OBAMA Halloween SPOOF

• 24 replies
Re: OBAMA Halloween SPOOF
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 10:38:59 PM »
I really don't think that you're in touch with reality at this point. Poverty can be an awful, awful cycle that lasts generations.  Think about it:

You are born into a family that is already in poverty, living in a very rough area in the country with possibly an unstable family.  Because the area is in a rough area, the public school system is pretty poor.  Go to public grade and middle school, but the education there is poor, so when you try and get into a private high school with a scholarship or financial aid, it doesn't happen and you get turned down.  Then go to public high school, where once again the education is awfully poor, and because of your educational background, there's a good chance that either the grades won't be very good, and even if your grades are pretty to very good, colleges may frown upon it because it's an urban public school with low academic standards.  Add that to the fact that you probably won't get a good SAT score because the SAT is all about $$ and the amount of $$ used on preparation (there are several studies that prove this) and suddenly you find yourself in community college and because of your background of being in a poor educational environment, you have mediocre grades in in ther 2 year school and even if you don't, your family can't afford to send you to a four year college, leading to a job that doesn't pay much.  And the cycle starts all over gain...

This is happening to millions of families across the country.  

Have you ever heard of the military?  Spare me the generations of being poor and the cycles.  99% of the poor in the country were physically qualified to be in the military. I don't know what the term is, probably somewhere between 3-5 years, but you come out with paid training and then get college paid for and can even take college classes while you are enlisted.

CYCLE OVER. 

I guess the relatively high chance of dying isn't enough of an excuse...Curse those who actually want to live! Argh.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 11:13:35 PM »
I really don't think that you're in touch with reality at this point. Poverty can be an awful, awful cycle that lasts generations.  Think about it:

You are born into a family that is already in poverty, living in a very rough area in the country with possibly an unstable family.  Because the area is in a rough area, the public school system is pretty poor.  Go to public grade and middle school, but the education there is poor, so when you try and get into a private high school with a scholarship or financial aid, it doesn't happen and you get turned down.  Then go to public high school, where once again the education is awfully poor, and because of your educational background, there's a good chance that either the grades won't be very good, and even if your grades are pretty to very good, colleges may frown upon it because it's an urban public school with low academic standards.  Add that to the fact that you probably won't get a good SAT score because the SAT is all about $$ and the amount of $$ used on preparation (there are several studies that prove this) and suddenly you find yourself in community college and because of your background of being in a poor educational environment, you have mediocre grades in in ther 2 year school and even if you don't, your family can't afford to send you to a four year college, leading to a job that doesn't pay much.  And the cycle starts all over gain...

This is happening to millions of families across the country.  

Have you ever heard of the military?  Spare me the generations of being poor and the cycles.  99% of the poor in the country were physically qualified to be in the military. I don't know what the term is, probably somewhere between 3-5 years, but you come out with paid training and then get college paid for and can even take college classes while you are enlisted.

CYCLE OVER. 

I guess the relatively high chance of dying isn't enough of an excuse...Curse those who actually want to live! Argh.

Once again very dumb.  Statistically you stand a better chance surviving in the military than in the inner city. 

Keep coming with the excuses though!!!!!  Is that what America is becoming?  Whites like you that believe that blacks can't do anything unless whites give it to them. 

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 11:51:58 PM »
When did I ever say anything about Blacks?  Please cite this in your next post because I believe that you're putting words in my mouth.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 12:07:55 AM »
When did I ever say anything about Blacks?  Please cite this in your next post because I believe that you're putting words in my mouth.

Someone forgot to cc you on the memo that everyone living in poverty and not working hard enough is black???    ::) 

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 02:03:21 AM »

Someone forgot to cc you on the memo that everyone living in poverty and not working hard enough is black???    ::) 

No but how many poor white "rough" neighborhoods are there!! Appalachia is probably the poorest region in the country and heavily white, but I don't think anybody considers them "rough neighborhoods."  LOLOLOL  I mean do they even have neighborhoods?  Let's be real here.