Crying post

• 0 replies
Crying post
« on: December 28, 2007, 10:35:10 PM »
As you can tell from my screename, even though I attended St. Johns, I do not live in the tri-state area anymore. Tonight, after talking to two friends who are HUGE St. John's fans, I decided to go find a bar in Northern Virginia and watch the St. John's game. I first went to the biggest bar in town (Leesburg, VA to be exact) where they usually get big crowds for NFL Sunday Ticket but when I got there, I learned that the most popular bar in Loudoun County, VA (which is next to Fairfax County and sits 30 minutes outside of DC) did not carry the basic sports package for Directv and therefore did not carry MSG.  So they then told me to go crosstown to TGI Fridays where they do carry Directv and during my drive I called the restaurant and they did say they carried it but when I got there, I was told they did not but they did recommend this bar callled Shenaggians which was again crosstown. So before I left, I called the bar and they did say they carried it so I made the trek in the pouring rain. As you guessed, when I got there, they lied to me and they did not carry MSG. I can forgive Fridays but two sports bars, especially the top one in town, do not carry a simple sports package which does not cost much, is pathetic. Now I know I should get Directv myself but I am a dork right now and I live with my parents because I lost a lot of money when I got unemployed and then hospitalized in West Palm Beach, FL plus I am saving money for law school. So the point of this post is to be thankful that for you St. John's fans who live in the tri-state area and appreciate the games that you can watch, even if they play bad. Also, for anyone who is ever going to live or travel to Palm Beach County, FL, go to a restaurant callled DUFFY'S SPORTS GRILL. They exist all around the county from Boca Raton to Jupiter and they carry every sports package available and that is where I used to watch St. John's games when I lived in Florida from 2004 to 2007 (Plus they have the best wings in Florida and the best burgers and baby-back ribs). I apolgize for the crying but be thankful that you can watch those games because I would love to watch every game win or lose instead of waiting for them to show up on ESPN or CBS which these days are rare.