Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - VILLANOVA

• 284 replies
Re: Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2009, 12:18:27 AM »
we were JP's #1 choice, a virtual lock.  now we are in the middle of the race.

How are we middle of the pack now? What do you base this off of? Your own opinion?

I don't think the rapport we've built with Jayvaughn is suddenly lost. It's not like Kimani was fired or left on bad terms with St. John's.

everything i heard, from everybody -- not just one or two people, was pinkston was a LOCK to st john's.  honestly, if we got lance i was going to be pretty excited because with pinkston the next year, it would have been two top NYC players in a row.   

now, we're in the middle of the pack and competing against schools like louisville.   he couldn't even cut his list down to 10 schools this week.  he's wide open.  before we were his clear cut #1..

Can you be more specific than everybody? Who's everybody? Everybody in your cafeteria? Everybody who is sitting in the bleachers at games? Everybody at church? Everybody who posts on another message board?

I'm not disputing what you say but I'm questioning the credibility of this because rumors and hearsay spread all the time and change all the time.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2009, 02:07:07 AM »
There is no such thing as a LOCK...What if Norm and the team have a terrible year and he gets fired....no such thing as locks when it comes to college basketball and 18 year olds.

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2009, 02:32:39 AM »
There is no such thing as a LOCK...What if Norm and the team have a terrible year and he gets fired....no such thing as locks when it comes to college basketball and 18 year olds.

at times there is.  it seemed as if as long as young was there JP was going too.

gonzalo

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2009, 03:58:42 AM »

at times there is.  it seemed as if as long as young was there JP was going too.

Look what Omari Lawrence said about St. John´s on February 2008:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2008/02/25/2008-02-25_highpressure_storm_norm_roberts_feels_he.html?page=1

"A game like that makes it hard to consider them," Lawrence said. "They didn't stay energetic. They got stagnant. Maybe it's just too early in the process for things to be different. I want to produce and play and win on a high stage. They are on a high stage, but don't win."

Obviously we were a non-lock about Lawrence at that moment and then what happened?

It is very normal that there will be changes on their opinions.

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2009, 12:10:09 PM »
Quote from: gonzalo link=topic=414.msg31150#msg31150

Obviously we were a non-lock about Lawrence at that moment and then what happened?

Norm hired his AAU coach lol. That's what happened.

peter edit: I closed quite tags
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:00:39 PM by peter »
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
http://www.hoopscooponline.com/visitors/free-visitors.html

Speaking of Pinkston, it looks like we have the scoop on our New York City Editor Ron Naclerio, as we have a very reliable source who is now telling us that our top ranked junior in NYC plans to follow in the footsteps of his former high school teammate 6'3 Jr Doron Lamb and transfer from Brooklyn (Bishop Loughlin) NY to Mouth of Wilson (Oak Hill) VA next year.

gonzalo

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/05/17/weekend-recruiting-update/

While Born Ready shined with his 22 points, he pretty much took a backseat to Jayvaughn Pinkston, the Bishop Loughlin class of 2010 manchild, as the game’s best player. Pinkston scored in the range of 30 points and showed why he is a force to be reckoned with.

Following the game, NBE caught up with New Heights coach, former St. John’s assistant Kimani Young for an update on Pinkston.

“I would say he is a Big East player,” Young remarked.

Young informed NBE that Pinkston has been on several unofficial visits to St. John’s and the Redstorm would likely be considered a strong leader for his services. Villanova and a ‘bunch of others’ are also involved.

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 10:14:36 AM »
DE-JAVU

Poison

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »

While Born Ready shined with his 22 points, he pretty much took a backseat to Jayvaughn Pinkston, the Bishop Loughlin class of 2010 manchild, as the game’s best player. Pinkston scored in the range of 30 points and showed why he is a force to be reckoned with.

Following the game, NBE caught up with New Heights coach, former St. John’s assistant Kimani Young for an update on Pinkston.

Young informed NBE that Pinkston has been on several unofficial visits to St. John’s and the Redstorm would likely be considered a strong leader for his services. Villanova and a ‘bunch of others’ are also involved.

I thought Kimani Young resigned. Hope he's doing well.

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2009, 11:36:51 AM »
I was at iS8 on Saturday and Pinkston was OUTSTANDING.  I've seen him play about 15-20 times already and this was the best game I've seen him play.  He has picked it up considerably as of late and is starting to reach his potential.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »

I thought Kimani Young resigned. Hope he's doing well.

He resigned from his position at St. john's but is back at his old position (Athletic Director and coach) of New Heights.

kob24

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »
make kimani and oz coaches.

Poison

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2009, 06:15:49 PM »
make kimani and oz coaches.

I would. So much of success has to do with your talent level.
And clearly without Oz, we don't get Omari.

kob24

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »
and there shall be more to come

« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »
if norm is let go, is cross here to stay?

LJSA

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 12:40:54 AM »
The next coach would be wise to keep him around.

pmg911

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 02:51:11 PM »
I was at iS8 on Saturday and Pinkston was OUTSTANDING.  I've seen him play about 15-20 times already and this was the best game I've seen him play.  He has picked it up considerably as of late and is starting to reach his potential.

Curious..   did he play out on the wing or was he playing down low..?

kob24

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »
He played outside in

gonzalo

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2009, 02:20:24 AM »
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=948868

Jayvaughn Pinkston- You have to love the physical and competitive play of Pinkston, and a lot of schools are after the 6-foot-6 combo forward.

Presently St. John's, Marquette, Villanova, Arizona and Tennessee are at the top of his list with St. John's being his favorite.