Remi Barry - SF - Loomis, CA (France) - Del Oro High School - NEW MEXICO STATE

• 198 replies
Re: Remi Barry - SF - Loomis, CA (France) - Del Oro High School
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »
the Wear brothers from UNC will both be transferring to UCLA..could this help our chances with barry?

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2010, 09:03:03 AM »
the Wear brothers from UNC will both be transferring to UCLA..could this help our chances with barry?

They still have another schollie available
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

SJU79

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 09:44:25 AM »
Heard from a REALLY good source that this kid is the real deal. Guy said he has top 10 talent and would be the finest talent SJU has had in many years.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2010, 10:09:50 AM »
So who does he start over?  Unless they run a lineup out of Burrell-Kennedy-Barry-Hardy-Boothe. 

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »

So who does he start over?  Unless they run a lineup out of Burrell-Kennedy-Barry-Hardy-Boothe. 

to be honest i would be more worried about burrell at the five than kennedy at the four. and i think burrell can hold his own at the five
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2010, 02:05:47 PM »

im not talking about scholarship..im talking about playing time and the roles they play

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »

im not talking about scholarship..im talking about playing time and the roles they play

The Wears are PFs...so no effect IMO.  Plus they have to sit out a year.

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 04:20:11 PM »
Heard from a REALLY good source that this kid is the real deal. Guy said he has top 10 talent and would be the finest talent SJU has had in many years.

SJU79 you have great insight and posts on the site..  You should post more.  What are the chances we land this kid?

sjd8886

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »

any top 50 or so recruit would be the finest talent SJU has had in many years, but yea, everyone seems to be really high on this kid

matt6

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »

DAMN!!...hope we get him!!..im sooooo excited 4 next year..and if we sign barry...wow!! :)

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 11:19:10 PM »
if this kid is that good, how come hes still available?  I hope he is as good as advertised

LJSA

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2010, 04:15:21 AM »

Not sure if it's accurate, but I was told Barry could run the point if he had to.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2010, 07:10:21 AM »
if this kid is that good, how come hes still available?  I hope he is as good as advertised
I think he's available because people didn't know he would qualify, and he wasn't on the high school circuit last year.  There is a chance he's overhyped... I don't expect him to actually be able to play the point, for example.

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
We really could use an impact player.

Aces

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2010, 07:59:59 PM »
his coach coached gerald wallace and stojachavic and said barry looks better than both

Moose

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2010, 10:05:35 AM »
his coach coached gerald wallace and stojachavic and said barry looks better than both

He didn't coach them.  The coach is from Sacremento and saw them both play while they played for the Kings.  Peja came from overseas and Wallace is from Alabama.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2010, 02:24:41 PM »
UCLA is looking at Sallie from Memphis too.

http://www.duckterritory.com/basketball/recruiting/1129-sallie-looking-at-oregon-post-memphis-careerDoes Sallie view the Ducks as a possible school that will make the cut?

"Well I got to be interested in them if I am going out there [laughs], but ya, I told myself that Oregon was a school I had to check out and I am going to make sure that Oregon is the first school I look at," said Sallie. "I am going to check out Oregon and then I think I might swing down to UCLA after that visit and see what is going on at UCLA but outside of those two I am still in the very early stages of schools."

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »

He didn't coach them.  The coach is from Sacremento and saw them both play while they played for the Kings.  Peja came from overseas and Wallace is from Alabama.

I thought it said he "worked" with them.  Whatever that means.  But a little more than just going to a Kings game and watching them I suppose.