ESPN Rise: At work on the court

• 8 replies
ESPN Rise: At work on the court
« on: June 24, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »
Hey guys,  Here's my third article I've done for ESPN Rise.  It is about what high school basketball players do during the summer.  I would appreciate any feedback on the article and how I can improve.

Thanks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/news/story?id=4279974

Re: ESPN Rise: At work on the court
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »
Good  article and I like how the video tied it in with the NBA guys Charlie V. , Devin Harris & Blake. It connected the circle pros, college HS
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:33:59 AM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

boo3

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
  nice work!   you should be proud.

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 04:22:37 PM »
Great job Classof2013.  I hope the editors of the St. John's paper are reading!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:31:59 PM »
thanks everybody.  i have another big article coming up.  this one features a former st. john's player. stay tuned.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »
thanks everybody.  i have another big article coming up.  this one features a former st. john's player. stay tuned.

Keep it up, Dylan.  You obviously have enough talent, but your drive seems to be your best asset.  I can't believe how many kids that wanted to be sports writers in college that didn't even attempt to join the school paper or work at one of the local papers.  You'll have a leg up on them.

I'm sure there are some alumni on here that could get you in touch with some of the STJ grads doing well in the field like O'connell from the AP. 

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 02:54:46 AM »

Keep it up, Dylan.  You obviously have enough talent, but your drive seems to be your best asset.  I can't believe how many kids that wanted to be sports writers in college that didn't even attempt to join the school paper or work at one of the local papers.  You'll have a leg up on them.

I'm sure there are some alumni on here that could get you in touch with some of the STJ grads doing well in the field like O'connell from the AP.

I agree, good stuff random. Keep it up junior, maybe someday we will be reading your stuff in SI

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »
thanks everybody, i really apperciate it.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »
Nice job man, you've come a long way in the last few years. Keep up the excellent work, and good luck when you start school!

apperciate?
I know, it's Dave's fault for not installing a spell checker!   LOL
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:25:23 PM by redstormhoopsfan »