Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
According ti Rivals, Norvel is presently rated as the #1 center in the country over Rakeem Christmas.

« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2011, 07:12:37 PM »
According ti Rivals, Norvel is presently rated as the #1 center in the country over Rakeem Christmas.

Good to see ya here realfan!

« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »
Thanks Marco, but I am sure that is not how everyone else here feels.  lol

TheVig

« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2011, 12:42:04 AM »
Neal Nieves Reporting on twitter Pelle will prep rather than be at St. John's next year. This would be an epic disaster if accurate.

« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2011, 12:45:14 AM »
Neal Nieves Reporting on twitter Pelle will prep rather than be at St. John's next year. This would be an epic disaster if accurate.

Please God don't let this be true.  :-\

Wods317

« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2011, 12:50:25 AM »

Wow and we thought size up front was an issue before. He isn't our best recruit but he maybe the one we could least afford to lose at this point. We need his size up front because that leaves only GG as our one true big man. If this is true we may need to get another big man somehow or we are in some trouble.

« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2011, 01:12:06 AM »
In serious trouble if this is true.  GG is not known as a shot blocker and basically we now have him and Sampson as our big guys and that is it.  ANd it's not like Sampson is built to play against BE fours right away.

We better get used to the zone, which isnt great for rebounding anyway.  Add in the lack of size, little shotblocking and the trouble well be in when Sampson or GG get in foul trouble makes this a huge loss.   

Plus why would Pelle choose to prep now?  I just dont see the reason yet, if it's grades that's fine.  If not, i doubt he ever steps on campus. 

« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2011, 01:32:26 AM »
i hope its not true but like 2 weeks ago there was speculation sampson was gonna prep hope this is B.S too

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2011, 01:38:28 AM »
True, and we know Steve is good recruiter.  Need to have him get in Pelle's ear and persuade him to get to queens next year. 

MCNPA

« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2011, 01:58:44 AM »
That effing blows.  It seems a grades issue.  I hope he stays committed.  We're absolutely screwed for this season though, as God's gift is not nearly enough for the 4/5 spots.  It's tough enough to try to fill a 10 man class, then losing a top player like this.  I hope everything with Harkless ends up ok.  In addition, Lavin needs to add somebody up front.  We can't enter next season with 9 guys and no real centers on the roster.  Monstrous loss.

MCNPA

« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2011, 03:04:12 AM »
With Pelle prepping we're going to have to reach out to a guy like Keith Coleman who's still on the board.  Don't think we can go into the big east with our lack of size up front.

MCNPA

« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2011, 03:26:08 AM »
Scratch that, keith Coleman heading to JC. 

« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2011, 06:46:03 AM »
norvel just posted on twitter  " false info leads to false reports " 14 min ago.    hopefully he'll suit up for us this year

« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2011, 07:19:02 AM »
norvel just posted on twitter  " false info leads to false reports " 14 min ago.    hopefully he'll suit up for us this year

4:00 AM local time?
Fire Mullin.

MCNPA

« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2011, 07:31:47 AM »

Saw that...hope so

« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2011, 08:00:22 AM »
That would be the real first bad news of the Lavin era. Hope it's false.

kjd01067

« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2011, 08:01:59 AM »

I hope so much that he is eligible and can play.

TheVig

« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2011, 08:34:23 AM »
Although I trust Nieves, Pelle has said some things on social media sites that lead me to believe he'll be on campus. On Facebook just 9 hours ago he is telling a coach of his he has summer school in NY in July. Just a couple days back he contacted Nuri on Twitter just to check in and also conversed with Moe, Amir, Dom and Jakarr. I'm gonna hope Nieves just had a bad source on this one.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2011, 12:05:18 PM »
Bad sources can happen to the best of 'em. I trust Neal, but Pelle is shooting this one down himself.

sju89tr

« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2011, 01:00:18 PM »
Although I trust Nieves, Pelle has said some things on social media sites that lead me to believe he'll be on campus. On Facebook just 9 hours ago he is telling a coach of his he has summer school in NY in July. Just a couple days back he contacted Nuri on Twitter just to check in and also conversed with Moe, Amir, Dom and Jakarr. I'm gonna hope Nieves just had a bad source on this one.

I have to say Neal Nieves is one of the better bloggers out there but on this one his source advised that he would transfer to Findley but no play. That did not make much sense to me, he would not be doing himself any favors with a year of inactivity. If he would not qualify, I would think he would just go Juco so he had options for the NBA next year or overseas or a 4 year school