Mason Jr?

• 47 replies
Re: Mason Jr?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 11:13:55 AM »
If you look at the quotes on Redstormsports Linfonte said it could be another 3 weeks but this is all pending MRI and Xrays as they couldn't tell with the swelling
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »
Norm do not bring him back before the Big East Schedule starts !!!  Bring him back for Jan. 2 at Cuse.  Let him get back to 100% and dont bring him back before he is 100%.   We can get through the next 5 or 6 games without him but we cannot get through the BE schedule without him.  Rest up Mase!  Prayin all those tests come back negative

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 11:42:43 AM »
On a side note to all the injury talk did anyone notice Mase going to his left more? I don't know if this was do to the fact he didn't want to cut and plant off his left ankle or whether indeed he has been working on his left handed dribbling in the offseason.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 11:54:37 AM »
red even if rob is healthy to go in the niagara game

i dont think he will play major minutes especially with what just happened with mase

plus do you think rob will be ready to actually make an impact right away i think its going to take him until conference play to get into a grove and be the scoring machine he once was

Who knows what the kid needs to get ready? None of us have seen him in a game situation at this level.

Maybe he doesn't need time to get into a groove. Like Mason does. Maybe he's ready. We'll see.

Bingo... if RT is anywhere near 100% he IS going to put the ball in the hoop imo... it's the defensive end that could be a problem. Let's just hope that EL, Wright, Jas & "the great 8" can hold down the fort 'till Mase gets back.. ;D .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Poison

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 12:23:21 PM »
Norm do not bring him back before the Big East Schedule starts !!!  Bring him back for Jan. 2 at Cuse.  Let him get back to 100% and dont bring him back before he is 100%.   We can get through the next 5 or 6 games without him but we cannot get through the BE schedule without him.  Rest up Mase!  Prayin all those tests come back negative

So far we haven't been able to get through the big east schedule with him. He's a role plaer. It's a loss, but not that big of a deal.

kjd01067

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 12:38:08 PM »

So far we haven't been able to get through the big east schedule with him. He's a role plaer. It's a loss, but not that big of a deal.

Are you kidding me ???  We lose Mase for the season we are going nowhere!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »
We haven't been able to get through the Big East schedule with... Hamilton and Patterson taking shots next to Mason, and the offense as a stand-around affair.  We don't know what the team will look like with him, but a 6'7" athlete who can get his own (sometimes sporadic) shot?  Who isn't a freshman?  Who is enough of a threat from outside that he should be guarded?  I don't think he's a world-beater (or maybe he'll have improved) but you can't say this isn't a loss.  At least until after the next 5 games.  If this team can win most of the out of conference matchups (with middle of the pack teams... Georgia?  Hawaii? yawn), then I'll feel better about Mason's unavailability (if that's a word).

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 12:41:14 PM »
Poison I think Mase is more than just a role player. He isn't just a dunker like Ryan Williams, I think he can create his own shot being so lanky he is a tough cover and I think he adds to this team being a solid rebounder too. He did look bigger out on the court than last year.

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 02:29:54 PM »
peter, it looks like norm is actually running an offense this year.  i think what happened last year is that after the maryland game, norm threw in the towel and decided to keep using up the shot clock in order to keep the score low and the johnnies within a few possessions in order to give sju a shot to win the tougher games.  while i THOROUGHLY disagree with what he did last year, i think this year he has more trust (and rightfully so) in the talent on the roster. we'll see.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »

We had him last year, and we went nowhere.

redstorm32

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 06:53:21 PM »
mase wasnt a big part of the team last year

the offense revolved around hamilton and patterson and geno was terrible

not too mention avery was a chucker and was terrible

st johns last year because the team wasnt that good not because mase is a role player

stop hating on mase, st johns and coach roberts

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 02:06:59 AM »

Are u really THIS insane poison?.. ;D .. In case u missed it Mason aveaged over 16 & 6 over his last eight games last year. And was going to average at LEAST that this season. Horne is a "roll player" not Mase. Stop the NONSENSE already.. ::) .. peace!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 03:40:55 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Poison

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 10:05:17 AM »

Are u really THIS insane poison?.. ;D .. In case u missed it Mason aveaged over 16 & 6 over his last eight games last year. And was going to average at LEAST that this season. Horne is a "roll player" not Mase. Stop the NONSENSE already.. ::) .. peace!

You had better get used to Horne being more than a role player because Mason Jr may not come for quite a while.
I've said it before, Norm could have kept Mase out for the LIU game, but it's not Norm's ankle.

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 10:30:01 AM »

Amen

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 11:58:57 AM »
Mason's ankle was fine to play against LIU, poison. Are you suggesting he shouldn't play if he is healthy? Come on stop drinking the haterade. We can hash on this for days lets focus on Miami...New Calm Before the Storm is up with a new look

Poison

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 12:02:34 PM »
Mason's ankle was fine to play against LIU, poison. Are you suggesting he shouldn't play if he is healthy? Come on stop drinking the haterade. We can hash on this for days lets focus on Miami...New Calm Before the Storm is up with a new look

No haterade here. Mason had no business being on the court at all. Not just because he was terrible, but because he wasn't 100%.
Did we really need him to beat the likes of LIU?

What I'm going to focus on is our new starting small forward. The best one we've had since Lavor Postell.

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »
I disagree I think it was important to get him onto the court before Miami to tune up. If Larry doesn't get hurt early, Mase plays less. # of Factors to why Mase got 20 min instead of 10-15.

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »
and none of those factors had anything to do with him landing on another kid's foot.

Silly to respond to Poison's kind of nonsense. It's the same stuff that poisoned (lol  though not by him) beb. Everyone spends all their time trying to argue against absurdities.

The truth is, Norm really doesn't like AM and doesn't want him playing, so he conspired with the medical staff to give AM a clean bill of health and then set up a play for Burrell and DJ to miss putbacks and AM to get it. He then planned with LIU for a player to stick his foot where AM would land injure the ankle that really wasn't healed to begin with because of the conspiracy.

I actually knew all this ahead of time but was sworn to secrecy by Paris...

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 01:22:03 PM »
beb may be "poisoned"...but you addicts can't stay away. :-* :-*

as far as mase...he needed to play.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »
and none of those factors had anything to do with him landing on another kid's foot.

Silly to respond to Poison's kind of nonsense. It's the same stuff that poisoned (lol  though not by him) beb. Everyone spends all their time trying to argue against absurdities.

The truth is, Norm really doesn't like AM and doesn't want him playing, so he conspired with the medical staff to give AM a clean bill of health and then set up a play for Burrell and DJ to miss putbacks and AM to get it. He then planned with LIU for a player to stick his foot where AM would land injure the ankle that really wasn't healed to begin with because of the conspiracy.

I actually knew all this ahead of time but was sworn to secrecy by Paris...

funny stuff jac..  8) .. FYI - newsie/krusty, i RARELY visit that dump at all anymore. and the ONLY reason i did recently was because i was alerted by a fellow poster here that the "almighty" Maven(and his "butt-boy" PMG..lol) was takin' cheap-shots at me again..  ::) .. the place is PATHETIC folks.. btw - can't wait for the next BOGUS "exclusive" as well. Those are always good for a laugh..  ;) .. peace!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:12:30 PM by oldred10 »