Duke vs Pitt

• 15 replies
Duke vs Pitt
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:21:47 PM »
Well its great watching the garden rock with college hoops tonight. We can't get 10,000 of our fans for a big game at MSG,we don't even play that many games at MSG this year. I hate to say it as a huge SJU fan but we don't matter anymore in the hoops world. Time for change folks we can't accept this product anymore 4yrs is enough time to at least make some progress. If not lets pack it in with the big east and go to the A 10 and play with non football schools. We can make a difference, it all starts with us, remember if we accept the product we are putting out there we don't deserve to be blip on the hoops scene!!!

Re: Duke vs Pitt
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
This is a hell of a game....Jungle Radio's Game of the Week

www.johnnyjungle.com/Radio
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:27:24 PM »
Agreed, just gets me a little p!$$#@ that we can't play any games like this and makes me miss the days when we did.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:49:09 PM »
This was the best game of basketball I've watched all season. Huge shot after shot by both teams.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 09:52:37 PM »
On the other hand I just tuned into the Lakers/Cavs game and some of the worst basketball I've seen. It's just dunk after dunk no defense being played what so ever.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 12:09:57 AM »
i just got back from 2 INCREDIBLE basketball games today.  first, i trekked all the way to coney island to catch the 2 top teams in the psal plays, lincoln vs. boys&girls, in a 2OT thriller that was won by lincoln (they played the WHOLE second ot without top junior lance stephenson because of fouling out).

then i made it to the garden in time to catch the 2nd half of duke-pitt.  wow, what an environment.  ive been going to LOTS of college bball games at msg over the last 5 years or so and ive never seen it so packed and loud.  even though i had a media pass, i still went BEZERK when BROOKLYN BOY levance fields knocked down that 3.  i love that kids game ever since hs and he was having a rough game up until then. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »
that was a ballsy shot i was going nuts in front of the TV screen.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 02:07:50 AM »
How come you guys arent killing Coach K?  How can he let them comeback like that, and that last shot Scheyer took was awful. Gotta get a better look with 5 seconds left

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 02:19:08 AM »
Fire Coach K horrible loss blah blah blah. What was he thinking making those subs?

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:33:26 AM »
lolol I'm sure after every loss we can bash the losing coach

How about DeJuan Blair?? Kid is flat out nasty down low.  Imagine playing against DJ and him in high school!!  No wonder the 2 of them went 3 years or something like that without losing a game.  That coach was in basketball heaven there.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 08:42:19 AM »
lolol I'm sure after every loss we can bash the losing coach

How about DeJuan Blair?? Kid is flat out nasty down low.  Imagine playing against DJ and him in high school!!  No wonder the 2 of them went 3 years or something like that without losing a game.  That coach was in basketball heaven there.

That kid is a horse, 20 rebounds!

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »
dajuan blair looks like a clone of eltan brand.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 10:56:02 AM »
i saw blair put up 43 and 19 last year against dematha hs of maryland.  hes a rare breed. hes got the size, toughness, great hands and a nose for the ball. dixon did a phenomenal job last night with his minutes and making sure he stayed fresh for the long haul. 

coach k has a history of winning. i dont think he was ever under .500 in his career.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 11:02:28 AM »

brand looks like his father.

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »
i saw blair put up 43 and 19 last year against dematha hs of maryland.  hes a rare breed. hes got the size, toughness, great hands and a nose for the ball. dixon did a phenomenal job last night with his minutes and making sure he stayed fresh for the long haul. 

coach k has a history of winning. i dont think he was ever under .500 in his career.

When you saw Shenley in HS how did DJ play?  I like DJ's game but i wonder if he has that thing in him to be "The Guy".  For being such a good player he's always played with better players then him and i think that it makes him passive.  I was happy to see in the last game he appeared to be more aggressive and try and take over.  I know you'll blast certain things about him but the kid has a lot of talent and even more that he doesnt realize when he starts to realize what he can do in my opinion.

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 12:01:13 PM »
dj was almost exactly what he was in high school, a great rebounder and a guy that came off a lot of curl screens.  used as a wing quite a bit.  he moved awkwardly last year also but he was athletic.  schenly is a very pittsburgh-like team.  very tough and physical inside.  dejuan blair was without a doubt the best player on that team, no1 came close.