I am not that well known but I do need your help

• 10 replies
I am not that well known but I do need your help
« on: May 24, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »
Hi, I was a St Johns student in the early part of this decade and I used to attend all the games except for winter break games when I would spend working in Palm Beach County.

I started off on this board as Virginiafan but when I moved to Riverhead, NY of February of 2008 I asked Dave to change it to Backinny mostly because its a tribute to one of my favorite bands, AC/DC.

On April 30, 2008 I was in Montauk for the day when an accident occured. I went unconsicous for 2 weeks in Southampton Hospital. I did wake up and a month later, something worse happened to me.

I was recovering on the North Fork when I got breathing problems and breathing attacks which lasted 30 minutes. I was taken to an ENT doctor in Aqueboge, NY where I was told I needed a trach.

I was then sent to Riverhead, NY where I got the trach and a month later I was sent to New York Presbyterian - Cornell in the city for a laser surgery to get rid of my tracheal stenosis and eventually, remove the trach.

After that, I waited six months in 2 nursing homes and in December, I came back to begin the weaning off the trach but it backfired and I had to get 4 more surgeries after that at NYP-Cornell and led to permanent voice loss and I now speak through an electrolarynx and I still have my trach.

In June, my doctor is going to transfer me to Mass General in Boston because there is a doctor who might be able to save my voice and make me trach-less. My tracheal stenosis or lump in my windpipe is very severe and I nearly died 3 times of it last year due to not being able to breathe.

Now to get to the point, I am desperate right now. I need every prayer that I can get that the doctor in Boston can save my voice. It is hard for me to shower with this trach and I usually end my showers in 2 minute coughing attacks.

In addition, I cannot get public housing because no place wants the liability of a mute person. I have to stay in NYC due to insurance reasons and its too much of a hassle to move back in with family

I am not the world's most intelligent poster because its hard to be a good poster for me on here when I can't watch High School games in person like I used to in college and the only local sports network I get in NYP-Cornell is YES.

This board keeps me going through my anxiety and boredom of being in the hospital over a year and my current stay at NYP being since 12-23-08. This board keeps me going and even though its mostly FIRE NORM and WHY LANCE, there is a part of me that thinks its amusing.

I am sorry to waste your time with this post but these next couple of weeks are the most important in my life and they will tell me if my disabilty can be reversed or not ever since my accident in Montauk.
In the meantime, I will try to post in the best way that I can and I am sorry if my posts are stupid but I view this site as being threapeutic to me.

Re: I am not that well known but I do need your help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:44:44 PM »
I forgot to mentioned that I am scared now, this doctor is my last hope in the US before I can go to the capital of tracheal stenosis hosptials in London and I have to save up for it.

I need every prayer I can get because prayer is what woke me up last May because I was only given a 5% chance to live. Sorry to be graphic with that stat but the point is, if your a praying man, please pray.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »
Sorry to hear this, hope everything works out for you. I will keep you in my prayers

boo3

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 06:47:40 PM »
  Keep the faith my friend!!

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »
Hi, I was a St Johns student in the early part of this decade and I used to attend all the games except for winter break games when I would spend working in Palm Beach County.

I started off on this board as Virginiafan but when I moved to Riverhead, NY of February of 2008 I asked Dave to change it to Backinny mostly because its a tribute to one of my favorite bands, AC/DC.

On April 30, 2008 I was in Montauk for the day when an accident occured. I went unconsicous for 2 weeks in Southampton Hospital. I did wake up and a month later, something worse happened to me.

I was recovering on the North Fork when I got breathing problems and breathing attacks which lasted 30 minutes. I was taken to an ENT doctor in Aqueboge, NY where I was told I needed a trach.

I was then sent to Riverhead, NY where I got the trach and a month later I was sent to New York Presbyterian - Cornell in the city for a laser surgery to get rid of my tracheal stenosis and eventually, remove the trach.

After that, I waited six months in 2 nursing homes and in December, I came back to begin the weaning off the trach but it backfired and I had to get 4 more surgeries after that at NYP-Cornell and led to permanent voice loss and I now speak through an electrolarynx and I still have my trach.

In June, my doctor is going to transfer me to Mass General in Boston because there is a doctor who might be able to save my voice and make me trach-less. My tracheal stenosis or lump in my windpipe is very severe and I nearly died 3 times of it last year due to not being able to breathe.

Now to get to the point, I am desperate right now. I need every prayer that I can get that the doctor in Boston can save my voice. It is hard for me to shower with this trach and I usually end my showers in 2 minute coughing attacks.

In addition, I cannot get public housing because no place wants the liability of a mute person. I have to stay in NYC due to insurance reasons and its too much of a hassle to move back in with family

I am not the world's most intelligent poster because its hard to be a good poster for me on here when I can't watch High School games in person like I used to in college and the only local sports network I get in NYP-Cornell is YES.

This board keeps me going through my anxiety and boredom of being in the hospital over a year and my current stay at NYP being since 12-23-08. This board keeps me going and even though its mostly FIRE NORM and WHY LANCE, there is a part of me that thinks its amusing.

I am sorry to waste your time with this post but these next couple of weeks are the most important in my life and they will tell me if my disabilty can be reversed or not ever since my accident in Montauk.
In the meantime, I will try to post in the best way that I can and I am sorry if my posts are stupid but I view this site as being threapeutic to me.

I'm going to look at the bright side here and try and cheer you up. If you tried talking this whole post of yours insead of typing it you might have died. Just f'ing with you and trying to make you laugh :):)

Seriously though, you are definitely in my prayers now and I'm moving you right ahead of praying that Norm gets fired on my prayer list.

Sorry I cant move you ahead of my Alba threesome prayer but being ahead of Norm is a pretty huge move.

Best of luck to you. I pray everything works out for you.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:22:42 PM »
You will be in my prayers.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 10:14:01 PM »
I don't pray, but I hope you get better.  You just have to do your best with whatever hand life gives you.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 11:20:33 PM »
You will be in my prayers....best of luck to you and stay strong.

kjd01067

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »
You're in my prayers

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »
You're in my prayers, best of luck to you.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 06:36:11 PM »
This post was not a waste of time , I wish you all the best.Get well soon
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"