Daniel Dingle - SF - St. Raymond's HS - Bronx, NY

• 62 replies
Re: Daniel Dingle - SF - St. Raymond's HS - Bronx, NY
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 04:59:13 PM »
I'm just not a big fan of his game as I don't think he translates to our system all that well.  I could be wrong.  He's really not a great athlete.  He has some skills for sure, but we play fast tempo ball.  He reminds me of a guy like Ty Grant.  I'm not saying he'll be as good as Ty Grant, but similar style but more perimeter skills than Ty.   He's a below the rim type guy and not the style of player that we are recruiting under Lavin IMO.

Forget system or comparisons.  Dingle can play .  We probably won't recruit him due to the limited number of ships.. but i'll tell you if we did he would be a great get.

Marillac

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 09:10:32 PM »
I'm just not a big fan of his game as I don't think he translates to our system all that well.  I could be wrong.  He's really not a great athlete.  He has some skills for sure, but we play fast tempo ball.  He reminds me of a guy like Ty Grant.  I'm not saying he'll be as good as Ty Grant, but similar style but more perimeter skills than Ty.   He's a below the rim type guy and not the style of player that we are recruiting under Lavin IMO.

I really like his game from what I've seen...looks A LOT like Ryan Gomes.  Like you, though, I'm not sure he fits our system.  I think he'll be a baller for sure though at the Big East level. 

gonzalo

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 03:00:34 AM »

I am very skeptical about players with systems. Remember Kyle Anderson. Lavin is recruiting him.

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 04:10:47 AM »

I am very skeptical about players with systems. Remember Kyle Anderson. Lavin is recruiting him.

I think Kyle fits any system.  His length and ability to defend multiple positions will be excellent in trapping defense that falls back into a zone.  His ability to handle and pass the ball will be great if we run or in a half court set.

MCNPA

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 04:25:40 AM »

I think Kyle fits any system.  His length and ability to defend multiple positions will be excellent in trapping defense that falls back into a zone.  His ability to handle and pass the ball will be great if we run or in a half court set.

Kyle Anderson fits our system well, like Marillac said.  I was skeptical in the beginning, but I've seen how he runs the break and does everything else.  Dingle is different.  He's not as good an athlete as Kyle Anderson even.  He's not a guy that is going to get up and down the court all game, not does he get elevation around the rim.  He's a PF because he doesn't quite have the step outside to get passed his defender like a wing.  No doubt he is a solid player, but I like the way Lavin is building this team and I'm not sure where Dingle will be a key player.  I like guys like Kamari Murphy better if we go down the line. 

There is zero reason that we have to reach on players considering the way Lavin recruits.  I think he can certainly play at this level, but not sure he's the best fit for us. 

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 01:08:16 PM »
I'm going to have to agree with MCNPA. Granted I've only seen him play once (at IS8 a couple months ago) but I wasn't very impressed. He looked a little heavy, not very athletic or active on the court. Maybe Lavin has just spoiled us too much but he doesn't seem to fit the mold of the recruits we've signed over the last year plus he doesn't really fill a need position wise.

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 01:09:49 PM »
Forgot to mention in the above post I would take Kamari Murphy any day over Dingle. Again this was just one day, but Murphy was all over the place you can tell the kid has heart.

Moose

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 01:35:33 PM »
Forgot to mention in the above post I would take Kamari Murphy any day over Dingle. Again this was just one day, but Murphy was all over the place you can tell the kid has heart.

Interesting.  I've seen Murphy 2-3 times but he hasn't impressed me.  Whereas Dingle has.  But the difference is Murphy has a more defined role and size as opposed to Dingle.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »
I think Dingle will be All-Big East with the right team (Providence/Seton Hall?). 

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »
seems like he would fit in well at pit or maybe wvu
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »
All big east?  I think that Dingle would struggle scoring and boarding against superior height, athleticism and lots of talent across the board.  Like I said, he's Ty Grant lite.  It jus doesn't translate into the type of game we're going to play.

MCNPA

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »

Interesting.  I've seen Murphy 2-3 times but he hasn't impressed me.  Whereas Dingle has.  But the difference is Murphy has a more defined role and size as opposed to Dingle.

Murphy wouldn't be my choice as a first line recruit either, but he has the length, athleticism and motor to play the way Lavin wants his teams to.

Moose

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »
I think Dingle will be All-Big East with the right team (Providence/Seton Hall?). 

A lot will have to fall his way for that to happen.  I think he should go to an A-10 school and he will enjoy a really good 4 yr career.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »

A lot will have to fall his way for that to happen.  I think he should go to an A-10 school and he will enjoy a really good 4 yr career.

I see him taking the Xavier ship.  I agree Moose...

Marillac

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »
All big east?  I think that Dingle would struggle scoring and boarding against superior height, athleticism and lots of talent across the board.  Like I said, he's Ty Grant lite.  It jus doesn't translate into the type of game we're going to play.

Really creative and coordinated with his shots down low.  Seeks contact and gets his shot off after...that is menacing in college.  Not a great athlete obviously, but neither were Gomes or Dudley from Boston College.  If he improves his jumper, he will be VERY difficult to cover man-to-man or in a zone. 

WV would be a great fit as well as AMASE mentioned.

LJSA

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »
I predict Iowa State, along with every other NYC guy who we pass on.

MCNPA

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
I predict Iowa State, along with every other NYC guy who we pass on.

Bernardi was also just offered by Iowa State...

gonzalo

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
Daniel Dingle lists Temple, Arizona, Xavier, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Dayton, Auburn, UMass, West Virginia, Texas, Miami, Florida, UK & FSU.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/91523403764346880

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2011, 09:43:29 PM »
Daniel Dingle, a 6-foot-7 forward from St. Raymond’s in the Bronx, has cut his list to seven schools.

Dingle is down to Temple, Auburn, Arizona, UMass, Seton Hall, Maryland and Missouri.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/11/dingle-trims-list-to-six/
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

crgreen

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2011, 05:21:01 AM »
Daniel Dingle, a 6-foot-7 forward from St. Raymond’s in the Bronx, has cut his list to seven schools.

Dingle is down to Temple, Auburn, Arizona, UMass, Seton Hall, Maryland and Missouri.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/11/dingle-trims-list-to-six/

Not to insult the other schools, but Arizona really looks out of place in THAT group of  7.   Is that offer legit???