Dwayne Polee Jr. - PF - Los Angeles, CA - Westchester Senior HS - ST. JOHN'S

• 152 replies
Ron Roberts still available?

kob24

nope

sjd8886

Ron Roberts still available?

oh, is the sky falling again?

Polee will make an announcement sometime next week. UGA is out of the picture. I wouldn't worry much about Oregon more or less a desperation attempt.

Also my apologies for being m.i.a lately. I've been busy I'll post more as the situation unfolds.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

e
Polee will make an announcement sometime next week. UGA is out of the picture. I wouldn't worry much about Oregon more or less a desperation attempt.

Also my apologies for being m.i.a lately. I've been busy I'll post more as the situation unfolds.

I have faith in Lavin.  I had none in Norm, but Lavin is a different breed.  Oregon has great facilities and that scares me--so does the proximity to his home and the chance to play a handful of games there--but Polee was enamored with NY and I think he is ours. We are the better team and the better program.

I just wonder where Dunlalp fits in to all of this.  We can't be naive enough to think that Dunlap didn't, at the very least, tip off somebody within the program of the lack fo competition for Polee .

mkras99

So who would you worry about then?  And if it's a desperation attempt, it's at least one that's gotten his interest, as he's visiting.

So who would you worry about then?  And if it's a desperation attempt, it's at least one that's gotten his interest, as he's visiting.

I wouldn't really worry is my point.  ;)

Anyone else think this kid isnt coming?

Marillac

If it were Norm, I'd say definitely.  We are dealing with a different kind of closer now, though.

I do think it's fishy that Oregon could name a coach and within a few hours delay this kid's decision.  Altman is from the midwest and Creighton wasn't even involved with him. 

Who from Oregon was staying in contact with Polee?  Who notified Altman that Polee was still available despite the fact he was announcing the day Altmann got hired? 

Dulap?  Nike people? 

If it were Norm, I'd say definitely.  We are dealing with a different kind of closer now, though.

I do think it's fishy that Oregon could name a coach and within a few hours delay this kid's decision.  Altman is from the midwest and Creighton wasn't even involved with him. 

Who from Oregon was staying in contact with Polee?  Who notified Altman that Polee was still available despite the fact he was announcing the day Altmann got hired? 

Dulap?  Nike people?

Maybe his pops, who wants out of USC and onto bigger things at Nike?

Why would he want to come play in Queens when they have the new place at Oregon? And I dont think kids give a rats arse about playing at MSG.

boo3

The Pac 10 blows.  Nike money is scary.  I won't lose sleep if we lose this kid.  Remember Ryan Williams? 

Poison

Dave, do you know something that we don't?
Are we already after someone else?

i'd worry.

the ncaa has zero integrity when it comes to these things.  they'll pick on the aau while wearing knee pads around nike people.

then there are the 20 ncaa "inspectors". 

there's too much money floating around and virtually no oversight.

get the picture?

He actually is more athletic than Ryan Williams. Is he a better playa? Don't know but he has more height to him and is a real 6'6" small forward. Ryan was 6'2" at best.

He actually is more athletic than Ryan Williams. Is he a better playa? Don't know but he has more height to him and is a real 6'6" small forward. Ryan was 6'2" at best.

He's a very smsll very athletic 4 from all the write up.

With lack of shooting or ball handling skills, he is not a BE 3
Molloy '71

He's a very smsll very athletic 4 from all the write up.

With lack of shooting or ball handling skills, he is not a BE 3

Says who?

TONYD3

I met Ryan Williams last year he is closer to 6'6 then 6'2.

I met Ryan Williams last year he is closer to 6'6 then 6'2.

No he's not he's like a solid 6'4. I'm 6'2 and he's barely bigger than me.

Dwayne Polee will take an official visit to Oregon beginning Saturday and says he will probably make a college announcement after the trip.

“Yeah, probably after this visit,” he wrote Thursday by text.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/30/polee-to-announce-next-week/
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

That's a little scary.  I don't like the thought of him committing right after the visit as Oregon will be fresh in his mind but who knows.