Jonathan "JJ" Moore - SF - Brentwood HS - Brentwood, NY - PITTSBURGH (LOI)

• 56 replies
Re: Jonathan "JJ" Moore - SF - Brentwood HS - Brentwood, NY
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 10:21:11 AM »
Thanks, I was just browsing.  *prays that we have a fighting chance*

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »
Damn.

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 02:06:54 PM »
Damn.

Damn is right. It said he wanted to get out of NYC, guess we cant blame him. PINKSTON!!

boo3

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »
next

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 02:29:05 PM »
I'm not surprised at this what so ever. I think JJ will do well at Pitt and I wish him the best. Our main focus now is Jayvaughn Pinkston. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 02:52:57 PM »
What number strike is that?

Again, here we go and put all our eggs for Pinkston and we all know how that works out from past experience.

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 02:56:21 PM »
What number strike is that?

Again, here we go and put all our eggs for Pinkston and we all know how that works out from past experience.

Cant blame this on the staff

"He wanted to get out of New York and go someplace different and Pittsburgh provided the opportunity to leave New York but yet not be too far away so that his family would be able to come see him play at home. I think that was an important factor for J.J.”

Tha Kid

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 03:03:54 PM »
When push comes to shove, too many excuses.  You can't kill Norm for each recruiting battle lost but you CAN blame him if the big picture is inadequate.  Gotta sign a big recruit from NYC or erlse it spells trouble.  Gotta build on the signing of Omari last year.  GOTTA.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »
When push comes to shove, too many excuses.  You can't kill Norm for each recruiting battle lost but you CAN blame him if the big picture is inadequate.  Gotta sign a big recruit from NYC or erlse it spells trouble.  Gotta build on the signing of Omari last year.  GOTTA.

Exactly. Excuses all the time for one thing or another. At the end of the day, another one lost.

kob24

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »
Forget the recruits get twenty wins and they will come

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 03:45:27 PM »
Agreed with KOB. But big picture-wise, it's a little disheartening; though I was surprised he was still talking St. John's at the end.

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »
I know he really liked Pitt before he took all three of his visits. Pitt went after him harder than anyone else. Brandin Knight was at South Kent all the time and he liked their coaching staff a lot. So even when that article came out of the Louisville paper about JJ liking Louisville so much his heart was still on Pitt. I'm not surprised on this and I didn't want to post anything suggesting this before but I talked to JJ's mom a fair amount and I got the impression it was Pitt all along.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 03:56:52 PM »
in order for this team to get 20 wins, we either need to have elite players...load up on creampuffs...or play 40 games.

the elite players from this area want to play for a real coach.  that's why they're going to pitt, villanova, uconn, etc.  i'm sure norm gets laughed at alot behind his back.

if i gave you a million dollars to hold your breath for 20 minutes, you couldn't do it.  it's just as impossible for norm to get the top players from this area.  he's been at it for six years now.  what don't you understand about that?

boo3

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »

KOB,  When it comes to recruits and the decisions that they make, you are the best person to comment on the reasons.  What, in your opinion, based on what you hear kids say, is the biggest reason Norm is left holding the bag year after year? 

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »
boo3 .... KOB might say something different but I imagine its 2 things

1) He's never won: Just as we read on our OWN boards and people say that I'm sure coaches and advisors are telling kids that.  With that, Norm has no job security so I can't imagine a big recruit coming this yr in the early period with the job in question ... we gotta win 1st.

2) This program hasnt been good in so long .. the seniors in hs now were like 8 last time this program was on top and the buzz was huge.  They don't see all the benefits of a good St. John's in NYC and that goes back to point 1 where we gotta win, get that great publicity and have them realize how it helps to play in the best city of the world. 

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »
What objective person could blame the young man for choosing a better situation?

Pitt's coach has proven he can a) win and b) get kids to the NBA (which, however delusional, is almost every top 200 player's goal). In his teenage years, one school has been a consistent winner and the other has been a bottom dweller or an afterthought in the Big East. Academically, at absolute best, it's become a toss up. In terms of facilities and fans, Pitt wins in a first round knockout.

The only thing we can offer that Pitt can't is a chance to play basketball in Queens, but he wasn't apparently enamored with the possibility of playing close to home.

At some point, Monasch will figure it out.

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »
I'm not surprised at this what so ever. I think JJ will do well at Pitt and I wish him the best. Our main focus now is Jayvaughn Pinkston.

Per Adam Zagoria, "6-8 forward Jayvaughn Pinkston of Bishop Loughlin still evaluating and may sign late.  Uncertain on his plans.  Villanova leads.  Stay tuned."

kob24

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »
just from me talkin to them this is the order
1. want to experience a crazy college life
2. want to play for a winner
3. want the best gear
4. exposure as far as getting to the pros
5. they are influenced by other people
6. the women
7. the women
8. leaving home

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 06:39:25 PM »

Exactly!!!!! I have been saying that for the longest!! Winning will turn the recruiting tide in our favor...we will not get every f_ckin recruit but we will get our share.