Savon Goodman - SF - Academy Of The New Church - Philadelphia, PA - UNLV

• 146 replies
2012 four-star forward Savon Goodman had a strong showing in the desert. Villanova, Texas, Rutgers, Miami and Penn State have offered, including all the area Philadelphia schools. Interest is also coming in from West Virginia, Georgetown, North Carolina, Duke, North Carolina State, Marquette, Xavier and St. John's.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1107455
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:59:56 AM by kjd01067 »

Re: Savon Goodman - SF - Academy Of The New Church - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »
2012 four-star forward Savon Goodman had a strong showing in the desert. Villanova, Texas, Rutgers, Miami and Penn State have offered, including all the area Philadelphia schools. Interest is also coming in from West Virginia, Georgetown, North Carolina, Duke, North Carolina State, Marquette, Xavier and St. John's.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1107455
I love this kid's mix of strength and athleticism (works with Tyreke Evans and his trainer, Lamont). Savon's a nice kid off of the court, but a nasty mf on it. He plays with Rak Christmas and Malcolm Gilbert in hs and with Amile Jefferson on the AAU circuit.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:47 PM »
Duke is looking at him today.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/NBESports/status/25786985564[/tweet]

Savon Bil Goodman's AAU coach Kyle Sample on Goodman's recruitment: "He really likes Villanova and Duke a lot."

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »
Any relation to Tamir?

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 07:44:23 PM »
This kid is really, REALLY good.  Saw him last season.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »
Any relation to Tamir?
No, relation to the "Jewish Jordan." For a young fella, he's got a very similar voice to Ving Rhames.

This kid is really, REALLY good.  Saw him last season.
He's got a ferocious nature to his game. He told me that he and Lamont Peterson work primarily on his skill set, not enhancing his athleticism.

He and Amile absolutely crushed the 16s in Vegas. They were manhandling teams all the way through the Finals. Their coach had some personal issues and so Mr. Jefferson took over. Savon, Norm Powell, and Amir Garrett were dunking machines at the Pangos AA Camp in Long Beach. He was the captain of the hs team, with Rak Christmas and Malcolm Gilbert, as a sophomore.

I thought Amile improved even more over the past ten months, but they play so well together. Power and finesse.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:19:19 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 01:22:36 PM »
On Twitter, seeing rumor that Savon Goodman will commit to Villanova, via Philadelphia Inquirer's Keith Pompey.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/pompeysgridlock/status/9308616322457600[/tweet]

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 02:21:33 AM »
Huge get for Nova...damn.  I'm glad our class has a year up on him (two for Polee). They are going to need every bit of college weight lifting to be ready for this beast.  The only one of our guys strong enough right now to handle him is probably Dom.  I think Sampson can get there by his soph season.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
On Twitter, seeing rumor that Savon Goodman will commit to Villanova, via Philadelphia Inquirer's Keith Pompey.

He had 24 and 14 the other night in an upset of then #1 Findlay (Myck Kabongo, Nick Johnson, Amir Garrett, etc.).

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »

He had 24 and 14 the other night in an upset of then #1 Findlay (Myck Kabongo, Nick Johnson, Amir Garrett, etc.).

Who covered him?  I'm assuming one of the younger forwards?

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 06:20:42 PM »

Who covered him?  I'm assuming one of the younger forwards?
I wasn't at the game (Illinois), but I can ask. I'd suspect a combination of Sheppard, Garrett, NGW, and Johnson. I was told Gilbert of Pitt also played hard on both ends (not always a given) for ANC.

boo3

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
  Looks like a young Larry Johnson.

Moose

Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 01:29:24 PM »
This is interesting.  I wonder if 'Nove was looking to open up a scholly for Amile.

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
From Dave Telep: Savon Goodman no longer committed to Villanova. Now at Constitution. Look for UK, Villa, KU, SJU, Louisville, Texas, UCLA, Zona, maybe more

gman

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 04:29:08 PM »
Wow, didn't someone (MCNPA?) say he was reclassifying?

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »

crgreen

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 01:02:02 AM »
From Dave Telep: Savon Goodman no longer committed to Villanova. Now at Constitution. Look for UK, Villa, KU, SJU, Louisville, Texas, UCLA, Zona, maybe more

On the discussion of a Kyle Anderson/Shabazz Mohammad package to UCLA....

Interestingly, Savon Goodman took an "Official" visit (per the UCLA Scout site) at UCLA this weekend - not an unofficial.   The Bruins 2012 class has already accepted a verbal from 6'5 SF Jordan Adams (Oak Hill's #2 scorer this past season).   As a Bruin fan, I certainly hope the long held belief that SF Shabazz Mohammad is a strong UCLA lean is true, but using one of their officials for a THIRD 2012 SF sure sounds like Ben Howland is hedging his bets.    As a Bruin fan I really want Shabazz at UCLA - and Kyle as well!  No Shabazz almost assuredly means no Kyle.  The timing of this Goodman official concerns me, and should encourange y'all....