Savon Goodman - SF - Academy Of The New Church - Philadelphia, PA - UNLV

• 146 replies

desco80

Re: Savon Goodman - SF - Academy Of The New Church - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »
Some mixed messages here...

You would think Tony would be familiar with Savon and his coaches, and if he wanted to visit it would be a no-brainer.   

paultzman

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
IMO, staff knows Savon will be a 2013 recruit and is not really targeting him. They have a plan and are sticking to it. Josiah's appearance probably was a pleasant surprise & an opportunity worth pursuing. Again, IMo, Savon is all over the place and not worth getting distracted from game plan. Kid can play, but sometimes the greater good is more important.

paultzman

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2012, 09:51:55 PM »
Wonder if SJU saying the same thing?

“@DanielJMartin_: Philly native Savon Goodman, who is still sitting out with a knee sprain, says he will visit St. John's in two weeks. #STJbb #HGJamfest”

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:52 PM »
Wonder if SJU saying the same thing?

“@DanielJMartin_: Philly native Savon Goodman, who is still sitting out with a knee sprain, says he will visit St. John's in two weeks. #STJbb #HGJamfest”

Told no one at SJU is aware of this interest.  Of course that could change.

BTW-I know he says otherwise but I still hear his grades are a mess and cannot believe he will make it thru the NCAA Eligibility Center.

paultzman

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
I agree with you Fordham, a 2013 recruit at best! He has good self promotion skills for sure!

LJSA

« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »
Seems like he's one of those kids that needs a prep year ... and then does two years of juco anyway. Worked for Dwight.

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2012, 10:42:48 PM »
Seems like he's one of those kids that needs a prep year ... and then does two years of juco anyway. Worked for Dwight.

Ya me moved back to 7th grade, making his confirmation with Jevon Thomas

« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2012, 09:17:56 AM »

Can you repeat that in English, Baldi?    ;D

LJSA

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2012, 12:02:01 AM »

Can you repeat that in English, Baldi?    ;D

It took me a minute to figure out he was only one letter off, at which point I thought it was pretty damn funny. Mean, but funny.

« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2012, 03:38:38 AM »
Iona would die for this guy to show interest....with the schools he is showing interest in...even the "great" Grasso wouldn't stand a chance....

paultzman

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Savon Goodman will take an unofficial to Seton Hall tomorrow, per Rob Moore. Story coming soon. #Shbb”

Moose

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Savon Goodman will take an unofficial to Seton Hall tomorrow, per Rob Moore. Story coming soon. #Shbb”

Unofficial because he probably doesn't have the grades. (Hope I'm not getting too personal :) )
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2012, 12:50:55 PM »
The saga continues.

“@AdamZagoria: Turns out Savon Goodman visits Seton Hall Friday, not today. Some confusion on the days. Also Larry Brown has called Rob Moore on Savon.”

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
The saga continues.

“@AdamZagoria: Turns out Savon Goodman visits Seton Hall Friday, not today. Some confusion on the days. Also Larry Brown has called Rob Moore on Savon.”

Honestly it would not shock me if it turns out SHU does not even know he is planning on visiting.

And SMU actually makes sense for him.

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »
From today's recruiting report on scout.com:

There is talk out there of Savon Goodman wanting to set up a visit to Missouri and that potentially could happen. Goodman is still wanting to be recruited as a member of the 2012 class, and that is why he continues to talk with Temple and other schools. However all sources are indicating he won’t qualify and will be in the 2013 class. In fact Goodman has already contacted prep schools inquiring about attending their school and then going to college in 2013.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=75&f=1043

Marillac

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2012, 08:01:37 PM »
The saga continues.

Honestly it would not shock me if it turns out SHU does not even know he is planning on visiting.

Why?  I believe this is the second time you've mentioned Goodman possibly making up a school recruiting him.  The kid is a legit player, and wel above what SH could reasonably expect to land on a regular basis at this point. 

Happy

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »
Just read that he will prep at Brewster next year.. Not sure how accurate it is because nobody else is reporting it.

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »
The saga continues.

Why?  I believe this is the second time you've mentioned Goodman possibly making up a school recruiting him.  The kid is a legit player, and wel above what SH could reasonably expect to land on a regular basis at this point.

First off we know for a fact he is mentioning SJU when our staff has no idea he has scheduled this mythical visit.  Secondly it was the second time his visit had been rescheduled to SHU and so I was speculating.  Third I am not even sure he visited them last Friday to be honest.

paultzman

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »
Just read that he will prep at Brewster next year.. Not sure how accurate it is because nobody else is reporting it.

Makes sense. Don't think he visited SH this weekend

paultzman

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »

same source?

“@NationBTalent: Sources saying Savon Goodman, a 2012 forward of New RENs (NYC) will be attending Brewster Academy next year.”