Tavon Sledge - PG - Iowa State Transfer - Dix Hills, NY

• 85 replies

Marillac

Re: Tavon Sledge - PG - Iowa State Transfer - Dix Hills, NY
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »
For what Lav and Dunlap want to do at STJ, Sledge is perfect.  I don't agree with the posters that call him a SG, but I do think it is clear he needs a little work on his game--an extra year of practice before he's eligible would do him wonders.  I actually felt ISU should have redshirted him this year with their senior backcourt. 

FTR, Sledge is one of the nicest kids I've ever conversed with. I think Iona would be great for him, but we could also use him.  Good lord, pulling Sledge, Balamou, and Pointer of the bench would be some athletic boost.

desco80

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2012, 12:40:58 AM »
Sledge could fit perfectly on the holes left at IonA.  But you don't know how the kid feels.  He could be looking for a lower level Bcs school with playing time to give at the combo guard spots.

And for what it's worth I think he's a pg in progress.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:00:20 PM by desco80 »

sju89tr

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:39 AM »
Got to be Hofstra or Iona, last thing the kid wants is to sit at another big conference school.

LJSA

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »
Got to be Hofstra or Iona, last thing the kid wants is to sit at another big conference school.

I'd go to Stony Brook before Hofstra at this point in time.

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2012, 03:45:55 PM »
we do not need any more Smurfs

That smurf will fly through the lane and put your ass on a poster. I'm down for Sledge. Always liked this kid and he seems to fit perfectly with this team. He defends, runs the floor, and is a explosive athlete. Sign me up right now. Not to mention, kid is going to be around until his senior year and could really be a complete player by then.

Happy

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2012, 03:53:57 PM »
we do not need any more Smurfs

That smurf will fly through the lane and put your ass on a poster. I'm down for Sledge. Always liked this kid and he seems to fit perfectly with this team. He defends, runs the floor, and is a explosive athlete. Sign me up right now. Not to mention, kid is going to be around until his senior year and could really be a complete player by then.

He played zero defense in high school..  and the term runs the floor should only apply to a big man..  I think we could do better in terms of people we are taking for '13... He is barely 5'9 and the athleticism he has will be countered by equally good athletes of the 6'2 and up variety in the Big East.  Some people like him on here and some dislike him.. but he will land at a smaller school and it won't be Hofstra from what I've been told.  Shocked if we were interested.

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 03:58:16 PM »
He plays no defense? Well I got a school for him.  Maybe him and his old buddy Tyler Harris could be a package deal

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »
He plays no defense? Well I got a school for him.  Maybe him and his old buddy Tyler Harris could be a package deal
And what school might that be Baldi? Wonder the % of people on this  board that will be able to detect my " hint" of sarcasm? ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:02:52 PM by Celtics11 »

crgreen

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 06:19:02 PM »
Wonder if folks would be so high on the kid if....he didn't have SUCH a cool name?  :)

boo3

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 06:36:14 PM »
And what school might that be Baldi? Wonder the % of people on this  board that will be able to detect my " hint" of sarcasm? ;)

Dude!  Don't you know anything?  Baldi is a pathetic IONA fan. Get with the program pops!!!!! 

;) ;)

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »
@marchenrysports: Heard that #Hofstra and Iona #ICGAELS are both in the mix for Iowa State transfer Tavon Sledge. He'd be a good fit for either program.

Happy

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2012, 11:39:13 PM »
@marchenrysports: Heard that #Hofstra and Iona #ICGAELS are both in the mix for Iowa State transfer Tavon Sledge. He'd be a good fit for either program.

I heard Hofstra was not interested.. I'm sure that could change.  I think he would be Good for Iona.

gman

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 11:55:40 AM »
The kid is looking for PT.  Wouldn't that rule us out?  I think he would be great for one of the local mid-majors.

sju89tr

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »
I don't think we are a good fit and would rather look at a freshman PG for the 2013 class although that is not a priority either.

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2012, 05:51:56 PM »
RT @AdamZagoria: Iowa State transfer Tavon Sledge will visit Iona next weekend.

Poison

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »

Good I hope they get him.

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »

Me too. Perfect fit. Grasso will lock this kid up
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:10:28 PM by Marco Baldi »

Happy

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »

Me too. Perfect fit. Grasso will lock this kid up

No info on his recruitment.. But you are right.. Iona is a perfect fit and level for Sledge .

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 09:03:46 PM »
Great fit, good for him.  PT will be available.
@Coachnice persong

Happy

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2012, 04:10:42 PM »
 >
Just commited to Iona