Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »
I'm not worried about recruits as much as I use to be.  It is not like the old days where if we missed on the top flight guy we scrambled and had to beat out western Kentucky for a diamond in the rough.  Lavin has showed he can recruit against anyone one and will come out as the winner.  Lavin doesn't have to wait for Anderson and that is a good thing in my book.

I agree, kjd.  Lavin doesn't have to wait on anyone, as he's one of the best recruiters in the game.  Figuring, we'll only have two scholarships available at the most....  He can wait on Anderson.  He won't have to wait out of necessity.  He can wait because....  he can.

We all know Lavin is a tough dude to beat on the recruiting trail when recruiting a multitude of players.  I'm sure he and the staff will be even tougher, considering they can focus most of their attention on Anderson and Gathers for the next several months.  Anderson can commit early, but he will not sign 'til the late signing period, as Hurley, Sr. players have been doing for awhile.

I feel confident in saying, if our staff place most of their effort and attention on Anderson and Gathers then I feel very highly about those two being Johnnies in the end.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:21:33 PM by mjdinkins »

Moose

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »

KA will definitely be a late signee which I think will eliminate St. John's from going after him as I think St. John's will get more guys in the early signing period.

http://bit.ly/eImJB5

RT @CerasolisGhost: Kyle Anderson has said that he wants to commit before his first HS practice of next season, we'll see if that holds true. #shbb #stjbb
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »
Just remember what Alex Kline tweeted a few weeks back when he said SJU looking to make room for Gathers and Kyle.

Dave is right on one thing.  Coach Willard is going HARD after Anderson, throwing the kitchen sink at him.  There is no question the SHU staff feels that they need to land a top recruit to get some street cred in terms of future recruiting. 

kjd01067

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2011, 08:47:34 AM »
Just remember what Alex Kline tweeted a few weeks back when he said SJU looking to make room for Gathers and Kyle.

Dave is right on one thing.  Coach Willard is going HARD after Anderson, throwing the kitchen sink at him.  There is no question the SHU staff feels that they need to land a top recruit to get some street cred in terms of future recruiting. 

I would love to get Anderson and Gathers but that is assuming we have 2 ships next year.  I still think Lavin will sign another guy in the late signing period which causes even more of a problem as far as available ships go.  I just took a look at the scholarship distribution table, http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=928.0, and in order to bring those 2 guys in some people would have to move on.  Let the speculation begin lol

Moose

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2011, 08:57:52 AM »

I would love to get Anderson and Gathers but that is assuming we have 2 ships next year.  I still think Lavin will sign another guy in the late signing period which causes even more of a problem as far as available ships go.  I just took a look at the scholarship distribution table, http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=928.0, and in order to bring those 2 guys in some people would have to move on.  Let the speculation begin lol

I don't think there is much to speculate on.  The two names that are most commonly mentioned are Stith leaving or Nuri leaving early.  Nuri was mentioned by NBA scouts for the draft this year so its only natural.  And Stith transferring has been talked about since last year.

Also to note if the new NBA CBA comes to fruition and the draft age is raised to 20 that should stop pretty much any of our incoming class from leaving 'except' for Nuri.

Poison

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »
I think that's fantastic. You want to come here? Make up your mind, or you go to Seton Hall. There is no reason to ever kiss the a** of a 16 year old kid.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:39:32 PM by Poison »

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2011, 05:44:54 PM »
i'd be surprised if he didnt come to st johns if we really wanted him enough

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2011, 11:23:43 AM »
He just said he's going to cut down on his list soon, but that SH, Arizona, UCLA, Nova, St.John's, X, UConn, and Kentucky were coming hardest.

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2011, 11:25:29 AM »
He just said he's going to cut down on his list soon, but that SH, Arizona, UCLA, Nova, St.John's, X, UConn, and Kentucky were coming hardest.

Appreciate it, NTSG.  I also heard (not sure how reliable the source) that we would surely make the cut.

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 10:27:21 AM »
Per Rivals....

Kyle Anderson (2012, Playaz)

A lot has been written about Anderson, but here are two observations from this event. Anderson will always be a penetrator first player, but his outside shot will be good enough at the next level to keep the defense honest. Secondly, it will take maximum effort from Anderson to be an adequate defender at the next level.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1212953

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »
Per Zags.   Lots of schools looking to get in on Kyle.  Sure seems like his father isn't ready to cut down his list.  Also apparently Norm will be making one of his first recruiting trips for Coach Donovan:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/04/18/coaches-flocking-to-see-kyle-anderson/#more-50958

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »
More schools are going to come after KA. It's kind of ridiculous that every time I see him he's gets better. He was nothing short of phenomenal this weekend. I have some highlights I'll be putting together and I'll post tomorrow.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2011, 10:18:38 PM »
Let the schools come after Anderson.  I don't mind some competition.  It'll be that much sweeter when he chooses St. John's over all the heavy hitters.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:19:05 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2011, 09:30:11 AM »
do you think the staff is that comfortable with where we stand that they arent even sending anyone over to JC to see him?

Moose

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2011, 09:49:43 AM »
do you think the staff is that comfortable with where we stand that they arent even sending anyone over to JC to see him?

I think the staff knows what they are doing.  This doesn't mean they will never see Kyle again.  He is in our 'backyard'.  I don't know where the staff is these last few open days but I'm sure we will be very pleased.

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2011, 08:34:29 PM »

They saw him during the high school season. I was at one of the games where both Lavin and Chiles were there.

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2011, 02:34:20 AM »
What i find most intriguing is with Norm recruiting the kid and what happens when he brings him to the city to ESPN Sports Zone to go out to dinner and finds out its closed.

WHat does he do then ? Does his head explode from having to actually make a dinner time adjustment ?

MCNPA

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2011, 08:42:05 AM »
What i find most intriguing is with Norm recruiting the kid and what happens when he brings him to the city to ESPN Sports Zone to go out to dinner and finds out its closed.

WHat does he do then ? Does his head explode from having to actually make a dinner time adjustment ?

There's always the good ole LaGuardia Mariott!

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2011, 10:39:21 PM »
Mixtape I made from this past weekend. Anderson is towards the end of the video but there are a ton of 2012/2013 guys in this that will be targeted by St. John's

2011 Hoop Group Pitt Jam Fest

Moose

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »
Names would have been helpful Dave :)