SJU vs Fordham?

• 13 replies

Poison

SJU vs Fordham?
« on: November 30, 2008, 01:22:24 PM »
we couldn't have played them? from the looks of things, we'd beat them by 30 on a bad day.

Marillac

Re: SJU vs Fordham?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »
Of all the schools in the area, Fordham is the one school we should be playing every year.  There is just no excuse for not playing Fordham.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 07:56:11 PM »
Of all the schools in the area, Fordham is the one school we should be playing every year.  There is just no excuse for not playing Fordham.

I think the excuse should be on their end. Whittenberg looked like he might have made headway with them a couple of years ago, but that died with a terrible team and 5 seniors.

We would wipe the floor with them today. I actually think we'd beat all of the area locals this year.

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »

I think the excuse should be on their end. Whittenberg looked like he might have made headway with them a couple of years ago, but that died with a terrible team and 5 seniors.

We would wipe the floor with them today. I actually think we'd beat all of the area locals this year.

I would gladly take their starting point guard Jio Fontaine over any point guard we have...

Poison

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:36:13 AM »

I would gladly take their starting point guard Jio Fontaine over any point guard we have...

If Malik Boothe was on Fordham and he took 15 shots per game, you don't think he could put up 11?

28% from the floor, and 11% from downtown. Yikes.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 12:53:39 PM »
The reason that Jio has those numbers is because he's being asked to do more than he can do.  Fordham is going to have a roughhhh year, but I really hope they stick it out with Whittenburg because he's got more good recruits coming in and they've built up a huge St. Anthony's pipeline.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »
The reason that Jio has those numbers is because he's being asked to do more than he can do.  Fordham is going to have a roughhhh year, but I really hope they stick it out with Whittenburg because he's got more good recruits coming in and they've built up a huge St. Anthony's pipeline.

I'm lost on how anyone can be supportive of how things have gone there. They haven't won a game yet, and they've played their share of patsies, too. Whittenberg bombed big time with 5 seniors last year.

As amazing as it sounds, he's worse than Roberts.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 01:36:02 PM »
-For an A-10 job, it's fairly low pressure.
-There aren't many St. Anthony's players that exceed expectations in college.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 02:49:22 PM »

28% from the floor, and 11% from downtown and you have yourself Cedric Jackson.
Actually, he wasn't that bad.

It's a low pressure job, because we are used to seeing Fordham be terrible.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »

Actually this year Ced is shooting 14% from downtown, aournd 32% overall so he's killing Jio, of course he's a senior.  Maybe last year was an aberration.

Poison

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »

Actually this year Ced is shooting 14% from downtown, aournd 32% overall so he's killing Jio, of course he's a senior.  Maybe last year was an aberration.

Boothe is killing all of them. 46% from the floor and 21% from downtown.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 10:04:59 PM »

IMO, Fordham made a huge mistake leaving the MAAC. The hiring of Bob Hill didnt exactly work out, even when he brought in playground legends Smush Parker and Adrian Walton. That whole situation blew up in their face.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 11:00:38 PM »

IMO, Fordham made a huge mistake leaving the MAAC. The hiring of Bob Hill didnt exactly work out, even when he brought in playground legends Smush Parker and Adrian Walton. That whole situation blew up in their face.

For legends, parker and walton didn't do nearly as well as hill and hamilton.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 11:03:45 PM »

For legends, parker and walton didn't do nearly as well as hill and hamilton.

Parker is the NBA though.  That is a nice consolation prize.  I thought Fordham was in the Patriot League?