Shark week

• 14 replies
Shark week
« on: August 03, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
Scary yo.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Re: Shark week
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 05:17:51 PM »
LOL...just back back from Panama and swam in the Pacific. Enoyed the beach but did not go out to far. Currents were mad strong.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »
I live everyday like its shark week.

I look forward to shark week every year. Its awesome watching it in HD now too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:15:34 PM »
Scary yo.
that's why I only swim in pools

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »
I am afraid swimming in the ocean, but I am fearless scuba diving.  I think it has to do with not being able to see the f*ckers.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 03:10:42 PM »
I am afraid swimming in the ocean, but I am fearless scuba diving.  I think it has to do with not being able to see the f*ckers.

pssy

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »

pssy

LOL

LJSA

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 01:08:07 AM »
Stinson Beach, a beach a short drive north of me, has a huge sign in the parking lot warning people of "mature great whites" in the water, and people still go in anyway. You couldn't pay me enough to swim there.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 11:51:53 AM »
Stinson Beach, a beach a short drive north of me, has a huge sign in the parking lot warning people of "mature great whites" in the water, and people still go in anyway. You couldn't pay me enough to swim there.

Havent there been a bunch of shark attacks there over the years ? At least I think that's the place that was listed as one of the most dangerous beaches or something like that or maybe I'm thinking of an australian beach.

No way in heck you'd ever see me in that water even up to my knees

LJSA

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 12:59:42 PM »

Havent there been a bunch of shark attacks there over the years ? At least I think that's the place that was listed as one of the most dangerous beaches or something like that or maybe I'm thinking of an australian beach.

No way in heck you'd ever see me in that water even up to my knees

There have definitely been a lot of sightings/attacks both there and at another beach right near there, so I'm sure it's made a few lists. I remember seeing it on an online Forbes list and I think it was top 5. They definitely have 16-18 footers hanging out in less than 20 feet of water, and people still surf there, for some f-ing insane reason.

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 01:36:45 PM »
Heard Jaws 5 is bein film down in the Far Rockaway. Producers goin for an urban feel.

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 01:46:56 PM »
There is a beach in Australia where they have insane surf but a lot of sharks. There are signs of sharks and you'll see them but dudes will move over 20 yards and paddle out. Thats a little too insane for me. I've seen sharks up close before fishing and I've been in the water surfing and seen them offshore but never getting too close. It's rare though and I haven't seen one since at least high school in the water when I've been out. An attack in Spring Lake a beach near my house was featured on the first night of shark week in the documentary series.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 02:04:30 PM »
Jelly fish is worst than sharks in Australia yo.
Them ugly suckers have mo venom in them than like 100 snakes.
Paralyze you and y'all drown. Serious. Aint no joke. Was told back in the day on a tour.

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »
My only shark experience was seeing a 9-10' shark when my rented jet ski failed right off of Key West, which, due to its location, can get deep very quickly. My sister flew off of the back. Mercifully, the engine restarted weakly and I went over to grab her. We eventually made it back to the other side of the island and gave it back to the renter. The next day I went back out there, but she decided to stay on the beach.

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 09:08:56 PM »