Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY - FORDHAM

• 155 replies
Re: Ryan Rhoomes - F - Cardozo HS - Queens, NY
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2010, 04:26:04 PM »
KOB what with all the riddle me this post??

paultzman

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »
Easy to speculate supporters of Ryan may have reservations about how big men are utilized under Norm, based on what they see in Justin's case. Thus, why would you be anxious to see another one of your kids go to that program. Not speaking for KOB, but sharing my sense of things. Sorry!

kob24

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2010, 05:26:24 PM »
rhoomes was never going to commit early. he didnt take any visits yet.

kob24

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2010, 05:31:42 PM »
they not riddles im doing things as i post.yall keep saying ron once again ms. rhoomes is in control. if she wants him here he will be here if not he wont. but u can be damn sure that I am going to have him take all of his visits. before commiting any where. so all that commiting early is way way way way way way way way way way off

gonzalo

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2010, 02:10:50 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/05/23/ryan-rhoomes-drawing-interest/

Ryan Rhoomes is one of the latest New York-area high school stars headed out of the metropolitan area for prep school.

The 6-foot-8, 210-pound Rhoomes out of Cardozo High in Queens will head to New Hampton (N.H.) in August to play for head coach Peter Hutchins.

“I just wanted him to slow down, regroup, get his grades right and start working on himself,” said Aretha Rhoomes, Ryan’s mother.

“He needs to prepare. He’s still young, 17. When school starts in September he’ll just be turning 18. He needs a year to get himself together.”
Rhoomes continues a trend of New York-area stars leaving for out-of-state schools.

Former St. Ray’s stars Omari Lawrence and Kevin Parrom both departed for South Kent (Conn.) before going to college. Doron Lamb left Brooklyn’s Bishop Loughlin for Oak Hill and ultimately chose Kentucky. J.J. Moore (Brentwood, N.Y.) and Russell Smith (Briarwood, N.Y.) also chose to go to South Kent. Angel Nunez of Harlem is now at Notre Dame Prep (Mass.) after leaving the Winchendon (Mass.) School. And Sidiki Johnson of Harlem will spend next year at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy after spending last season at St. Benedict’s Prep.

Rhoomes has only played basketball since eighth grade, yet dropped a team-high 26 points and 10 rebounds when the City Team lost to the Suburban Team, 137-133, in last month’s Jordan Brand Regional Game.

Aretha, who works as a warrant officer in Middletown, N.Y., is handling her son’s recruitment. She says she’s received calls of interest from Virginia, Temple, Marquette, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Memphis, Kentucky, Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Louisville and Colorado.

Asked if he had any favorites, Ryan said, “No, not really.”

“Ryan has none,” Aretha added. “If he has any [favorite], he’s not saying anything.”

New Hampton has produced some talented players in recent years, including Chris Gaston, who attended St. Anthony and St. Benedict’s before prepping at New Hampton and ultimately becoming the Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year at Fordham.

kob24

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2010, 02:13:35 AM »
told yall he wasnt going to south kent

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »
lol yea we have a "prep" school in my town. I've yet to find the building but I've met several players I mean students who attend there.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

gonzalo

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/29667236827[/tweet]

Ryan Rhoomes '11, a 6'8 forward from New York, has officially been enrolled at NIA Prep (NJ) for a few weeks now, according to a source.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 01:15:27 PM by Dave »

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/29684319907[/tweet]

lol

Moose

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2010, 03:09:52 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/29684319907[/tweet]

lol

That kid hears a lot of crap from others.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:25:02 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

kob24

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »
blame his mom

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »
I went to Cardozo, I know coach Naclerio very well...I'll try and get some info if I can

Re: Ryan Rhoomes - F - NIA Prep - Queens, NY
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2010, 11:30:35 PM »
I changed the title of this thread as Rhoomes is at NIA Prep in NJ

Marillac

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2010, 12:44:25 AM »
I'd rather not see this name again to be honest.  This is a holdover from a different period.  We have moved well past taking kids like this.  This would be a kid that the old staff would be begging to come here, but he wouldn't sniff the court with the class we have.

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 10:43:36 AM »
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-1105/now-at-nia-prep-schools-calling-about-ryan-rhoomes-nia-pg-david-joseph-set-to-impress/

NIA Prep picked up a big addition to it’s line-up recently when New York city native Ryan Rhoomes transferred into Alif Muhammad’s Prep program in Newark (NJ). Rhoomes, a former star at Cardozo High School in Bayside (NY) had left the area and enrolled at St. Stanislaus College Prep in Bay St. Louis (MS), but returns to the area to play for coach Rudy King on a team already featuring Cincinnati-commit Shaquille Thomas, Kelvin Amayo and David Joseph, among others.

Rhoomes fills a much needed void on the NIA Prep basketball roster with Marshall-commit Jamir Hanner deciding to finish his prep career at Notre Dame Prep.

“We’re glad to have him,” Alif Muhammad told NBE’s Matt Whitfield. “It hurt with Jamir [leaving], it put a hole in our lineup.”

The 6-foot-8 PF/C kind of fell off the recruiting map in recent months. After scoring an impressive 26 points in the Jordan All-Star Classic Regional Game last April, Rhoomes looked poised to become a hot commodity on the recruiting trail this summer as he decided to re-class to allow himself to develop and for his game to mature another year before college. Usually a staple with the NY Panthers program under the guidance of Gary Charles, Rhoomes left that program and was not seen during the summer until a brief appearance with a team in Memphis. Now back on the east coast and the word out, schools are making inquiries to his status.

“For Ryan I got calls from Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Manhattan and Iowa State just today,” Muhammad said on Thursday.

Muhammad expects more teams to express interest now that they know where to find him again and coaches will have a chance to see Rhoomes in action often as NIA Prep plays a very challenging schedule. Included in that schedule is the Kiski Tip Off Tournament (11/12 – 11/14) and the upcoming National Prep Schowcase at Albertus Magnus College in New Haven (CT) from November 19-21.

“My understanding is Pittsburgh was in the picture, a lot of Big East [schools], Virginia Tech [and more],” said Muhammad.

Even with some new interest and upcoming chances for more exposure, do not expect this recruiting process to end anytime soon.

“Kid is going to take his time, wants to stay [in the] Northeast and play,” Muhammad said.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »
Ryan Rhoomes (Nia Prep)- One of the best available big-men remaining in the class of 2011, Rhoomes ran the floor well on Saturday, caught the ball in traffic, and finished with authority through contact.  In addition to his power and toughness around the rim, the 6’9” forward used polished footwork on several occasions to slide past defenders and create positive scoring angles for himself in tight spaces.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/1746/Hoop-Mountain-Prep-Classic-Saturday-Recap.php

Wods317

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2010, 08:40:52 PM »
Are we still recruiting Rhoomes? He sounds like a solid player and we could use another big man in this class. Unless we are holding the scholarship for 2012 he would seem like a good option for us.