Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2010, 01:25:18 AM »
Great news

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2010, 08:03:40 AM »
Wow Dave.

The would be the cherry on top for this weekend.

Team looked sharp in the exhibition game and we land the man in the middle we need so badly in this recruiting class. Pelle we need you to be throwing down monster dunks for us next year, like JB2 did last night.

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2010, 11:47:18 AM »
We need Pelle, if that rumor is true then I will be so happy.

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2010, 05:21:05 PM »
I really hope this rumor is true hes a perfect fit

Poison

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2010, 05:46:18 PM »
He was walking around Alumni Hall last night, and both he and Garrett seemed comfortable there.

Just about everyone in attendance knew who they were. Didn't hurt that we played really well, and threw the ball down 2 dozen times, or so.

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »
It seems Pelle is gonna depart New York without committing....  Hopefully, he does in the coming days.

Per Zags....  Spoke briefly with Norvel Pelle Sr.. They leave St. John's at 7 p.m., but no commitment yet. "No, no, no." Will udpate later

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1402364237979648[/tweet]

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2010, 09:46:15 PM »
Down to STJ and Washington...some good quotes but the UW coach is a good recruiter too.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/07/pelle-to-choose-between-st-johns-washington/#more-42178

Norvel Pelle, the No. 2 center in the Class of 2011 from Los Angeles Price High School, says he “loved” his official visit to St. John’s and will decide between the Johnnies and Washington after visiting UW next weekend.

“I have Washington next weekend,” Pelle said by phone Sunday night. “I’m just going with an open mind.”

Asked if those were the only two schools he was focusing on at this point, Pelle said, “Yes.”

Asked if he planned to sign in November, he said, “Yes.”
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2010, 10:20:50 PM »
Down to STJ and Washington...some good quotes but the UW coach is a good recruiter too.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/07/pelle-to-choose-between-st-johns-washington/#more-42178

Norvel Pelle, the No. 2 center in the Class of 2011 from Los Angeles Price High School, says he “loved” his official visit to St. John’s and will decide between the Johnnies and Washington after visiting UW next weekend.

“I have Washington next weekend,” Pelle said by phone Sunday night. “I’m just going with an open mind.”

Asked if those were the only two schools he was focusing on at this point, Pelle said, “Yes.”

You're right, as Romar is a heckuva recruiter in his own right.  But, it does seem like (from the article) that he is somewhat leaning towards the Johnnies.  Hopefully, he's a part of the Johnnies family in another 10 days.

Wods317

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »

You're right, as Romar is a heckuva recruiter in his own right.  But, it does seem like (from the article) that he is somewhat leaning towards the Johnnies.  Hopefully, he's a part of the Johnnies family in another 10 days.

I think he is smart to visit Washington. I want him here and I think he will be here but he hasnt been on many visits and if he has interest in Washington he should visit them even if he loved SJU. I think we did all we could to get him and just hope next week that it was enough because we need him.

« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 11:50:04 PM »
i talked to him yesterday at the game he said he was most likely commiting here and he said he loved it to zagoria so i wouldnt be tooo worried but still there is a lil concern

Marillac

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »
This trip to UW (if he makes it) is just a formality.  We got this kid.  I'm beyond confident.

Poison

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2010, 12:44:42 AM »
Well, my inside sources told me that he was wearing an SJU sweatshirt last night.

My inside sources being my eyeballs.

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2010, 12:47:10 AM »
This trip to UW (if he makes it) is just a formality.  We got this kid.  I'm beyond confident.

What a difference a year makes. Go look at some old recruiting threads its funny.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2010, 12:55:18 AM »

What a difference a year makes. Go look at some old recruiting threads its funny.

I know...the last seven-eight years we were the courtesy trip.

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »
Can this kid play with his back to the basket?

boo3

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2010, 07:36:04 PM »

No , but he plays with his head above the rim.   He'll be a defensive stopper like we haven't seen in a long time around here.  Not many high school bigs have a back to basket game initially.  No need when you can physically dominate at the high school level.  I'm sure the top notch coaching staff we have in place is salivating at the thought of coaching this kid.    Don't worry Baldi,  its ok.    :)

Marillac

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2010, 12:42:45 AM »

After 3 months with Dunlap, I'd venture to say that he'll have a handful of go-to moves with his back to the basket.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2010, 10:06:31 AM »

After 3 months with Dunlap, I'd venture to say that he'll have a handful of go-to moves with his back to the basket.
You think Dunlap can get him to be a solid option in the paint in 3 months?  Does Pelle already have back to the basket moves? Love his athleticism, but haven't seen much video of him in the halfcourt.

(And if Dunlap could get Pelle useable post moves, maybe he can get Burrell's post moves to be more effective.)

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »