Guns and shootings not only affecting St. John's Recruiting

• 16 replies
Guns and shootings not only affecting St. John's Recruiting
« on: December 25, 2007, 07:00:17 PM »
Tyreke Evans' cousin is up for first degree murder and apparently Ty was the driver in this whole thing. He hasn't been charged with anything and is cooperating with authorities but any school in PA might be out of the running for Evans as he might be best suited to move out of state because apparently this whole thing is gang related. This knocks Nova's chance at Tyreke.

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2007/12/evans-not-charg.html#more

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Guns and shootings not only affecting St. John's Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:25:43 PM »
They'll love his thug life at Seton Hall

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »
you, i and any other fan would KILL to have tyreke evans in jamaica, queens.  with that said, if tyreke knew or had anything to do with this, its a VERY stupid and potentially costly mistake.  the kid has millions of dollars waiting for him in a year and a half or so.....if he wants it.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 08:28:50 PM »
should be fun seein him at primetime shootout/baruch college.

nova nd memphis backed off.  i'm almost postive louisville did too.  they can't be havin guys like this..

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 09:07:46 PM »
those schools have to know (or think they know) something about this situation.  they wouldnt back off of a top 10 recruit if they didnt have some kind of definitive knowledge of what happened. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 09:12:23 PM »
well.  remeber. we are talking about pitino, jay wright and cal.  they don't "need" a guy like this.  as good as he is.  i doubt (haven't seen him play aside from that and1 thing) he's a super fresh like durant/oden/beasely. 

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »
well if he went to louisville, who i thought was the front runner for him, that would be a potentially major headache for pitino with him and caracter.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 10:19:28 PM »
Isn't he supposed to have 1 yr and done talent?  He can come to Queens for a year.  He hasn't been charged, and is there any indication he's got a big ego like OJ Mayo?

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 10:23:23 PM »
Isn't he supposed to have 1 yr and done talent?  He can come to Queens for a year.  He hasn't been charged, and is there any indication he's got a big ego like OJ Mayo?

I don't think we're a blip on the radar although I don't think we should touch this if he is found to be in any relation to this crime.

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 10:39:05 PM »
you, i and any other fan would KILL to have tyreke evans in jamaica, queens.  with that said, if tyreke knew or had anything to do with this, its a VERY stupid and potentially costly mistake.  the kid has millions of dollars waiting for him in a year and a half or so.....if he wants it.

Not me, I dont sweat these thugs.  But it does sound like he would KILL

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 01:27:46 AM »

how is he  a thug? please explain this to me.  he has not been identified as being connected with the crime yet.

i bet that if rob thomas were in any other high major school, you would say "i dont these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateds" based on his being illiterate 2 years ago.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 01:36:49 AM »

how is he  a thug? please explain this to me.  he has not been identified as being connected with the crime yet.

i bet that if rob thomas were in any other high major school, you would say "i dont these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateds" based on his being illiterate 2 years ago.

How is he not a thug? This is a quote that sounds about right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Tyreke he didnt know his cousin was in a gang, he didnt know his cousin shot a man, he didnt know he was supposed to stop and render aid,he didnt know to phone 911 to save a life, poor Tyreke
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:47:50 AM by JJ »

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 10:42:52 AM »

you have some messed up logic...he was the driver in a drive by shooting...please provide your definition of a thug

Thomas is battling dyslexia but you love to knock him for some reason...he's passing his classes and being a good citizen...let it go...

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »

How is he not a thug? This is a quote that sounds about right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Tyreke he didnt know his cousin was in a gang, he didnt know his cousin shot a man, he didnt know he was supposed to stop and render aid,he didnt know to phone 911 to save a life, poor Tyreke

ok marco, so if tyreke knows that his cousin is in a gang, what is he supposed to do, not consider him family anymore? and how do you know that tyreke knew that this was going to happen.  why dont you stop jumping to conclusions and realize that this is a 17 or 18 year old that may have panicked when this happened and thats why he didnt stop and phoning 911. im not saying this IS what happened but how about you wait for details to come out before jumping to conclusions.  as i said before in my first post, if it turns out that reke had anything to do with the shooting, it was a huge mistake that may cost him bigtime in his promising life.  making him out to be a thug when no charges have even been filed against him and he has no past history with anything is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 12:54:16 PM by JJ »

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 12:54:54 PM »
thats what michael vick said about his cousin....he's family yo

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 03:18:30 PM »
Vick owned the property.  He put money on that endeavor, making him complicit.  Tyreke was just driving, and if what he says is true, he's got to think twice about the folks who get into his ride, but he's NOT Ron Mexico.

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
Vick owned the property.  He put money on that endeavor, making him complicit.  Tyreke was just driving, and if what he says is true, he's got to think twice about the folks who get into his ride, but he's NOT Ron Mexico.

Well Tyreke might wind up like the equipment manager for the Pacers then
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:35:41 PM by JJ »