in the event of injuries.

exactly. injuries are a fact of the game. all teams have to deal with them.

Except that we are never able to under Norm.

Even Jarvis lost players due to injury.

He didn't have Tyrone Grant, and he found a way to make Albert Richardson and Donald Emanuel work in the paint.

« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2008, 12:12:55 AM »

He didn't have Tyrone Grant, and he found a way to make Albert Richardson and Donald Emanuel work in the paint.

"If Boothe goes down, I'd be okay with firing Roberts immediately, and letting just about anyone take over.
Roberts may not accept blame for what he has done to this program, but I'm ready to put every ounce of blame on his shoulders."

I took that as blaming the coach. Maybe I misread/misinterpreted the rest.

Poison

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »

"If Boothe goes down, I'd be okay with firing Roberts immediately, and letting just about anyone take over.
Roberts may not accept blame for what he has done to this program, but I'm ready to put every ounce of blame on his shoulders."

I took that as blaming the coach. Maybe I misread/misinterpreted the rest.

I am blaming the coach. You're correct. If Boothe goes down, and Tyshawn can't run the offense effectively, it then becomes Norm's fault for not signing Darryl "Truck" Bryant when he had the chance.

The type of mistake Roberts makes annually. He can't blame his poor judgement on Jarvis anymore.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:29:37 AM by Poison »

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:46 PM »

Let's rephrase that.  Norm doesn't get ALL the blame for the injuries, in fact he should get very little.  Norm gets ALL the blame for not recruiting a team that is prepared to at least but a somewhat qualified backup on the floor at the game's most important position after an injury.