Tom Konchalski-Stith, Lawrence

• 7 replies
Tom Konchalski-Stith, Lawrence
« on: November 12, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »
Code: [Select]
<object data="http://service.twistage.com/plugins/player.swf?v=8d433a248045b&p=link" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="263" id="embedded_player"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"/><param name="movie" value="http://service.twistage.com/plugins/player.swf?v=8d433a248045b&p=link"/><param name="base" value="http://service.twistage.com"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/></object>
http://www.zagsblog.com/2008/11/12/konchalski-evaluates-big-east-recruiting/

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:57:28 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

Re: Tom Konchalski-Stith, Lawrence
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:31:32 PM »
In zagsblog noted in this post, look at blue column on left & click on St John's.Dwight Hardy signed early(Wed) with ST John's.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »
This is a 9th guy that would graduate in 2011. 

Poison

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »

Yea, the team is going to be empty in 11-12, but seriously, you take what you can get when you're Norm Roberts.
He has so few options because of his messy track record.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 04:02:26 PM »
Kind of like clearing salary cap space for future free agents ;)

Whether it's Roberts or the next coach, it will give roster flexibility, but also bring along low expectations, due to inexperience.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 04:07:48 PM »

Whether it's Roberts or the next coach, it will give roster flexibility, but also bring along low expectations, due to inexperience.

I have no doubt that 2 guys per year will transfer out the next two years clearing space and I have no problem with that.  When you're not recruiting elite kids you need to go for quantity and then filter out.  But what if they didn't?  The team would be totally f'ed up in 11/12.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 04:17:10 PM »

I have no doubt that 2 guys per year will transfer out the next two years clearing space and I have no problem with that.  When you're not recruiting elite kids you need to go for quantity and then filter out.  But what if they didn't?  The team would be totally f'ed up in 11/12.

When you have Norm as the coach every year is pretty much f'd up :)

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 04:27:10 PM »

Certainly, lots of players have transferred out of the school, but, for some reason, I don't foresee four kids transferring out of that one class. A lot of these kids seem like they'll remain here until the end- Boothe, Coker, Kennedy, Thomas, Burrell [perhaps NBA], Evans, and Horne. Hardy would only have two years of eligibility so I don't think it's likely that he would transfer with one year left. One would think if it came from any area, it would be at the 2/3-some fallout from Horne, Kennedy, Lawrence, and Hardy fighting for limited minutes.

It will likely be rough in 2011-12.