St Johns vs IONA scrimmage?

• 120 replies
Re: St Johns vs IONA scrimmage?
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »
so any word on the injury to Boothe?

Sounds like you might know but do not want to post.

I'm not aware of the severity of his injury. I do know that Quincy Roberts does have a nagging wrist injury that will linger for the season. I'm not sure about Boothe but as we all know this will be our achillies heal all season. When I find out more info I will share.

Sorry for the repost but I just wanted to say that I guess this topic had been beaten like a dead horse between the time I read Poison's post and the time I posted (without reading the rest of the thread).  Sorry about that.

And let's be real, there are somewhat capable backups for every other position on this team.  Drop offs of course, that's why there are starters and guys on the bench, but at least some moderately skilled, experienced personnel for the 2,3,4 & 5.  But the most important position in college hoops is the 1.  It is unbelievable that there is really only one true 1 on the roster.  Hope Ty is a fast learner and as skilled as he was hyped to be by some (he would be the first one, by the way - well maybe JB too).

If Boothe goes down, I'd be okay with firing Roberts immediately, and letting just about anyone take over.
Roberts may not accept blame for what he has done to this program, but I'm ready to put every ounce of blame on his shoulders.

Many teams have injuries. Our injuries cripple us every year. Norm gets ALL the blame for that.

Let's rephrase that.  Norm doesn't get ALL the blame for the injuries, in fact he should get very little.  Norm gets ALL the blame for not recruiting a team that is prepared to at least but a somewhat qualified backup on the floor at the game's most important position after an injury.