Dashawn Suber - G - Rice HS - Spring Valley, NY

• 35 replies

boo3

Re: Dashawn Suber - G - Rice HS - Spring Valley, NY
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 05:28:26 PM »
People were saying the same thing about Darrick Wood. You never know, some people have the work ethic to improve & become big east caliber players. I'm not saying he will but it doesn't hurt to show some interest

Wood isn't a BE player yet. He has potential and athleticism like Paris Horne. Suber is completely different. He's a good kid but he'd be better suited for the MAAC and maybe top out at CAA.

Iona?

MCNPA

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »
People were saying the same thing about Darrick Wood. You never know, some people have the work ethic to improve & become big east caliber players. I'm not saying he will but it doesn't hurt to show some interest

Wood isn't a BE player yet. He has potential and athleticism like Paris Horne. Suber is completely different. He's a good kid but he'd be better suited for the MAAC and maybe top out at CAA.

Dave is right.  Wood needs to sure up his shot and gain some weight.  He has phenomenal length and absolutely elite athleticism though.  THose things you can't teach.  Loves to get out on the break. Needs a bit more control with the ball in his hands making good decisions, but a year at Bridgton should help that quite a bit.  He's still a top 100 kid with a lot of upside from what I've seen. 

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »

Iona?

5th on depth chart at Iona

Moose

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »

Iona?

5th on depth chart at Iona

Your funny.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 11:51:50 PM »

Dave is right.  Wood needs to sure up his shot and gain some weight.  He has phenomenal length and absolutely elite athleticism though.  THose things you can't teach.  Loves to get out on the break. Needs a bit more control with the ball in his hands making good decisions, but a year at Bridgton should help that quite a bit.  He's still a top 100 kid with a lot of upside from what I've seen.

Not many are ready for this league right away. I've never even heard of him until the other day so I cant comment on his play but my point is that people improve. The big east probably is a stretch for him but you can never count out the determination & heart of somebody

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:36 AM »

Not many are ready for this league right away. I've never even heard of him until the other day so I cant comment on his play but my point is that people improve. The big east probably is a stretch for him but you can never count out the determination & heart of somebody

You can however determine how some guys will physically destroy other guys. It's hard to count anyone out especially when you're thinking like a fan but reality is that some guys belong while others don't. Now there are cases where guys who don't belong wind up being better players in the end because they were able to blossom in an environment that was suitable for them. It's the beauty of college sports.

ie: Freshman Sean Grennan of Seton Hall is a damn good basketball player. He can shoot the ball as good as anyone out there and has insane amount of confidence that he can beat anyone. I love the kid to pieces however he's a few inches short for the 2 and a few steps too slow defensively for Big East. If he drops down to NEC he could be All-League player there where as Seton Hall he may never see the floor become frustrated and transfer.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 07:34:46 AM »
What happened to Suber? Where is he now?

Moose

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 08:30:01 AM »

Why? Do you want him for Iona?

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 08:31:55 AM »
I think he's at Lincoln now but not 100% sure.

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 08:54:18 AM »

Yo moose, beach bum is already the Baldi fan club president

Moose

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »

I was there way before him.  Remember that :)
Suber isn't close to a BCS conference level player.

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 11:01:24 AM »

I was there way before him.  Remember that :)
Suber isn't close to a BCS conference level player.

True and True. Lincoln by the way
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 09:53:10 PM »
saw him play against thomas jefferson and i was really not impressed no way could he handle the roc here!
did have speed! but to sum it up not as fast as jevon and a throwback to the norm days !!!!!
we would be better off with a JC player who can contribute right away. I think if he goes JC he would fare like Mike Taylor or worse. 

Moose

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2013, 08:15:39 PM »
Where did this kid go?

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »
Where did this kid go?

Moose, we are busting you out! Soon you will be researching whereabouts of Trevonte Bloodman
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:19:39 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
Way too much time on his hands!