Savon Goodman - SF - Academy Of The New Church - Philadelphia, PA - UNLV

• 146 replies

Marillac

Re: Savon Goodman - SF - Academy Of The New Church - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2012, 12:56:35 AM »
Goodman is an animal.  If he is in fact qualified, I can't believe anyone would be against adding him. 

desco80

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2012, 10:44:43 AM »
Goodman is an animal.  If he is in fact qualified, I can't believe anyone would be against adding him.

Marillac, can he shoot?    I've heard about the athleticism and his motor, but never seen him play.   Does Savon have a mid-range game?   What about Bbhind the arc?

Moose

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »

Marillac, can he shoot?    I've heard about the athleticism and his motor, but never seen him play.   Does Savon have a mid-range game?   What about Bbhind the arc?

He can shoot if you look at some YouTube videos.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »

Haven't seen enough of him to comment on his shooting.  He doesn't have "pure" form on his shot from what I have seen, but most kids don't.  It seems like he can put the ball in the net at a decent clip.  It's his motor and tenacity that jump out at you...like "damn, this kid can compete with anyone."  Nobody's starting job would be safe if this kid was added to the roster. 

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2012, 04:12:14 PM »

No offense Moose but as a friend of mine once said to me-everyone looks good in highlight reels. A player can shoot 1 for 10 every game and if they just show the ones he made he will look good.

Moose

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »

No offense Moose but as a friend of mine once said to me-everyone looks good in highlight reels. A player can shoot 1 for 10 every game and if they just show the ones he made he will look good.

When Harrison shoots, and Phil Greene shoots from the outside do you feel more comfortable with one versus the other?
Goodman has a surprisingly soft shot when you consider the brute force he displays down low.
I've seen him play in person.  But that can't help the poster who asked.  So I was referring him to YouTube which is the most help that can be offered right now.

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2012, 04:24:10 PM »

I'm definately not against adding him, (but better if he preps, signed in fall & came in '13 ?)
 BUT isn't it great that we're in a position to discuss whether we need a top 60 recruit.
With Dom, Amir & Marco @ the 3 we're in fine shape

Thank you Coach Lavin & staff !
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:25:03 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

Moose

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
A Zags article from a few days prior to STJ mention had his coach talking about waiting to see what Amile and Bennett do.  Makes me think he's shooting for something high like Kentucky or something.

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »

When Harrison shoots, and Phil Greene shoots from the outside do you feel more comfortable with one versus the other?
Goodman has a surprisingly soft shot when you consider the brute force he displays down low.
I've seen him play in person.  But that can't help the poster who asked.  So I was referring him to YouTube which is the most help that can be offered right now.
Wasn't offering an opinion one way or the other just saying highlight reels can be deceptive. And BTW feel more confident when D'Lo is shooting.

Moose

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

Wasn't offering an opinion one way or the other just saying highlight reels can be deceptive. And BTW feel more confident when D'Lo is shooting.

I'd hope you feel more confident with Harrison :)

Chilleb

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
With hooper on board now is goodman realistic? Still in the running for turner?

paultzman

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Savon Goodman will visit Seton Hall Sunday or early next week, Rob Moore tells @SNYtv. Also planning a Pitt visit soon.”

Kid makes the rounds! Can play, but Villanova may be relieved they are not in the hunt.

Poison

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2012, 10:27:37 AM »
Nice

desco80

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:17 AM »
Wow, lot of interesting visits these next two weeks.   Wood, Nolan, now Goodman.    All players that could be either 2012 or 2013 depending on how things shake out.   

Loads of talent visiting Union and Utopia.   Can't complain about that

Chilleb

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2012, 10:40:16 AM »
Wow, lot of interesting visits these next two weeks.   Wood, Nolan, now Goodman.    All players that could be either 2012 or 2013 depending on how things shake out.   

Loads of talent visiting Union and Utopia.   Can't complain about that
only one problem were running out of ships!

Chilleb

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »
funny how zags said one thing and that last article says another

Chilleb

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2012, 10:45:01 AM »
@AdamZagoria St. John's hasn't made any contact with @SavonGoodman5 to set up a visit, per Rob Moore. Just SHU visit set now, working on Pittsburgh. 48 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

sju89tr

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2012, 10:48:36 AM »
Savon has always made it seem like St Johns is involved but I don't think it's true

paultzman

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2012, 10:55:30 AM »
Borzello, who I respect, now saying Goodman wants to visit SJU. Choosing not Savon's

“@jeffborzello: Savor Goodman still weighing his options: http://t.co/L7yy6puj Might reclassify to 2013, might not. Said he wants to visit St. John's.”